The Death Of Chang Beer.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All Thai beer tastes like cat's piss in my humble opinion. I find myself wasting tons of cash on imported stuff.

Carlsberg is acceptable....not an outstanding beer, but it doesn't has the "dirt-taste" or at least in compare to the other Thai beers it is so little that I don't notice it anymore.

But it is also the most expensive of the Thailand made beers.

I love the title of the post...as if Chang beer was ever a "good" beer, lol. It sucks now, it sucked then, it will always suck. Chang tastes roughly the equivalent of the puddle on the ground you see dripping from the dumpster in the back of the KFC.

Cheers Xtra is good stuff and cheap. Alcoholics love it.

Red Horse is really nasty but it's great if you're on a budget. I have drank it and could barely finish a single bottle.bah.gif

I love Cheers red. It's cheap and get's me drunk. I love it. I must be an alcoholic I guess...

Death serum i call it,all Thai beer is <deleted>,packed to the gunwales with all sort of awful preservatives,crap,all of it.

What's your source for this particular nugget of info?

Come on soi,it is well known,look i could drink 12- 375 ml stubbies of cascade beer in Aussie,and wake up fresh as a daisy,i drink 4to 6 bottles of Singha here ,i wake up feeling &lt;deleted&gt;,why,preservatives,and before you start i know we were talking about chang,but it does not matter,the cascade has no presevatives,Thai beer does,have you understood what i am saying?

another thread about crappy Thai beers and the cheap Charlie's who love them. Lmao

More expensive doesn't necessarily make a beer better.

It's about taste for me, and if what may be termed a cheap beer suits my taste, I'll drink it.

I wouldn't buy a beer solely because it's cheap though, and evidence of that is I tried Leo once, but never again. I'm sure it suits some drinkers' palates though.

I know a woman in Australia who lives in a multi million $$ home drives a Mercedes SLK Kompressor, her old man makes millions a year, and she drinks Ben Ean Moselle because she likes sickly sweet wine.

Edited by F4UCorsair

Death serum i call it,all Thai beer is <deleted>,packed to the gunwales with all sort of awful preservatives,crap,all of it.

What's your source for this particular nugget of info?

Come on soi,it is well known,look i could drink 12- 375 ml stubbies of cascade beer in Aussie,and wake up fresh as a daisy,i drink 4to 6 bottles of Singha here ,i wake up feeling <deleted>,why,preservatives,and before you start i know we were talking about chang,but it does not matter,the cascade has no presevatives,Thai beer does,have you understood what i am saying?

Since no preservatives are noted on their labels, pray tell how you know there are preservatives in Thai beer? Not saying you're wrong, but how do you actually know?

Try beerlao , dark or blonde. Expensive but superb . 6.5 and 5.0 respectively.

Makes Thai stuff taste awful

Only about 17 baht in Laos,for 330 , here 48 baht and 45 for small. Shame bout crazy tax . MACRO. C,M.

I don't think a boycott by some of the hardened Chang drinkers here is going to affect Thai Beverage's bottom line too much nor worry it's billionaire owner.

Thailand's 50 Richest 2015: Collective Wealth Crosses $100 Billion

This story appears in the June 2015 issue of Forbes Asia.

Amid Thailand’s economic drought, which followed last year’s military coup, Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi’s Thai Beverage, maker of Chang beer, reported double-digit increases in revenues and profits in a recent quarter. Shares of the brewer are up, moving Charoen also up one spot to No. 2, with a net worth of $13 billion.

The spirits tycoon, who must now contend with the junta’s new taxes and selling curbs on alcohol, wants to double ThaiBev’s revenues to $10 billion by 2020, of which half would be from overseas markets.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/naazneenkarmali/2015/06/03/thailands-50-richest-2015-collective-wealth-crosses-100-billion/

Has anyone actually done a blindfold test on whether that 0.2% makes any difference whatsoever?

Still, it always entertains me when people start debating the tastiest Thai beer. It's like a tallest dwarf contest.

I have done the very same test, and you can certainly 100% without a doubt taste the difference between the old 6.4% to the 6%, the 6% to the 5.8% is very dependent on how many beers or cigs I have before trying it.

I can tell the difference side by side at the same time, it just lacks the taste it used to have.

If you try the 6.4% next to the 5.8% it is a totally different beer.

People seem quick to mock Chang, I have been a beer guzzler for more than 35 years, I have drank some of the best German beers and some of the worst English beers, but I would not knock the Classic Chang. Who on earth would rather drink Carlsberg, Heiniken or some of these other beers here amazes me. I have never ever found an international brand beer sold here that tastes remotely like the same beer brewed in its home country.

Ever tried a Chinese can of Guiness or a Chinese can of Tiger? Not even remotely equivalent.

There's no way on this planet you can compare any Thai beer to a decent German or Belgium beer that has pure ingredients.

Read this...

http://foodbabe.com/2013/07/17/the-shocking-ingredients-in-beer/

There's nothing to beat a nice glass of ice cold milk.

Cheers Xtra is good stuff and cheap. Alcoholics love it.

Red Horse is really nasty but it's great if you're on a budget. I have drank it and could barely finish a single bottle.bah.gif

Red Horse is head-banger beer, widely drunk to get drunk in the Philippines. About equivalent to Olde English 800, popular in the ghetto in the US. As as kid, we preferred Colt 45, an equally nasty brew, with a giant (head) kick, after you chug-a-lug a quart bottle. Amazing none of my compadres killed or were killed because of the stuff...

I quite like Bia Singh, though, and even Leo, although I never drink to get drunk. All I care about is cold and refreshing...

I stopped drinking Thai beer yonks ago, and was once told by a beautiful Thai doctor not to drink it due to the preservatives in it, she had done some research. Now I stick to TIGER and have no problems with it except upcountry, in fact most places, restaurants and bars have never heard of it even though many 7-11s, Big-Cs,Lotus and Makro usually have it.

I stopped drinking Thai beer yonks ago, and was once told by a beautiful Thai doctor not to drink it due to the preservatives in it, she had done some research. Now I stick to TIGER and have no problems with it except upcountry, in fact most places, restaurants and bars have never heard of it even though many 7-11s, Big-Cs,Lotus and Makro usually have it.

The Tiger available here is brewed in Thailand.

Has anyone actually done a blindfold test on whether that 0.2% makes any difference whatsoever?

Still, it always entertains me when people start debating the tastiest Thai beer. It's like a tallest dwarf contest.

I have done the very same test, and you can certainly 100% without a doubt taste the difference between the old 6.4% to the 6%, the 6% to the 5.8% is very dependent on how many beers or cigs I have before trying it.

I can tell the difference side by side at the same time, it just lacks the taste it used to have.

People seem quick to mock Chang, I have been a beer guzzler for more than 35 years, I have drank some of the best German beers and some of the worst English beers, but I would not knock the Classic Chang. Who on earth would rather drink Carlsberg, Heiniken or some of these other beers here amazes me. I have never ever found an international brand beer sold here that tastes remotely like the same beer brewed in its home country.

Ever tried a Chinese can of Guiness or a Chinese can of Tiger? Not even remotely equivalent.

Maybe you would care to name some of these worst English beers you speak of. Please respond quickly if you can think of any.

There's no way on this planet you can compare any Thai beer to a decent German or Belgium beer that has pure ingredients.

Read this...

http://foodbabe.com/2013/07/17/the-shocking-ingredients-in-beer/

There's nothing to beat a nice glass of ice cold milk.

Sure if it comes from a cow fed on grass and hasn't been processed beyond recognition to make it last week longer Try finding that here?