Checks for over-charging Lottery Ticket vendors begin in Pattaya

webfact

Checks for over-charging Lottery Ticket vendors begin in Pattaya

lottery-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- The Chief of Banglamung District led a team of over 80 officers, including members of the Thai Army and Police on an operation to check around Pattaya and the surrounding area for Lottery Ticket Vendors who were charging more than 80 Baht for tickets.

A recent price cap was introduced for Lottery Ticket vendors who have been known to charge as much as 120 Baht for tickets. Social Media group chats seem to confirm that this over-pricing is still taking place despite warnings that any vendor found overcharging would be sent to Court and could receive a prison sentence of 30 days and/or a fine of 10,000 Baht if convicted.

The date of the crackdown was puzzling to some as traditionally the majority of street lottery vendors do not start selling tickets until 3 days before the next draw, which is 16th June.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/199271/checks-for-over-charging-lottery-ticket-vendors-begin-in-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-06-05

I have started asking lottery sellers 'how much' when they come and disturb me when eating at a restaurant now.

Should I pretend to be calling the police and take pictures if it is more than 80 baht?

(Soon to be maimed falang...........)

I haven't really followed this issue... But if everyone knows the price should be 80 baht why do the Thais pay more?

the price 80 thb is right on the ticket (double ticket 40 baht each)

few months ago in thai TV was some interview with thai people they say they understand the profit for lottery ticket vendors is small so they willing to pay 100, 110 baht...

Sawadee Khun Somchai, we are from the government, which you definitely couldn't have missed since we are in a dressed up parade accompanied by at least 5 camera crews, at what price do you sell your lottery tickets please?

Officer at 80 Baht of course.

Kop khun Krap Khun Somchai, so we can see everything is above board, please just don't feel bothered by us, because we will not be back any time soon and if we do you will see us coming from a mile away.

The date of the crackdown was puzzling to some as traditionally the majority of street lottery vendors do not start selling tickets until 3 days before the next draw, which is 16th June.

I don't engage in lottery ticket buying, but could it be that above statement means that the crackdown happed before tickets were on sale whistling.gif

Soon to be seen:

A crippled woman is selling lottery tickets for 100 baht in the shade of a dilapidated building. An expensive hooker walks by. A policeman on a motorcycle is across the street, counting his bribes after the end of his shift. Out in the harbor, the Captain makes sure his slaves are chained down (a mixed group of unconnected Thais, illegal alien Rohingyas, and some barely human, in the Captain's mind, Laos fugitives). Then the Navy owned ferry arrives to port the Captain's Malay shrimp to the freezing facility.

A soldier walks over and yells at the cripple. "You corrupt little monster. We warned you!"

He raises his billy club, psychically certain the dangerous cripple will be resisting arrest.....

Edited by FangFerang

I haven't really followed this issue... But if everyone knows the price should be 80 baht why do the Thais pay more?

the price 80 thb is right on the ticket (double ticket 40 baht each)

few months ago in thai TV was some interview with thai people they say they understand the profit for lottery ticket vendors is small so they willing to pay 100, 110 baht...

That's a pathetic excuse to try and justify why some Thai person can over charge someone, if Thai people believe that the vendor only makes a little bit of money, then give him a tip, or a small CONTRIBUTION to his or her earnings if it makes you feel better, but ripping people of is not acceptable as an excuse for low earnings