BKK Airport Apologizes for Searching Muslim Cleric's Turban

Lite Beer

I don't care what the reason is.. but like so many I have to get into a body scanner at times. Why should people be excluded from security. Sure a guy in a wheelchair is harmless but it does not mean he can't smuggle anything int he country.

There was a surge in OAP's smuggling drugs because they were not checked well before. Just check everyone and be done with it.

I was on a flight to Dhaka a few months ago and there was a guy sitting not far from me. After take off he changed the seat a few times until he was comfortable (plane was half empty with plenty of seats to choose from). At the passport control where I was one of the first in line, he rolled in in front of everyone on a wheelchair. Many you see on a wheelchair at the airports are not truly handicapped but they appear to get a special treatment while on one.

All the passengers should be searched and checked equally regardless of their conditions or their status.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The old, you cannot condemn all Muslim for the actions of a few line. The FACT is that security inspections at airports only came into effect after a few Islamic terrorist high jacked planes and murdered 3.000 people with them. The majority are not important it's the minority that is and what motivates them, which is Islam.

Nobody should be exempt from these checks, and I mean nobody, or what's the point of them. What will it be next somebody in a Burka complaining her dignity was offended? and then denying it of course!

No one at the centre of this story objected to being searched or scanned.

No one.

As far as I can recall nobody on this thread has said there should be exemptions.

Edited by Bluespunk

@xray

You said

Here you are just reiterating, using different words, what I have stated in the quoted post:

"Many peoples in many locations around the world represent the Islamic faith. This also includes Islamic terrorists, such as those in the 'Islamic State' (with whom the Muslims of Jordan are currently at war)."

Me

I'm not reiterating anything you said.

I'm making clear that terrorists do not represent Islam or mainstream Muslims.

It is wrong to hate a person or a community because of their faith.

"I'm making clear that terrorists do not represent Islam or mainstream Muslims."

It looked to me like a reiteration of what I had previously posted. You have introduced something different here and are only partly correct. Terrorists do not represent mainstream Muslims, but they certainly are representatives of Islam. Their brand of Islam. There is no way for them not to be, because contrary to previous posts claiming that they are not even Muslims, they are in fact Muslims of Islamic faith. If you do a small amount of research online, you will find this is true. There is no excommunication in Islam like there is in Christianity. If a person claims to be Muslim and follow Islam, then they are and do, regardless of anyone claiming otherwise. The Islamic State is just what it claims to be, Muslims following the Islamic faith. They are representatives of a violent interpretation of Islam.

"It is wrong to hate a person or a community because of their faith."

It depends on what they have done to you. I am sure there are those who would be justified in hating the Islamic State. I would not fault the family of the Jordanian pilot who was burned alive for any hate they might harbor for the Islamic State.

My points are as they have been from the start and are not repetitions of yours no matter what you claim. There is nothing new in them and I am puzzled as to why you would claim this.

Terrorists and Islamic state are not Islam nor do they represent the majority view of Muslims.

Where did I say they weren't Muslims? They are an intolerant sect based on hatred and intolerance. They do not represent the thinking or beliefs vast majority of their faith.

At best, to claim they represent Islam is just nonsense. Some might see it as deliberate distortion of the truth about most Muslims.

In effect, creating islamaphobia.

whilst this is a self-evident truth it is also true that Islamic militants are causing 90% of the world's troubles

are all Muslim's bad? of course NOT but the faith they ALL follow allows interpretation along militant lines (as has Christianity in times past - exactly the same terror burning's etc.). But we are where we are and in present times it is Islamic based. If it were Christian based I'd have the same abhorrence and it would not stop me saying it is 'Christian based' and this terror, now, is Islamic based.

My points are as they have been from the start and are not repetitions of yours no matter what you claim. There is nothing new in them and I am puzzled as to why you would claim this.

Terrorists and Islamic state are not Islam nor do they represent the majority view of Muslims.

Where did I say they weren't Muslims? They are an intolerant sect based on hatred and intolerance. They do not represent the thinking or beliefs vast majority of their faith.

At best, to claim they represent Islam is just nonsense. Some might see it as deliberate distortion of the truth about most Muslims.

It is you, not I that distorts the truth, when you try to deny the fact that Islam is represented by all those who follow the faith, both good and evil. In fact, there are many different and varied groups within the world of Islam, and many of them are violent. I only used one as an example, the Islamic State. You acknowledge that they are Muslims, but you deny they are one of the groups that represent Islam. That is nonsense. They represent their ideal of Islam, just as the Jordanians represent their ideal of Islam, just as all Muslims represent Islam. You try and sell the notion that all the violent, evil, groups within the world of Islam are somehow not Islamic, and only the good peaceful groups belong to the faith. Again, nonsense.

In the face of the thousands of deaths brought about by Islamic terrorism, Islamaphobia is nothing. It is not hate, but only an irrational fear. In regards to the danger posed by Islamic terrorists, most fear is rational, not phobia.

It is irrational to condemn, hate and fear all Muslims because of the acts of a few.

It is irrational to blame all Muslims for the actions of a few.

It is wrong and irrational to claim that the terrorism of a few represents all Muslims and Islam.

The actions of isis and other terrorist groups have been condemned by Islamic scholars and leaders. They have also made it clear that they do not represent Islam.

That is the truth.

"They have also made it clear that they do not represent Islam."

But they do. They represent a violent form of Islam. That is the truth.

The rest of your post is rote repetition. However, I do hope you are not implying that I have labeled all Muslims by the actions of those violent members of the faith. I have done nothing of the sort; if someone claims otherwise, they are lying.

@xray

You said

Here you are just reiterating, using different words, what I have stated in the quoted post:

"Many peoples in many locations around the world represent the Islamic faith. This also includes Islamic terrorists, such as those in the 'Islamic State' (with whom the Muslims of Jordan are currently at war)."

Me

I'm not reiterating anything you said.

I'm making clear that terrorists do not represent Islam or mainstream Muslims.

It is wrong to hate a person or a community because of their faith.

"I'm making clear that terrorists do not represent Islam or mainstream Muslims."

It looked to me like a reiteration of what I had previously posted. You have introduced something different here and are only partly correct. Terrorists do not represent mainstream Muslims, but they certainly are representatives of Islam. Their brand of Islam. There is no way for them not to be, because contrary to previous posts claiming that they are not even Muslims, they are in fact Muslims of Islamic faith. If you do a small amount of research online, you will find this is true. There is no excommunication in Islam like there is in Christianity. If a person claims to be Muslim and follow Islam, then they are and do, regardless of anyone claiming otherwise. The Islamic State is just what it claims to be, Muslims following the Islamic faith. They are representatives of a violent interpretation of Islam.

"It is wrong to hate a person or a community because of their faith."

It depends on what they have done to you. I am sure there are those who would be justified in hating the Islamic State. I would not fault the family of the Jordanian pilot who was burned alive for any hate they might harbor for the Islamic State.

whilst this is a self-evident truth it is also true that Islamic militants are causing 90% of the world's troubles

are all Muslim's bad? of course NOT but the faith they ALL follow allows interpretation along militant lines (as has Christianity in times past - exactly the same terror burning's etc.). But we are where we are and in present times it is Islamic based. If it were Christian based I'd have the same abhorrence and it would not stop me saying it is 'Christian based' and this terror, now, is Islamic based.

Every philosophy, faith and political position has bigots and the intolerant.

It is irrational to claim all who follow them think the same way.

Bleuspunk keeps telling us that the evil isis boko harem ,ect ect are a minority in Islam ,if they are the minority ,God help us ,and as for the Scholars ect who denounce them ,i will only believe them when the march down the streets waving banners denouncing the evil ones. i wont be holding my breath

and as for your last post , i dont see any other faith behaving the way these Islamists do ,we gave all that up 500 years ago. when we stopped burning witches

Edited by i claudius

It is you, not I that distorts the truth, when you try to deny the fact that Islam is represented by all those who follow the faith, both good and evil. In fact, there are many different and varied groups within the world of Islam, and many of them are violent. I only used one as an example, the Islamic State. You acknowledge that they are Muslims, but you deny they are one of the groups that represent Islam. That is nonsense. They represent their ideal of Islam, just as the Jordanians represent their ideal of Islam, just as all Muslims represent Islam. You try and sell the notion that all the violent, evil, groups within the world of Islam are somehow not Islamic, and only the good peaceful groups belong to the faith. Again, nonsense.

In the face of the thousands of deaths brought about by Islamic terrorism, Islamaphobia is nothing. It is not hate, but only an irrational fear. In regards to the danger posed by Islamic terrorists, most fear is rational, not phobia.

It is irrational to condemn, hate and fear all Muslims because of the acts of a few.

It is wrong and irrational to claim that the terrorism of a few represents all Muslims and Islam.

The actions of isis and other terrorist groups have been condemned by Islamic scholars and leaders. They have also made it clear that they do not represent Islam.

That is the truth.

The rest of your post is rote repetition. However, I do hope you are not implying that I have labeled all Muslims by the actions of those violent members of the faith. I have done nothing of the sort; if someone claims otherwise, they are lying.

This is turning into pantomime season.

I only repeat because you keep coming up with the same old same old.

So here I go again.

Terrorists do not represent Islam.

That is the truth.

Edited by Bluespunk

That is the truth.

They do not represent Islam. That is the truth.

Yea,we believe you ,millions dont

That is the truth.

They do not represent Islam. That is the truth.

Yea,we believe you ,millions dont

Which is why such intolerant thinking needs to be opposed.

Boooo-ring !

In the meantime, Islamist terror continues to kill dozens of innocent people in Iraq and Syria every day.

Mostly Muslims.

Sorry their suffering bores you so.

Maybe we should try to send an e mail or something to let them know.

Edited by Bluespunk

The OP in this topic is in reference to the national representative of Thai Muslims appointed by the highest institution in Thailand, who as repeatedly stated, had no personal issue with the actions of airport security. This topic is repeatedly being used for no other purpose than leverage for off topic Muslim bashing.

The OP in this topic is in reference to the national representative of Thai Muslims appointed by the highest institution in Thailand, who as repeatedly stated, had no personal issue with the actions of airport security. This topic is repeatedly being used for no other purpose than leverage for off topic Muslim bashing.

Really? are you sure?

The old, you cannot condemn all Muslim for the actions of a few line. The FACT is that security inspections at airports only came into effect after a few Islamic terrorist high jacked planes and murdered 3.000 people with them. The majority are not important it's the minority that is and what motivates them, which is Islam.

Nobody should be exempt from these checks, and I mean nobody, or what's the point of them. What will it be next somebody in a Burka complaining her dignity was offended? and then denying it of course!

No one at the centre of this story objected to being searched or scanned.

No one.

As far as I can recall nobody on this thread has said there should be exemptions.

You must be getting tired of having to continually post that fact. Pity some are so blinded by hatred that they cannot read. But doesnt surprise me.

Really? are you sure?

Yes. Do you see any of the rabid anti muslims saying anything like 'good on him for not being bothered'.

Nope, there is no issue in this report so the manics just change the subject to get a rant in.

Really? are you sure?

Yes. Do you see any of the rabid anti muslims saying anything like 'good on him for not being bothered'.

Nope, there is no issue in this report so the manics just change the subject to get a rant in.

Well yes you have a point,BUT you can hardly blame them for doing a bit of bashing can you?

Bleuspunk keeps telling us that the evil isis boko harem ,ect ect are a minority in Islam ,if they are the minority ,God help us ,and as for the Scholars ect who denounce them ,i will only believe them when the march down the streets waving banners denouncing the evil ones. i wont be holding my breath

and as for your last post , i dont see any other faith behaving the way these Islamists do ,we gave all that up 500 years ago. when we stopped burning witches

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=muslims+condemning+isis&safe=strict&rlz=1C1WLXB_enTH564TH572&espv=2&biw=1280&bih=715&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAmoVChMIweOa1_WGxgIVDi68Ch0qCwDT

Plenty of pictures showing that here.

Edited by Bluespunk

So here I go again.

That is the truth.

All Islamic terrorists, and there are a lot of them, are Muslims who firmly believe they represent true Islam. Who are you, a non believer, to tell them otherwise?

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=muslims+condemning+isis&safe=strict&rlz=1C1WLXB_enTH564TH572&espv=2&biw=1280&bih=715&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAmoVChMIweOa1_WGxgIVDi68Ch0qCwDT

All i see is a few Muslims(and good on them) holding up a few placards ,not a heck of a lot of them and certainly no mass riots in the streets against the terrorists ,unlike when someone says something about their book , 2/10 must trey harder

So here I go again.

That is the truth.

All Islamic terrorists, and there are a lot of them, are Muslims who firmly believe they represent true Islam. Who are you, a non believer, to tell them otherwise?

No one at all.

However the religious scholars and community leaders who have done so are eminently qualified to do so.

All i see is a few Muslims(and good on them) holding up a few placards ,not a heck of a lot of them and certainly no mass riots in the streets against the terrorists ,unlike when someone says something about their book , 2/10 must trey harder

Why?

They have condemned the terrorist scum, their community, political and spiritual political leaders have condemned the terrorist scum, their religious scholars have made clear that Islam is not represented by terrorist scum.

Good enough for me.

Why?

They have condemned the terrorist scum, their community, political and spiritual political leaders have condemned the terrorist scum, their religious scholars have made clear that Islam is not represented by terrorist scum.

Good enough for me.

Anything good said about this faith is"good enough for you",unfortunately its not good enough for millions of others around the world

Why?

Good enough for me.

Anything good said about this faith is"good enough for you",unfortunately its not good enough for millions of others around the world

Thankfully many disagree with that stance.

Religions are abstract constructs.

How people act out on their interpretation of their religion is when you get problems.

The truth is that a very large percentage of modern followers of Islam (a very major world religion based on numbers of followers) are stuck in long ago, backward centuries.

It cannot be denied some basic horrible truths that are totally incompatible with modern civilization.

In many Islamic nations, the vast majority of the people believe in DEATH for apostasy (leaving Islam).

Surveys even show in Buddhist majority Thailand, that a large percentage of Thai Muslims also support such backwards barbaric punishments.

Where is the rising up of global Muslims against such insanity? It doesn't exist.

Understandably, many are afraid ... but this is still a problem and acting like it isn't with liberal pablum doesn't make it go away.

You know a minority of modern Christians believe the bible tells them that gay people should be put to death.

But you don't have Christian states actually enforcing that.

Because Christians have moved on into this modern era.

Some Islamic states on the other hand ... are literally putting gay people to death based on their Islamic beliefs.

Please stop with the unbelievable BS that there isn't a problem with modern Islam. Maybe some good progress can be made in tolerance and future REFORM of global Islam, but you've got to start with HONESTY.

Edited by Jingthing

“People who prefer to believe the worst of others will breed war and religious persecutions while the world lasts.”

Dorothy L. Sayers, The Letters of Dorothy L. Sayers.

You don't believe the videos of the recent beheadings of Christians on the beach are real?

I'm sorry, dude.

These issues are serious and getting worse.

Liberal pablum doesn't cut it anywhere.

Edited by Jingthing

“People who prefer to believe the worst of others will breed war and religious persecutions while the world lasts.”

Dorothy L. Sayers, The Letters of Dorothy L. Sayers.

You don't believe the videos of the recent beheadings of Christians on the beach are real?

I'm sorry, dude.

These issues are serious and getting worse.

Liberal pablum doesn't cut it anywhere.

Neither does the attitude that all Muslims are to blame for the actions of scum.

I never said all Muslims. I know that's your game though. Hard to take that seriously.

My game?

What are you on about?

I have no time for terrorist scum or the atrocities they are responsible for.

However I don't judge all by the actions of these scum.

Please tell me what the game is I'm playing by taking this view.

Edited by Bluespunk

I never said all Muslims. I know that's your game though. Hard to take that seriously.

My game?

What are you on about?

I have no time for terrorist scum or the atrocities they are responsible for.

However I don't allow to judge all by their actions.

Please tell me what the game is I'm playing by taking this view.

You used a cheap trick trying to suggest I have said this was about ALL Muslim people. That's your game. Instead of dealing the reality I presented ... a real problem of needed reform of modern Islam to bring them out of the dark ages on issues like death for apostasy ... you're not interested in that because it's too real and exposes liberal pablum for what it is; instead only diverting this into personality games. Not impressive or convincing.

Edited by Jingthing