Rick Perry goes at it again, launches 2016 bid

webfact

As an outside observer to all of this, what strikes me the most is why do Americans make such a big thing of Rick Perry being unable to remember something during the last campaign (which was only one incident) and yet they seem to attach no importance to the myriad of incidents where Hillary Clinton cant seem to remember things?blink.png

Projecting competence matters.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Only if you care about image, not facts. And, of course if speed at acknowledging facts is a requirement, well we've seen Clinton in action, and she has failed miserably. Time and again.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perry thinks he can win. His record with the economy in Texas is excellent.

He can tell it to the judge. Neither is the country primarily comprised of an assortment of oil men, tea party types, evangelicals, rodeo riders, citizen jerks carrying rifles around in public also with holstered six-shooters hanging off their waistbelts and all the rest of it.

Perry doesn't have an attorney general any more, he has a general criminal defense attorney. His only record at this point is the one the judge will look at in a court of law.

The Ronald Reagan cosmetic look-alike just remembered the three reasons he's running....ego, ego, alzheimer's. He doesn't know however the sooner he disappears from national view the better it would be for him.

The guy is a jerk joke.

Is Dan Quayle still around? He'd have a better chance than Perry.

As to why he is running again, I reckon that Perry truly thinks he is some sort of Reagan Reanimated and that he will show the buffoons who treat him as, well, the buffoon that he is. Of course, buffoonery is relative and he isn't a buffoon in Texas.

As an outside observer to all of this, what strikes me the most is why do Americans make such a big thing of Rick Perry being unable to remember something during the last campaign (which was only one incident) and yet they seem to attach no importance to the myriad of incidents where Hillary Clinton can’t seem to remember things?blink.png

If she so competent why does she keep escaping from the media or refusing to give interviews since the day she announced her candidacy?

Because she's leading. Duh.

As an outside observer to all of this, what strikes me the most is why do Americans make such a big thing of Rick Perry being unable to remember something during the last campaign (which was only one incident) and yet they seem to attach no importance to the myriad of incidents where Hillary Clinton can’t seem to remember things?blink.png

If she so competent why does she keep escaping from the media or refusing to give interviews since the day she announced her candidacy?

Because she's leading. Duh.

which again is astonishing considering all the scandals involving her ?

Not at all.

Amazing depth of experience.

No serious democratic competition.

The general will be close unless the republicans do something really mad ... always possible.

No logical reason for her to get to deep into this until later ... unless a democratic challenger emerges (unlikely).

I guess a small x factor is Michael Bloomberg but I'm not sure how that would work (if he wants it).

Rick Perry was Governor of Texas. That's about it.

Are any of the the other candidates under indictment?

Perry profited from a Texas economy, the oil industry. He put up the numbers but that oil economy is slowing down now, so are the numbers.

Texas is the #1 - State with the most uninsured residents. Texas left more medicaid money on the table than any other state. Perry refused to buckle under to the Obamacare boot heal and take free money, on principle. Then, Perry's embarrassing war against the Environmental Protection Agency, where he lost every time. Sending of the Texas National Guard to the Mexican border, as a publicity stunt was icing on the "Perry Is A Joke" cake.

Why is Perry running? Is running for President on the republican ticket, that good a gig?

I see the libs are out in full force working to destroy any candidate against the second coming of the "Chosen One".

Check out Travis County District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg on YouTube to see why Governor Perry said unless she resigned he was going to stop funding her department.

Here is one long video that shows the entire arrest episode:

This video shows her in court after pleading guilty to DWI being handcuffed as she is led off to begin her 45 day sentence in County jail.

DA Lehmberg is a registered and elected Democratic Party member. She's a joke and so is the case against Perry.

Not at all.

Amazing depth of experience.

No serious democratic competition.

The general will be close unless the republicans do something really mad ... always possible.

No logical reason for her to get to deep into this until later ... unless a democratic challenger emerges (unlikely).

I guess a small x factor is Michael Bloomberg but I'm not sure how that would work (if he wants it).

An amazing depth of experience coupled with an amazing lack of accomplishments doesn't mean much.

Edit in: Talking about Perry's lapse of memory, does anybody wonder why it took six years for Hillary to remember where she had put the Rose Law Firm's billing records?

Edited by chuckd

I see the libs are out in full force working to destroy any candidate against the second coming of the "Chosen One".

Check out Travis County District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg on YouTube to see why Governor Perry said unless she resigned he was going to stop funding her department.

<snip>

This video shows her in court after pleading guilty to DWI being handcuffed as she is led off to begin her 45 day sentence in County jail.

<snip>

DA Lehmberg is a registered and elected Democratic Party member. She's a joke and so is the case against Perry.

Nice try Chuck but it isn't really the whole picture, is it?

AUSTIN — Rick Perry was outraged at the spectacle of Travis County District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg’s drunken-driving arrest last year. But he didn’t feel that strongly when two other district attorneys faced the same charges under similar circumstances.

In those cases, he said and did nothing.

There were differences, chiefly that Perry had leverage over Lehmberg, whose office contains the state-funded Public Integrity Unit. As the governor builds his defense against felony coercion and abuse of power charges partly around concerns about Lehmberg’s behavior, Democrats are pointing to the two previous cases as a sign that the governor had other motives.

“The key difference was that one of the DAs was investigating his administration for corruption and the other two DAs weren’t,” said Democratic strategist Jason Stanford.

“The bottom line is that Rick Perry saw Lehmberg’s drunk-driving charge as an opportunity to get rid of her and her active investigation into the cancer research fund scandal,” said Ed Espinoza, director of Progress Texas, a Democratic group. “Rick Perry chose to use the powers of his office to act as judge and jury.”

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/state/headlines/20140819-travis-das-drunken-driving-arrest-riled-perry-others-didnt.ece

Edited by Chicog

A fair number of people that no one thought could win, ended up as president, including Obama. Rick Perry has great record governing a huge state. I don't think he will win, but I'm no soothsayer.

Nice fella. Undefeated on executions @ (234-0), tough on crime and in particular homosexuality and tops that nation on providing underserved minorities and mentally retarded individuals with access to quality executions.

I too am no soothsayer and fully agree that his chances are very slim. Too left wing for most Republican voters I think. I say voters when in actual fact it is all down to the Koch brothers who will win the nomination. The problem with Perry is that he does have the occasional neuron trading energy with another one and the is a definite no no. The Koch brothers and therefore the voters via Fox news are looking for someone totally devoid of any ethics and moral standard or framework. Anything less than a complete sociopath such as Cruz, Rubio and Walker if he announces just doesn't really stand a look in.

A fair number of people that no one thought could win, ended up as president, including Obama. Rick Perry has great record governing a huge state. I don't think he will win, but I'm no soothsayer.

Nice fella. Undefeated on executions @ (234-0), tough on crime and in particular homosexuality and tops that nation on providing underserved minorities and mentally retarded individuals with access to quality executions.

I too am no soothsayer and fully agree that his chances are very slim. Too left wing for most Republican voters I think. I say voters when in actual fact it is all down to the Koch brothers who will win the nomination. The problem with Perry is that he does have the occasional neuron trading energy with another one and the is a definite no no. The Koch brothers and therefore the voters via Fox news are looking for someone totally devoid of any ethics and moral standard or framework. Anything less than a complete sociopath such as Cruz, Rubio and Walker if he announces just doesn't really stand a look in.

Yes, Cruz is a nice chap taking the piss out of Biden when he's just lost his son and is preparing for the funeral.

What a prize a---hole.

Yes, Cruz is a nice chap taking the piss out of Biden when he's just lost his son and is preparing for the funeral.

What a prize a---hole.

Sociopath. In the Western world only in the US could someone make such remarks and still have a political career.

<snip>

<snip>

AUSTIN — Rick Perry was outraged at the spectacle of Travis County District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg’s drunken-driving arrest last year. But he didn’t feel that strongly when two other district attorneys faced the same charges under similar circumstances.

There were differences, chiefly that Perry had leverage over Lehmberg, whose office contains the state-funded Public Integrity Unit. As the governor builds his defense against felony coercion and abuse of power charges partly around concerns about Lehmberg’s behavior, Democrats are pointing to the two previous cases as a sign that the governor had other motives.

“The key difference was that one of the DAs was investigating his administration for corruption and the other two DAs weren’t,” said Democratic strategist Jason Stanford.

“The bottom line is that Rick Perry saw Lehmberg’s drunk-driving charge as an opportunity to get rid of her and her active investigation into the cancer research fund scandal,” said Ed Espinoza, director of Progress Texas, a Democratic group. “Rick Perry chose to use the powers of his office to act as judge and jury.”

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/state/headlines/20140819-travis-das-drunken-driving-arrest-riled-perry-others-didnt.ece

My my my! A couple of Democrats bashing Perry. Who'd a thunk it! You may want to look up Ed Espinoza before you go quoting him. Travis County prosecutors, one of the few liberal bastions in Texas, have put up many meaningless charges against Republicans over the years, and this one has as little weight as the rest.

Rick Perry was Governor of Texas. That's about it.

Are any of the the other candidates under indictment?

Perry profited from a Texas economy, the oil industry. He put up the numbers but that oil economy is slowing down now, so are the numbers.

Texas is the #1 - State with the most uninsured residents. Texas left more medicaid money on the table than any other state. Perry refused to buckle under to the Obamacare boot heal and take free money, on principle. Then, Perry's embarrassing war against the Environmental Protection Agency, where he lost every time. Sending of the Texas National Guard to the Mexican border, as a publicity stunt was icing on the "Perry Is A Joke" cake.

Why is Perry running? Is running for President on the republican ticket, that good a gig?

Yes. Texas is not a place for whiny, government-sucking little boys that can't let go of their mommas', or Obamas' hem. And this 'war' against the EPA? He won. Suck it.

Perry and the other Sluggos in the 2016 Official Republican Party Fleet of Clown Cars and Bubba Buses have already begun the rerun of the 2012 presidential election calamity campaign when the R party engaged in the mutually assured destruction of eight or ten consecutive months of 8 or 10 egomaniacs hollering out their extreme views and personalities on a daily basis for the entire country to see and hear.

So hey, one doesn't have to think much about the fact former governor and current criminal defendant in court Rick Perry et al are doing more for the Democratic party than the whole D party and all of its national resources of each and every kind could possibly do for itself to win the election next year. R's incessantly can't see the forest from the trees.

One highlight of the fun of it is that the Republicans and their Swift Boat mentality and morality howl like wolves at the moon when they themselves get the book thrown at 'em for their shameless political campaigns and candidates, not to mention their right wing sugar daddies in Texas and southern California.

Rick Perry: 'Folks' Complained So State Won't Pay My Legal Tab

MIDLAND, Texas (AP) — Indicted Texas Gov. Rick Perry said Tuesday that he believes taxpayers should have picked up his legal tab but opted to use campaign funds "to keep from having folks grouse about it."

The possible 2016 Republican presidential candidate told reporters in Midland that he had considered it appropriate for state funds to pay his legal fees because a criminal investigation dealt with his official duties as governor.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/26/rick-perry-indictment_n_5717459.html

Perry is showing a notorious leadership in how to try to officially abuse power, authority, taxpayers.

It is a long standing double standard in America. Liberals and Leftists Politicians in America can say any dumb thing or forget everything commit crimes and no one in the Liberal - Leftist news media will say anything - because they are the news media outlet for the Liberal - Left. And the Liberal-Left people of America never question their 'Dear Leaders' as they are Lemmings and Sheep who follow their anointed Leaders around spending all their time in an attempt to DESTROY the ENEMY -- (the other political party) - rather than discuss the issues. Saul Alinsky tactics.

But they are blind to the American uprising that is going on -- it will hit them in the face come November 2016. The Liberal - Left have no idea what a Conservative - Moderate Populist Uprising looks like as they read only the Daily Kos and Media Matters and other Leftist rags to get their talking points from which they never stray.

Ridiculing Rick Perry in an attempt to destroy him is the same tactic they use and will use some more on Ted Cruz, Scott Walker and a half dozen other Republican Candidates ... But the new blood in the Republican Party will not roll over and play dead as Mitt Romney did and not be a scatter brained old man as John McCain is ... Rick Perry, Ted Cruz and Scott Walker have guts and brains ... Liberals and Leftists FEAR them so they lampoon them to try to destroy them. Won't work this time out.

<snip>

<snip>

"Democrats are pointing to the two previous cases as a sign that the governor had other motives."

"said Democratic strategist Jason Stanford."

"...said Ed Espinoza, director of Progress Texas, a Democratic group."

This is one of your weaker posts trying to impress us with your vast knowledge of American politics. Try again.

Edited by chuckd

It is a long standing double standard in America. Liberals and Leftists Politicians in America can say any dumb thing or forget everything commit crimes and no one in the Liberal - Leftist news media will say anything - because they are the news media outlet for the Liberal - Left. And the Liberal-Left people of America never question their 'Dear Leaders' as they are Lemmings and Sheep who follow their anointed Leaders around spending all their time in an attempt to DESTROY the ENEMY -- (the other political party) - rather than discuss the issues. Saul Alinsky tactics.

But they are blind to the American uprising that is going on -- it will hit them in the face come November 2016. The Liberal - Left have no idea what a Conservative - Moderate Populist Uprising looks like as they read only the Daily Kos and Media Matters and other Leftist rags to get their talking points from which they never stray.

Ridiculing Rick Perry in an attempt to destroy him is the same tactic they use and will use some more on Ted Cruz, Scott Walker and a half dozen other Republican Candidates ... But the new blood in the Republican Party will not roll over and play dead as Mitt Romney did and not be a scatter brained old man as John McCain is ... Rick Perry, Ted Cruz and Scott Walker have guts and brains ... Liberals and Leftists FEAR them so they lampoon them to try to destroy them. Won't work this time out.

Fear is the key to Republican victory. Instill fear in the population and be the only answer to protecting the people. It's a tried and true Republican pathway to victory. As a matter of fact, fear is the only path the Republicans have.

The liberals and leftists (leftists?) are shaking in their boots. We fear the new blood in the Republican party.

Wait...Rick Perry, Ted Cruz and Scott Walker are the new blood? Really? That's it? Any of those three will work to turn out an overwhelming defeat.

Republican thinking is delusional. Whoever gets propped up for the Republican nomination will have a far right wing agenda, that the candidate needed to capture the base. That agenda is going to get the candidate crushed in the general election.

Perry, Cruz and Walker, huh?

Fear is the key to Republican victory. Instill fear in the population and be the only answer to protecting the people. It's a tried and true Republican pathway to victory. As a matter of fact, fear is the only path the Republicans have.

The liberals and leftists (leftists?) are shaking in their boots. We fear the new blood in the Republican party.

Wait...Rick Perry, Ted Cruz and Scott Walker are the new blood? Really? That's it? Any of those three will work to turn out an overwhelming defeat.

Republican thinking is delusional. Whoever gets propped up for the Republican nomination will have a far right wing agenda, that the candidate needed to capture the base. That agenda is going to get the candidate crushed in the general election.

As I said the Left has no idea - no concept of the brewing Conservative -- Moderate Populist uprising ... You only know leftist talking points about these men and others like them ... That is all you know. You have no idea the depth and breadth of their appeal and support.. You like so many others are just locked into never discussing the political issues raised by these men - you just pop off and say that they are nobodies...

Wait and see.

Edited by JDGRUEN

The problem for the GOP is that NONE of the contenders has any charisma. Given a leader that could put fire in the campaign, a GOP candidate would leave the Dems in the mud.

I think HRC could be elected simply due to the fact that no GOP candidate makes an independent/ swing voter want to vote for them.

Yes, and greed is the appeal of the Dems. Giving stuff to people too ignorant ( in the true sense of the word ) to get a decent job is how the Dems plan to win the election.

This is one of your weaker posts trying to impress us with your vast knowledge of American politics. Try again.

I know plenty enough about this case, but thanks for your patronising concern though Chuck. I'm not trying to impress anyone, I'm simply pointing out your repeated tendency to give half the story in an attempt at bolstering your argument.

A Travis County grand jury Friday indicted Gov. Rick Perry on two charges related to his effort last year to force District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg to resign after her drunken driving arrest.

Grand jurors charged Perry, 64, with abuse of official capacity, a first-degree felony, and coercion of a public servant, a third-degree felony. The first charge carries a punishment of 5-99 years and a fine of up to $10,000. The second charge is punishable by 2-10 years and a fine of up to $10,000.

The indictment stems from Perry’s threat last summer to withhold $7.5 million in state money from Lehmberg’s office unless she step down – a threat he later carried out by vetoing an appropriation in the state budget.

Hence his desperate attempts at trying to avoid facing a jury.

If he's innocent, then he has nothing to fear, does he?

And you've also noticeably failed to address the fact that out of three DA's caught for the same thing, the only one he went after was the one that was investigating corruption allegations against him.

Edited by Chicog

The problem for the GOP is that NONE of the contenders has any charisma. Given a leader that could put fire in the campaign, a GOP candidate would leave the Dems in the mud.

I think HRC could be elected simply due to the fact that no GOP candidate makes an independent/ swing voter want to vote for them.

The problem on all 3 sides (Dem, Repub and Independent) is that very few truly talented and qualified people would tolerate getting down into the mud and exposing their lives and their families to the scrutiny and the lies that are unleashed during any election.

The Founding Fathers envisioned dedicated citizens leaving their lives behind for a few years to serve the common good, then going back to the farm or the store or the law office. Instead, we have life long politicians and their teams of consultants whose only goal is to get their side elected, no matter what it costs the country.