Buying a Villa off plan, with or witouth real estate agent?

For due diligence, I recommend spending some time with the architect, going over insulation, plumbing, building materials, faucets, fittings, etc. At least that is what I did when I bought off plan (condo, not house), and that made me much more comfortable with buying something unseen.

I didn’t use an agent and was able to get a discount, but prior to negotiating price, I had done my homework about what it costs to build and what comparable condos were sold at, so I knew what was reasonable to ask for and expect.

I also signed the sales contract without a lawyer. There was only a single paragraph that was hard to understand the implications of, so I had them change it. I also got the payment terms changed, and the warranty period clarified. I doubt a lawyer would have done any of this.

Disclaimer: The unit I bought isn’t yet completed. Should be in a few weeks, but in theory I could still end up with the short end of the stick. Like you though, I am not as worried as some of the other posters here, and if it turns out as I expect, I will be extremely happy with my purchase smile.png

[…] As an example, my GF studied in Europe, is not from Isaan, never touched any bargirl business

And you’re taking her to live with you in Pattaya?

This might just be my own prejudices, but I think she will have trouble fitting in, and surely most Thais would assume that a girl living in Pattaya, as some foreigner’s boyfriend, is a bargirl. Are she OK with that stigma?

[…] As an example, my GF studied in Europe, is not from Isaan, never touched any bargirl business

And you’re taking her to live with you in Pattaya?

This might just be my own prejudices, but I think she will have trouble fitting in, and surely most Thais would assume that a girl living in Pattaya, as some foreigner’s boyfriend, is a bargirl. Are she OK with that stigma?

Valid Input!

We dont want to live in Pattaya, but in Huay Yai. We both dont really like the City of Pattaya itself nor its reputation. The good thing: In 20 Minutes your with the Car in Pattaya for Cinema / Tesco Lotus and BigC and whatever we need.

We also rented one of those tiny little 1BR shoeboxes in Bangkok and will live in Bangkok and Huay Yai. City life and countryside Life.