I Just Bought A House. Too Young For Retirement. What Now?

No wonder he thinks people want him dead.

It's just smoke mate...........I have lived long enuff in the region to understand all this bull.

It won't happen. Why would a Thai government kill its influx of investment and tourist money overnight????

It's a power struggle going on and they are trying to implement changes that eventually will not happen.

Thaksin is sitting in London and they're trying to muck around while he's away.....

Won't happen!

Just wait and see.....

:o

After just spending so much money on a house just to be thrown out of the country is nothing short of disgraceful to thailand. The message is clear.

Nevermind! Thai houses -- cars, too -- are notorious for retaining high resale values. Simply sell it and move on.

That's what they want. house around here are selling for 20% less or thereabouts relative to a few months ago.

It's all a plan to know down property values for the T cronies to spend the money they have mounted and get the most bang for the buck they can. Screw everybody else as far as they are concerned. Sad but True.

It's just smoke mate...........I have lived long enuff in the region to understand all this bull.

It won't happen. Why would a Thai government kill its influx of investment and tourist money overnight????

It's a power struggle going on and they are trying to implement changes that eventually will not happen.

Thaksin is sitting in London and they're trying to muck around while he's away.....

Won't happen!

Just wait and see.....

:D:D Hope you are right i am all set for early retirement next August and my plans are to come to thailand set up home with my thai wife till the wooden overcoat comes in about 30 years :D

Won't happen!

Just wait and see.....

:D:D Hope you are right i am all set for early retirement next August and my plans are to come to thailand set up home with my thai wife till the wooden overcoat comes in about 30 years :D

Just another storm in a tea cup…. It doesn’t affect anyone that takes the time and trouble to buy a visa. :D Enjoy your retirement here...

Good luck,

geoffphuket

I wouldn't say this is all smoke and it's not going to happen......

But I would not worry about it too much, just get the proper Visa, and all will be fine, at the end of the day Thailand are just bringing the Visa issues etc, into line a little more with the rest of the developed world, don't panic, all will be fine.

Sol

That's what they want. house around here are selling for 20% less or thereabouts relative to a few months ago.

It's all a plan to know down property values for the T cronies to spend the money they have mounted and get the most bang for the buck they can. Screw everybody else as far as they are concerned. Sad but True.

20% less!? What area are you in, mate? Are you sure it's Thailand?

After just spending so much money on a house just to be thrown out of the country is nothing short of disgraceful to thailand.
Are you putting your house up for sale? Where is it? Can you post pictures? How much did it cost you? How much do you want for it?

Perhaps the forum “Free classifieds - For sale/for rent/wanted” would be the right place for you to advertise it. Your ad would get lost in this thread.

---------------

Maestro

Won't happen!

Just wait and see.....

:D

Lets think conspiracy here... Who is to say this is not Thaksin (who has a pile of cash to invest) trashing the Thai economy only to come in and buy everything up at firesale prices :o

Edited by sfokevin

[

Lets think conspiracy here... Who is to say this is not Thaksin (who has a pile of cash to invest) trashing the Thai economy only to come in and buy everything up at firesale prices :o

Exactly what is happening. The phuket gazette had an article about taksins family looking to buy as much as possible there and elsewhere with all the new cash from shin deal. 40 billion buys a lot more if you crash the economy first.

The chinese think longterm so in a few years will make an absolute huge profit when they reverse the guidelines again.

Just watch.