Mystery of British man's death in Thailand hotel

webfact

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many farang deaths in Thailand! I would like to see the figures concerning deaths in the rest of ASEAN?

Here is an article and Thailand doesn't make the top 10 (Israel and Russia does). http://www.telegraphtoday.com/top-10-most-dangerous-countries-to-visit/

Take it this way if Thailand wants to equal the US murder rate of +- 4,5 per 100 000 people, then there must be 1170 tourists murdered in Thailand each year (26 mil / 100 000 x 4,5 = 1170). Thats 3,2 tourists per day on average, in my view the figure doesnt get close to that. Which means you are less likely to be murdered in Thailand as a tourist than living in the US as a citizen.

Apples and oranges. You are comparing the murder rate of tourists in Thailand against the total of murders for all classes in the US. A quick google search shows the murder rate in the US at 4.7 per 100,000 and Thailand at 5.0 per 100,000. Wikipedia. I would suggest that it is very difficult to extrapolate numbers for only murders of tourists. Don't even gather those numbers in Thailand as the disclosure would 'damage the reputation of the nation' and most tourists to the US don't hang out in the black neighborhoods of Baltimore and Chicago et al where the blacks kill each other at an alarming rate thus driving up the number of murders per 100,000 population. I would also suggest that tourists in Thailand have a much greater chance of dying in a traffic 'accident' than being murdered. Accident is in quotes as I believe most accidents here are caused by stupidity, arrogance and incompetence.

People die everyday, in every country all over the world, some young, some old... I am sick and tired of these wild laptop Sherlock speculations whenever a dead tourist is found in a hotel room in Thailand. If this were Spain, Hawaii, Maldives, Costa Rica, whatever - no one would give a toss, let alone going into wild assumptions, crying "murder" all the time. The fact that a very high percentage of TV members must be delusional became crystal clear to me when I saw that a majority voted that things in Thailand improved with the new "government"... those people must be living abroad, but certainly not live and work here in LOS... same most likely goes for all those amateur forum detectives who - obviously - have too much time on their hands...

People die everyday, in every country all over the world, some young, some old... I am sick and tired of these wild laptop Sherlock speculations whenever a dead tourist is found in a hotel room in Thailand. If this were Spain, Hawaii, Maldives, Costa Rica, whatever - no one would give a toss, let alone going into wild assumptions, crying "murder" all the time. The fact that a very high percentage of TV members must be delusional became crystal clear to me when I saw that a majority voted that things in Thailand improved with the new "government"... those people must be living abroad, but certainly not live and work here in LOS... same most likely goes for all those amateur forum detectives who - obviously - have too much time on their hands...

But where would this Forum be without the Thai bashers?! It's like a sport for some of them.

But where would this Forum be without the Thai bashers?! It's like a sport for some of them.

but where would this forum be without Thai apologists like you. Even one negative word about the appalling death toll on Thai roads is Thai bashing.

but where would this forum be without Thai apologists like you. Even one negative word about the appalling death toll on Thai roads is Thai bashing.

As someone who drives between Bangkok and Pattaya most weeks, I'm not someone who would apologise for the appalling standards of driving in Thailand!

I didn't 'vote' for anything. But are you suggesting that things were wonderful under PT; that all was peachy during the weeks of protest and that the Yinluck Shinawatra government would have resolved the situation? If so, you must be delusional.

Too many farang deaths in Thailand! I would like to see the figures concerning deaths in the rest of ASEAN?

Here is an article and Thailand doesn't make the top 10 (Israel and Russia does). http://www.telegraphtoday.com/top-10-most-dangerous-countries-to-visit/

Take it this way if Thailand wants to equal the US murder rate of +- 4,5 per 100 000 people, then there must be 1170 tourists murdered in Thailand each year (26 mil / 100 000 x 4,5 = 1170). Thats 3,2 tourists per day on average, in my view the figure doesnt get close to that. Which means you are less likely to be murdered in Thailand as a tourist than living in the US as a citizen.

You are comparing the murder rate ot tourists in Thailand against ALL the murders in the USA. Pathetic.Go and collect the Thai apologist of the year award. To those that clicked on the "I like" on "SOUTHERNSTAR"s reply, then you can also have a apologist prize.

That as it may be the fact is this sort of idle, speculative, peanut gallery oriented gossip peddling can, and does, have impact on the people affected by this situations.

As an example the death of, what was her name something Annesley? A few months ago. The usual rabble jumped in with the pre-packed innuendo about murder, cover-ups and whatnot, causing (this is the point) undue emotional stress to the deceased's family that, on top of dealing with an unexpected death, were led to believe there had been foul play involved.

Of course once it was establish that was not the case did any of those people reflect on what harm they may had done and learn anything from it? Not bleeping likely.

If you guy has a wife and child in England, why was he in Thailand?

Ha I had to laugh < there are many men in Thailand,with wife's left in England, Some with Thai wife's left in the UK while they go and see the sites of Thailand , Not. work it out

A 29 year olds (with no known illnesses) death is always suspicious until after the autopsy. IMHO

Toxic Suicide.

Remember the Kiwis and Canadians, I think it was 4 or five in total that died in the Chiang Mai Hotel, autopsies did nothing, 60 minutes undercover reporters went to the hotel and took samples, deadly toxic spray residue discovered in air unit and mattress..

Spray used by idiots and cheap Charlie owner to kill bed bugs.

Owner still walks free.

Verdict from Thai authorities - possible food poisoning.

Thai authorities took no notice of NZ professional forensic test results.

Investigation by NZ police. Feeble.

Same as British police effort in the Burmese 2 case.

This may be a death by natural causes, however I doubt that if it wasn't a forensic investigation and autopsy could not be relied upon.

I think it is time that governments (sorry relatives as governments are twisted globally) demand that there Embassy's can send their professional staff to be allowed to do their own testing in these cases.

I'm afraid that until the families get wise and Challenge the Thai authorities there will be more of the same.

There was a case in Pattaya a few years back where a Kiwi was shot dead on a bike at the lights .

It was not until the parents went to Thailand and demanded action that the GF was arrested for plotting the murder with her Thai boyfriend.

Until then she walked free and still would be free today.

Edited by kiwikeith

RIP. But relatives gathering at a pub back home?

I hear what you are saying, but this is a British thing....., everything seems to revolve around the Pub.....

Grieving family and friends yesterday gathered at the Prince of Wales pub in Springfield, where his mum Irene lives

A 29 year olds (with no known illnesses) death is always suspicious until after the autopsy. IMHO

A few days ago, I watched a documentary on British drinking culture. i was shocked by just how bad it's become. Men and women as young as 20-25 simply go to bed after a night on the lash and die. I suspect this young guy was having a BIG party with his mates in Bangkok. No one ever thinks 'this may see me off', same with smokers. I'm English BTW, so no Brit bashing here.

My relative died a few years ago similar circumstances in Thailand. Sudden cardiac arrest, body found next morning, not sure if any drugs analysis was run or not. I am very suspicious that he was drugged and the dose they used was too high. But nobody Knows, all I know is watch your back over there and stick with your buddies.

Isn't it a strange coincidence, how many younger people die over there, supposedly from suicide or unknown medical reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by taipeir

But in US there is an 80% chance of killer being arrested within 48 hours, Where as there is 100% chance of police botching the job in Thailand in 2 minutes and framing a Burmese in 2 days.

Put that Chang down, and go out there and get the evidence...

Tributes paid to Thai death dad

MANCHESTER: -- TRIBUTES have been paid to a young Wigan father after his shock death in Thailand.

Peter Nicholson arrived in Bangkok for a break with several mates at the weekend but tragedy struck just hours later.

This is a terrible shock to us. Peter was a lovely guy who had everything to live for
It is believed that the friends raised the alarm with staff at the hotel at which they were staying when they failed to get a response to knocks on his room door.

Using a master key to get in, the employees found the Beech Hill 29-year-old collapsed and medics were unable to revive him.

Although details from the authorities are very sketchy at this stage it is not thought that there are any suspicious circumstances surrounding Mr Nicholson’s death.

On Monday shocked family and friends gathered at the Prince of Wales pub on Woodhouse Lane to toast his memory and also discuss repatriation matters.

However, when approached they said they were too shocked and distressed to pay tribute publicly at the moment.

Full story: http://www.wigantoday.net/news/local/tributes-paid-to-thai-death-dad-1-7290893

-- Wigan Today 2015-06-04