Farang Has Stupidity Attack at 90 Day Report Counter

Frank James

why did you go to Immigration to file your 90-day report???

Well what other way is there? Online is not an option for me arrived here in 2010 so mail is the only other one? Do you have a magic trick up your sleeve if so please share it.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A month ago, i saw a topic that some guy asking about the 90 days report online, if any done this before kindly share the link source if this process,,, that someone to report at chang wattana / bkk immigration office,

why did you go to Immigration to file your 90-day report???

Well what other way is there? Online is not an option for me arrived here in 2010 so mail is the only other one? Do you have a magic trick up your sleeve if so please share it.

Mail. Works very well.

Edited by TheAppletons

I was there on that day- After positive remarks on the improved handling I wanted to give cm immigration a try again - nothing changed I will not supply another story to their absurd working moral and organization - just never again you will see me there - so many better options than cm immigration to get your stuff done

VISA agents don't seem to need separate tickets.

I guess different rules for paying customers.

The agents always seem to be carrying a pile of passports and I have not noticed more than one ticket. You are right. It does not seem to apply to them.

I have never seen agents requiring tickets. They just walk straight to the counter with their piles of copies and forms and are immediately given priority over the rest of us peasants.

Perhaps it`s for reasons that Immigration consider processing the reports in bulk saves time rather than having queues of people on an individual basis, the official agents treated with more credibility than the rest of us. I can understand the logic and probably helps the flow of things in an already chaotic situation. It`s just unlucky for those in the queues when agents suddenly turn up creating a bigger time lapse between queue numbers.

If that is the case then the OP story of the guy with 2 passports given at the same time being rejected is mute.

Yes, immigration rules and procedures are arcane, bureaucratic, lengthy, and sometimes make little sense. The place is hot, crowded, noisy and smelly.

But the people working there didn't make the rules or have much say in the state of the facilities. They endure the same craziness that we do--and not just every 90 days or once a year. They do so every.working.day. Let's be grateful that none of them have gone postal to date.

Remember this and endure your one day of frustration with at least the grace that they do every day.

T

So. an agent goes to immigration with 10 passports and ask for 10 tickets at the check in counter. So, how is if different if the agent walks up to the counter with only 1 ticket???? Really. you're so stupid you can't understand?

From here it only can get better with their move next month to promenada they at least have an entertaining fully aircon new environment hope that not only location - but staff , attitude and procedure will change or at least left behind

What happened to the new online reporting then?

If you landed here prior to 2013 your out of luck.

Is that permanent or can you start doing it when you renew your visa?

From what I understand you would have to leave the country and re-enter to get back into the computer system. TIT

From here it only can get better with their move next month to promenada they at least have an entertaining fully aircon new environment hope that not only location - but staff , attitude and procedure will change or at least left behind

Have you ever been to immigration?

The staff has a remarkably good disposition considering the crap they have to put up from stupid farongs who don't understand the system and are unable to fill the form in. Not that the system makes much sense but that is not the staffs fault.

Have you ever been to immigration?

The staff has a remarkably good disposition considering the crap they have to put up from stupid farongs who don't understand the system and are unable to fill the form in. Not that the system makes much sense but that is not the staffs fault.

As earlier said I will not supply more of many unpleasant experience.

I agree with you and I am always super careful at immigration, but I think that I would have been so surprised that I would have flipped out too. What a chickenshit rule!

What a completely perfect rule, otherwise you'd have all the agents in front of you with a wad of passports.

You prefer that?

Yes... its a good rule.. however you often see people handing in stacks of passports. So the rule is only for us mere foreigners.. not visa agents.. so the rule does not help.

(at least see them at my local immigration with stacks of passports)

I agree with you and I am always super careful at immigration, but I think that I would have been so surprised that I would have flipped out too. What a chickenshit rule!

Would you be pleased if someone ahead of you produced a dozen or more different people's passports for 90-day reports using a single ticket? Or if you discover several people ahead of you each presenting a dozen each passports?

The rule keeps the foxes out of the chicken pen.

Edited by Srikcir

Would you be pleased if someone ahead of you produced a dozen or more different people's passports for 90-day reports using a single ticket? Or if you discover several people ahead of you each presenting a dozen each passports?

reply #44

So. an agent goes to immigration with 10 passports and ask for 10 tickets at the check in counter. So, how is if different if the agent walks up to the counter with only 1 ticket???? Really. you're so stupid you can't understand?

Difference is in planning.. if everyone has one ticket you can estimate when your done. You are right off-course it will take the same time.

Clearly, people who do the online report are superior in every way. Please, have pity on the rest of us.

They are if they ever get what they want. As per another thread, I tried and failed online and was told by two officers at immigration not to use the online system as it doesn't work.

I think you'll find at CM that an agent with bundles of passports hands them in via the side door.

I think you'll find at CM that an agent with bundles of passports hands them in via the side door.

I agree.

The bundles are often offices,schools unis etc. and they do have to get a ticket for each one.

Farangs bring their "huff and stuff" stuff from their homeland and think it works here....It don't..........They should try and learn how LOS folk think and stay out of trouble......Yes it is a learning curve but one anyone should take seriously...

I agree with your point, but at the same time, why two queue tickets for one person who happens to be carrying two passports? And is there anything posted informing customers that that is their rule?

I usually do 90 day reports for Hubby and me at the same time. When I go to the center counter to get the queue ticket, I simply show them the two passports, with a TM 47 form stuck in each passport, and ask for 90 day report queue ticket. They always give me two tickets. I figure if you show them what you're trying to do, then they'll give you the ticket for the right queue and (in this situation) the correct number of tickets.

"I usually do 90 day reports for Hubby and me at the same time. When I go to the center counter to get the queue ticket, I simply show them the two passports, with a TM 47 form stuck in each passport, and ask for 90 day report queue ticket. They always give me two tickets. I figure if you show them what you're trying to do, then they'll give you the ticket for the right queue and (in this situation) the correct number of tickets.'

Yes, but you have been here forever and this person was obviously new. And like most people we will all loose our sh*T at least once over something minor before we learn the system.

What happened to the new online reporting then?

If you landed here prior to 2013 your out of luck.

Is that permanent or can you start doing it when you renew your visa?

I think your stuck in limbo as I understand it the information in the computer cannot be changed or prior to 2013 the information has rolled over (as one poster puts it) and disappeared. They will tell you its a work in progress.

Edited by elgordo38

Yes but the rules keep the elephant in the room.

At some time in the perhaps not so distant future there are going to be incidents at Immigration. I`m surprise nothing major have occurred yet.

If people are imposed to endure over crowded, stifling hot conditions in a cramped environment of limited space with dilapidated facilities for long periods than patience is going to dwindle and tempers are going to flare. But unfortunately the Thai philosophy is, we will worry about that if it happens.

The staff is always polite and do the best they can under the circumstances, but visiting Immigration is still an unpleasant and stressful experience and I can understand how visitors to Immigration end up on a short fuse.

End of thread.., How is there any thing else to add besides this? Treat people like animals, watch them act like animals.

I usually do 90 day reports for Hubby and me at the same time. When I go to the center counter to get the queue ticket, I simply show them the two passports, with a TM 47 form stuck in each passport, and ask for 90 day report queue ticket. They always give me two tickets. I figure if you show them what you're trying to do, then they'll give you the ticket for the right queue and (in this situation) the correct number of tickets.

Right, so why should it matter than, if he got one or two tix?