Three Thais arrested for robbing Nigerian man

Thaivisa News

three-thais-nigerian-man.png

Photo Credit: khaosod.co.th/

Bangkok:- A Thai man and two Thai women have been arrested for robbing a Nigerian man of cash and valuables worth some Bt130,000.

The three suspects were arrested early Friday, Pol Maj Gen Nipon Charoenphol, deputy commissioner of the Metropolitan Police Bureau, told a press conference at the Bang Na police station.

Nipon said Chananthida Khampae, 21, was arrested at the Seven Days restaurant on Srin Nakharind Road and Panida Booncharoen, 19, was arrested in front of the restaurant at about 1 am Friday. The two later led police to arrest the third suspect, Sarut Phawasupanon, 32, at his houuse in Mueang Samut Prakan district. Chananthida is Sarut's girlfriend.

The arrest was made after Obiora Vincen Izegbu, 36, a Nigerian, filed a complaint with the Bang Na police station at 1 pm Thursday that he had been robbed by a taxi driver and two women early in the day.

The Nigerian man told police that he hired a taxi to send him to Ramkhamhaeng area Wednesday evening to meet his friend to receive cash of from selling sea foods. He said the taxi driver then recommended him to eat and drink at the Seven Day restaurant.

The Nigerian man said two Thai women then came to sit and drink with him. After he got drunk, the taxi driver took the three to an Isaan food shop and they ate there until 5 am Thursday.

He said he was completely drunk and the taxi driver and the two women took him to Soi Chalermphakiart 2 where he was robbed out of Bt80,000 in cash, a gold necklace worth Bt45,000, a gold locket worth Bt22,000 and two smart phones.

Police later learned the identities of the two women, who admitted that they collaborated with Sarut to rob the Nigerian.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obiora Vincen Izegbu, 36, a Nigerian, filed a complaint with the Bang Na police station at 1 pm Thursday that he had been robbed by a taxi driver and two women early in the day.

I was absolutely devastated to read the news today that Obiora Vincen Izegbu had been robbed.

He was supposed to be paying me my thirty-four million pounds tomorrow............................coffee1.gif

Edited by sanuk711

This is really top class pointing in this pic. It's a really experienced photographer you can tell.

Everybody is pointing, their arms are straight and they really look the part, the innocent Nigerian and the dirty smirking Thai villains pointing, each with their own stash of stolen goodies. Everybody is lined up to point directly at the thing they are supposed to.

The dumb looking rozzer at the back with that filthy 80's perm completes this delicate little vignette, and for my money, this could be the best pointing pic of the year.

Well done that man, nice workclap2.gif

Personally I like the bike under the fire extinguishers.

BIB worried about security and crime are they?

So he was going to get money from what? Let's see that work permit, and proper visa please. He he

Exactly ! selling from seafood's? was he supplying? a vendor to sell for him which ever way I bet he's up to no good and the Thai police look stupid here if they have not checked this Nigerians visclap2.gif a status.

But the shoe on the other foot, som num na! Nigerian, He was probably bragging about how much money he makes so they set him up and took some Ha Ha.

A Thai girl gets scammed, the som nam na brigade appear quickly followed by the Thai apologists

A Nigerian gets scammmed , the som nom na brigade are here but ... ou est le apologists?

Obiora Vincen Izegbu, 36, a Nigerian, filed a complaint with the Bang Na police station at 1 pm Thursday that he had been robbed by a taxi driver and two women early in the day.

I was absolutely devastated to read the news today that Obiora Vincen Izegbu had been robbed.

He was supposed to be paying me my thirty-four million pounds tomorrow............................coffee1.gif

Don't worry, he is a friend of mine. I will transfer the money to you. Now if you will send me your bank account details...

A Thai girl gets scammed, the som nam na brigade appear quickly followed by the Thai apologists

A Nigerian gets scammmed , the som nom na brigade are here but ... ou est le apologists?

Because the vast majority are bigoted white middle,/old aged men who regularly abuse young Thai ladies or girls as they call them ?

What an about face .. usually it is the Nigerians who rip-off and steal from the Thais and farangs.

In this case, I feel sorry for the three Thais.

So the day you get beat up or robbed by Thai nationals we can sing a song of happiness and praise for said culprits for a job well done ?