Whey protein in Thailand

n210mp

optimum nutrition make a very good whey protein powder btw

its available from phuket health store website

around 4000 4500 now for a big sack (10lbs) which will last you for ages at one or two scoops a day and free delivery

https://www.phukethealthshop.com/#!/10lb-4-53kilo-Optimum-Nutrition-Gold-Standard-Whey-Protein/p/1461075/category=427023

That is exactly the one I use....I like it...

I ordered just 2 sets of the below (20 lb) for 7219 Baht from fitwhey, and as extra I got 2 mixers, 2 pair of fitness gloves and another 5000 points for which I can get a 500 Baht discount coupon or get other items for free with my next order. 26 gram of protein per 34 gram scoop and 0.5gr sugars per scoop

Offer is valid till 00.00 today take a look

Promocode is : promotion5off

http://fitwhey.com/promotion/DOUBLE-VX-100-WHEY/#parentHorizontalTab2

hopefully it tastes good or you have used it before

20 lbs is a shitload to go through if you dont like it lol

but that price is a bargain if their protein is as good as the optimium nutrition gold standard

9 kilos of protein powder would probably last me a year because i only drink it a couple of times a week

and the gold standard is easy to mix with water or milk and nnot sickly sweet like some of the others out there

Tastes good, mixes with a few shakes, I always use water and a shaker and from what I can read it has the lowest sugar content from all whey proteins available.

Expiry date is 2 years from date

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am out of Thailand at the moment - but want to let you know that I get whey protein here - with zero cholesterol and zero sugar - for $25 CAD (about 800 Baht) per kilo when you buy it in bulk.

I tell you this because I want to find good products like this in Thailand when I come back there soon - else I'll be bringing a suitcase full!

All the best in your searchwai2.gif

I will follow

That is exactly the one I use....I like it...

I ordered just 2 sets of the below (20 lb) for 7219 Baht from fitwhey, and as extra I got 2 mixers, 2 pair of fitness gloves and another 5000 points for which I can get a 500 Baht discount coupon or get other items for free with my next order. 26 gram of protein per 34 gram scoop and 0.5gr sugars per scoop

Offer is valid till 00.00 today take a look

Promocode is : promotion5off

http://fitwhey.com/promotion/DOUBLE-VX-100-WHEY/#parentHorizontalTab2

hopefully it tastes good or you have used it before

20 lbs is a shitload to go through if you dont like it lol

but that price is a bargain if their protein is as good as the optimium nutrition gold standard

9 kilos of protein powder would probably last me a year because i only drink it a couple of times a week

and the gold standard is easy to mix with water or milk and nnot sickly sweet like some of the others out there

Tastes good, mixes with a few shakes, I always use water and a shaker and from what I can read it has the lowest sugar content from all whey proteins available.

If you keep it cool and dry it will last much longer. I had once some that was 8 years over expiry date and open. Still perfect....

If you keep it cool and dry it will last much longer. I had once some that was 8 years over expiry date and open. Still perfect....

How do you know it was still perfect?

With the age the protein contents degrade, which you can't see or taste. It's not because the powder still looked good that it still contained much protein.

With the age the protein contents degrade, which you can't see or taste. It's not because the powder still looked good that it still contained much protein.

i would be able to tell if its still ok after a couple of days of hard training

my muscles would hurt so much if there was no actual protein in the protein :D

i prefer real foods like chicken ,steak or pork eggs etc but its handy to have a bag of protein for those times you need it and theres no food around

protein if decompose would smell and taste very strong.

i would be able to tell if its still ok after a couple of days of hard training

my muscles would hurt so much if there was no actual protein in the protein biggrin.png

i prefer real foods like chicken ,steak or pork eggs etc but its handy to have a bag of protein for those times you need it and theres no food around

Same. Also I am very efficient + beside the weight training I sit in the office (unless I have holidays) so I would need to eat mostly lean meat, non fat yoghurt to get both enough protein and low enough kcal. And would need to eat that when I am not hungry at all.

So a good protein shake after the training, or added protein to the oat based musli (which I eat maybe twice a week) takes away the worry of either not enough protein or too much food.

Cheese manufacturers hit the honey pot ,when they realized that Whey a by product from production, not only was a cheap feed for PIGS ...that they could sell it to be used as human protein supplements .....now you figure it out, if real food that you chose to cook and eat is a better source of protein ( if you indeed need extra protein anyway) than cheap PIG feed .... read the labels on your overpriced processed whey ...ask yourself what are all these undecipherable additions to my beautiful whey ? H90 if your eating this crap after 8 years then that is an indicator that the chemicals added to these products is working .... its a scam ..believe it or not ..... go natural it may not be the cheapest but it is the safest ....

Cheese manufacturers hit the honey pot ,when they realized that Whey a by product from production, not only was a cheap feed for PIGS ...that they could sell it to be used as human protein supplements .....now you figure it out, if real food that you chose to cook and eat is a better source of protein ( if you indeed need extra protein anyway) than cheap PIG feed .... read the labels on your overpriced processed whey ...ask yourself what are all these undecipherable additions to my beautiful whey ? H90 if your eating this crap after 8 years then that is an indicator that the chemicals added to these products is working .... its a scam ..believe it or not ..... go natural it may not be the cheapest but it is the safest ....

I recall 20 years ago, whey protein was told to be very low quality protein, waste of cheese production (as you tell) and cheap pig feed. (I don't care if I eat the same as pigs, pigs are very similar to humans). But you are right it is an amazing marketing they did in these 20 years. I was surprised to see the whey as "best protein".

The old times they used blends of different proteins, egg, wheat, some milk proteins, etc etc and market them as superior.

But I still believe it is an easy way to get an extra 20-30 gram protein.

It reads:

Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Peptides)

Cocoa

Lecithin

Natural and Artificial Flavors

Acesulfame Potassium

Aminogen

Lactase

Not that bad, but not good as well. Maybe I could mix whey powder with Cocoa and Stavia myself and have a better product for less money.....

"Acesulfame Potassium" This ingredient alone would stop me from buying it, it is an artificial sweetener, with long term side effects..

Not sure if Optimum still have the natural range of powders without the artificial sweetener but that would be a much better option..

You can get pure whey that is not made from the leftovers of the cheese making process, its more pure and generally treated with low heat, it is more expensive but much better for you..

Overpriced Whey protein, and that from a guy who promotes 2850 Baht a kg incomplete PROCESSED pea protein laugh.png

I just had a 35 gram whey protein shake, and I assume I may have ingested 0.4gr of chemicals that are widely used in hundreds of other food products. You think I should start making arrangements for my funeral right away, as i intend to take another shake this evening and two every day thereafter.

You will know that whey protein is widely used in a lot of food products, since I at one time purchased it in 25 kg bags from CP food head office, as they used it in their food products,

"Acesulfame Potassium" This ingredient alone would stop me from buying it, it is an artificial sweetener, with long term side effects..

Not sure if Optimum still have the natural range of powders without the artificial sweetener but that would be a much better option..

You can get pure whey that is not made from the leftovers of the cheese making process, its more pure and generally treated with low heat, it is more expensive but much better for you..

I look forward to your info, how Whey protein is made from something else than cheese left overs.

Anthony , CP is the one of the biggest pork producers in the country, go ahead buy the 25kg bags the pigs love it too , along with the chickens and fish CP grow .... overpriced crap that the marketing companies use to suck people in ..... just like you ...

Theres a lot of rubbish being posted, since when was whey protein "bad for you"

I'd take it over an incomplete pea protein anyday

Even not counting supplements, if I exercised work with heavy weights for a day and went home and ate a plate of peas I would be too sore to move the next day

Not that peas are bad for you or anything but they don't compare to the quantity or quality of protein you would get out of a beast of chicken or a couple of scoops of whey in a pint of milk etc

If whey really was dangerous and had side effects then millions of people around the world would have these side effects. But guess what, there are none. Well, besides the obvious issue with dumb people that can't eat things as their body don't tolerate it and still eat them.

Countless studies show that whey protein is one of the best sources of protein for a human to digest, especially after weight training. I'll stick with that science over the "OMFG you're going to dieeee maaaaan!!!?=#¤"#".

This link explains the difference between Native Whey and normal whey, I personally prefer Native Whey as it's much more absorbable and nutritious

http://rawfusion.com.au/blog/why-choose-native-whey-protein-isolate-over-protein-concentrate/

I didn't even read that text as it's a web site selling their own products and most likely saying "our stuff is the best stuff". Maybe link to some study at something like http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/?

i would also be very upset paying so much money for pig food , why not use plant proteins likeHemp ( the only complete plant protein) or Pea ? because it does not come in tubs with big muscle men on it? does not mean that it does not deliver the required protein to the body ....here is the whey business model ...find a cheap waste by product , pay next to nothing for it ,does not require FDA scrutiny , process it and add whatever you need to make it last a longtime and taste sweet , package it in cool looking containers with paid models on the front , promote the hell out of it in magazines , fund your own research and write stories on how good it is , sell it at a massive profit .....

i would also be very upset paying so much money for pig food , why not use plant proteins likeHemp ( the only complete plant protein) or Pea ? because it does not come in tubs with big muscle men on it? does not mean that it does not deliver the required protein to the body ....here is the whey business model ...find a cheap waste by product , pay next to nothing for it ,does not require FDA scrutiny , process it and add whatever you need to make it last a longtime and taste sweet , package it in cool looking containers with paid models on the front , promote the hell out of it in magazines , fund your own research and write stories on how good it is , sell it at a massive profit .....

Every food you eat is also pig food. Pigs can eat exactly the same things humans can eat. They love to eat leftovers from human dishes. They love cake and chocolate. They are often feed bananas here in Thailand. So Bananas are pig food.

Of course pigs love alcohol drinks as well tongue.png

If whey really was dangerous and had side effects then millions of people around the world would have these side effects. But guess what, there are none. Well, besides the obvious issue with dumb people that can't eat things as their body don't tolerate it and still eat them.

Countless studies show that whey protein is one of the best sources of protein for a human to digest, especially after weight training. I'll stick with that science over the "OMFG you're going to dieeee maaaaan!!!?=#¤"#".

Not side only side effects, there are enough people who eat 300 gram of extra whey protein. If my 20-30 gram have side effects the 300 gram would kill you. But it does not. Or at least not before they get 95 years old tongue.png

Even Mr. Gifted Liver Schwarzenegger is still alive. (Not the brightest, but according to confirmed reports he wasn't smart as kid as well).

I personally use pea protein and for years prior used brown rice protein and in the past have used Whey as well, but the only way Im using Whey these days is if it is free from artificial flavours and colours and is raw undenatured, the crap they sell in tubs marketed at bodybuilders is rubbish, if your care about your health its better to use a cleaner protein source.. I also have a problem with protein saturation, its BS your body doesn't need massive amounts of protein, all you are doing is putting excessive strain on the kidneys..

You need as much as you need, a 120kg powerlifter needs more than a 60kg man who watched TV all day

Your bodyweight and activities decide how much you will burn / maintain etc

The more active and more muscular you are the more you need

Watch a pro eating like Ronnie coleman or Marcus ruhl and you will get the idea

I personally use pea protein and for years prior used brown rice protein and in the past have used Whey as well, but the only way Im using Whey these days is if it is free from artificial flavours and colours and is raw undenatured, the crap they sell in tubs marketed at bodybuilders is rubbish, if your care about your health its better to use a cleaner protein source.. I also have a problem with protein saturation, its BS your body doesn't need massive amounts of protein, all you are doing is putting excessive strain on the kidneys..

I eat around 120-150 grams of protein each day and about 25-30 gram of those are from whey. I'm quite sure that i would sooner die or get serious helth issues from a lightning strike at the same time i won lottery before anything would happen with my body because i drink 1 or 2 shakes of whey each day.

What is "excessive amount of protein"? According to the "swedish health department" about 0.8 gram of protein for each kilogram of body weight "is enough". Sure, it's "enough" for all the "dad bod" people but not enough for anyone that strength trains and actually want to get som muscles from the hard work at the gym.

You need as much as you need, a 120kg powerlifter needs more than a 60kg man who watched TV all day

Your bodyweight and activities decide how much you will burn / maintain etc

The more active and more muscular you are the more you need

Watch a pro eating like Ronnie coleman or Marcus ruhl and you will get the idea

Over the thumb with wide margin of variation between humans:

Do nothing: 0.8 gram/kg bodyweight

Heavy weight training 2 gram/kg bodyweight

Heavy training with steroids 3 gram/kg bodyweight

Of course another wide margin of error is that the 100 kg lazy guy has 30 kg more fat (that needs almost no protein) than the 100 kg trained bodybuilder.

If you are on a no carb diet the body uses protein to produce sugar so some of your protein is used as carbohydrate and is available for muscle repair.

So these values are just very rough estimations.

If you get 1gram per pound of bodyweight you can build mass no problems, if you take in excess and your body doesn't utilise it, its just extra calories..

I have seen vegan strength athletes outlift meat eater's on their huge protein saturation diets, you don't need to take in too much to get strong..

Archived