Thaksin's Daughter Gets Burger Job

george

re: why thaksin don't want his daughter sellin' thai street food rather than big macs...because he don't want to associated with his own foul cuisine...gotta give him credit on that one. Also a minimum 12 hour shift selling khao man gai and kweiteo at the bus station yields the employee 100 baht (tax free)...

thank God for cultural imperialism and Royale with Cheese...

why did he turn up at mac's

what is he / they trying to show

did mac pay for advert

by exposing his kid like that

he risk his kid becoming a target

he is not stupid right ?

so what is the under table deal

or the politcal advantage

anyway

who cares...

Still, Toxin will get news on his poverty war from the front line. What, with all those hobos nursing coffees in the window seats for hours on end. Oh no, hang on. Those are backpackers!

Interesting note that the Shineywatered one has stumped up several squillion baht to support an upcoming media art exhibition his laddy is participating in in CM. Real world. My arse

BC says "This after studying years in the States and even getting a PHD there, do they teach in Thai at Sam Houston State University?

NO BLUECAT, they don't,they teach in TEXAN and you can't hardly understand that either.

I can't blame him for his daughter flippin burgers in Mickey Dee,even as bad as that shit is,,It is still better than having to eat Thai Fine Cuisine, So maybe he is just giving a clue to the general public to try it,you might like it.

But you can bet the farm that she quit as soon as the press left,just a kinda show job,it did say part time.

If he did really go to school in TEXAS then he knows what BEEF should taste like,A Thai sure as ###### don't know. :o

Why Mc D's and not KFC ? after all it's safe to eat chicken right ? :o

Because he already did his bit of deep tonguing KFC, post bird flu crisis when he dropped round for a chicken bugger n'chips (rather than the local kao man gai joint), so now it's time (again!) to get cosy with another icon of Thai culture and cuisine- McD's- just to show he's still v. much into supporting Thai businesses, and that's the way he'd like his offspring to go too. Now, was that leader of the "Thai Rak Thai" or "Thai Fak Thai" party somebody mentioned? :D He gets my vote as "Thai patriot of the Year". :D

ok ,so i cant use a computer , but anyone who chooses to eat overpriced nutritonless food is a an idiot ,and if you live in thailand the question has to be asked , WHY DONT YOU ###### OFF TO THE LAND OF GEORGE W !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone who chooses to eat overpriced  nutritonless food is a an idiot

That may be the case Possom... But why would that choice then require the person - should he/she live in Thailand - to " ###### OFF TO THE LAND OF GEORGE W"?

Don't eat a lot of the <deleted> myself, but if it were to become immigration policy I'd prefer to return to England :o

Excuse me for my 2 cents worth, but the old man seems to have hijacked the daughter's thread.

Anyone find a link of the publicity shots of the big event when she sold Dad some greasy grub? I'd like to see if she fits the image of the teen-angst fast-food servant!!

You're all right about the target factor, having the top job in the country surely doesnt safeguard your popularity with certain minority groups, but I would guess there's some unseen heavy protection going on to look after the poor dear....

McDonalds indeed......

Sure, Thai food is wonderful -- but I wouldn't want to eat ANY one country's cuisine day in and day out. Even living in Thailand, I do find I crave American junk food about once a month (I prefer Burger King to McDonald's, though).

What's the betting DL's "normal kid on the street" daughter doesn't do more than a week's hard labour at Mc D's. If she does, I'll eat my staw hat and she'll have a severe case of zits to show for it. Still, no point fretting too much, she'll be able to afford a good facial makeover on those genereous wages, eh? :o