Where to buy a camera in Chiang Mai

Beng

Photobug on Chang Peuk. BigCamera and some other shops at Central Festival. I see Photobug listed at Airport Plaza so don't know if they moved or have two shops. Believe some other camera shops at Airport Plaza.

http://www.photobugonline.com/

https://www.facebook.com/PhotobugChiangmai

Google Maps show Chang Peuk

Street View

Thanks, I'll check them out.

I know that Nikon is a good brand, but can I ask why you are fixed on purchasing from this manufacturer? They are typically more expensive, and the detachable lenses are more expensive as well. (Assuming you are talking DSLR)

I know that Nikon is a good brand, but can I ask why you are fixed on purchasing from this manufacturer? They are typically more expensive, and the detachable lenses are more expensive as well. (Assuming you are talking DSLR)

I am not fixed to Nikon at all..

What I need is a compact camera that

- is easy to hold and operate with one hand

- is not the tiny size of a cigarette box with no grip

- fits easily in the under seat box of my motorbike

- comes with a decent sized adjustable screen

- has 12 + MP

- has a decent optical zoom

- runs on batteries (no chargeable accu)

- has a built in flash

- and costs less than 10K Baht

Nikon's Coolpix L 840 has all that. In fact, it comes very close to the Konica Minolta I'm currently using but, bought back in 2004,

is a little outdated and has some mould/fungus inside the lense from some hefty monsoon seasons in the south.

Bought the mentioned camera at Denchai.

Parking right in front of the shop.

Good opening times from 8:30 to 18:00

Very friendly and qualified sales person (Mr. Big)

Same price as at Big Camera

Free 8 GB card

The guy even advised me that, should I need an additional SD card, I'm better off buying it at JIB in computer city mall as they have the cheapest prices for original Sandisc and Kingston micro sd cards. There are obviously many copied products around.

• 5 months later...

I was looking at camera today .

The Tesco shopping center near the super highway , in the whole complex, including the shops and stalls outside and the main Tesco had a total of ZERO cameras for sale .

Although there were about seven outlets selling phones with cameras attached, but there wasnt even one camera for sale

Look at Samsung 20 MP wiih 10x zoom 7 to 10 K in Big Camera. Small but powerful. If also you do need a new smart phone, the model K Zoom have the best camera with Internet connection on the market..about 11K in Big Camera.

Nikons and Canon are good brands too.

Anyway. Buy only from a reputed local store with good service. Not online.

Edited by BKResort

Samsung are not such a good bet for cameras at the moment. They just announced that they are stopping camera sales in two countries and rumour has it that more are to follow. Check the latest news about their intentions online - you don't need to buy a camera with a decreasing prospect of support.

Try looking at the Canon SX700 HS.It seems to fit all your criteria and gives some good results, although it cannot shoot in RAW, unfortunately. I bought mine in SiamTV near Pratu Chiang Mai. Very pleased with it....and they give a free memory card and probably some other goodies too.