Thaksin in Montenegro to request larger passport book

Lite Beer

Somewhere in the world,but not home

Dear Thai people,

I know that some of you miss me, but believe me, I miss you much more.

I can't come back because there are some outstanding cases waiting for me . I am of course completely innocent but others don't seem to see it that way, for instance the Krisada Mahanakorn bank loan.

It is similar to the case where I hid millions of baht in my servants' names for years.

It was all an honest mistake! (And if you believe that then what can I say?).

I thought money could buy everything- it certainly bought a lot, but now I'm lonely and even worse I'm becoming irrelevant.

Please don't forget me.

Yours,

Insincerely,

One of the world's greatest liars.

"I thought money could buy everything" used to be able to buy a Thai passport but not any more - however, I guess you have already come across that problem.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How about if the news media ( I use the word news quite loosely here) use the latest information for Thaksin - being " current fugitive criminal " and not out of date and virtually useless information "former premier" - the former certainly sums up the situation more accurately.

Edited by Artisi

Actually I see it's not in schengen either. However I looked it up and it says you can go visa free anywhere in Europe. Can also go to Caribbean and parts of South America plus Cambodia and Laos. Where else would you want to go?

Dubai?

Montenegro passport is useless? It's in the EU so you can go anywhere you want in Europe. With his money where else would you need to go?

It certainly is not in the EU, and won't be for a long time.

Why would you want to go to the uk? Montenegro is not no the EU or Schengen but you can still go anywhere in Europe visa free apart from the UK. Its a lot harder for someone with a Thai passport to get into Europe and the UK. Thailand is on a human trafficking watchlist and is also a known source of illegal immigrants so having a Thai passport can be pretty challenging. Montenegro at least gets around Europe visa free.

"Why would you want to go to the uk?"

Why I wish to go there is my own business. wink.png

Why former-PM Thaksin might wish to go there, well he did briefly own a football-club there, and was IIRC reported to have bought a nice house in the London suburbs, also he counts Tony Bliar as a good friend so might wish to visit him, and don't his family often go to the UK for shopping, and wasn't his sister reported to be looking at Harrow for her son's schooling ?

In short, the reasons are many, but would he get a visa for the UK ? I recall a report, a few years ago, that the ambassador in Bangkok had said that he wouldn't be welcome ?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/3413685/Former-Thai-PM-Thaksin-Shinawatra-homeless-after-British-visa-cancelled.html

"... and is already building a GBP5 million mansion is China to replace the Surrey mansion and West London flat he can no longer return to."

Just HAS to get into the headlines. Make sure you don't forget me me me me me !!

Not really. It is a convenient way of telling the Thai military administration that the revocation of his Thai passport hasn't caused him any significant inconvenience. In layman's terms, he just gave the finger to the General.

Montenegro passport is useless? It's in the EU so you can go anywhere you want in Europe. With his money where else would you need to go?

It certainly is not in the EU, and won't be for a long time.

True, but the ability to easily obtain a 90 entry to the Continent without a visa makes the passport more valuable than a Thai passport.

Just HAS to get into the headlines. Make sure you don't forget me me me me me !!

Not really. It is a convenient way of telling the Thai military administration that the revocation of his Thai passport hasn't caused him any significant inconvenience. In layman's terms, he just gave the finger to the General.

so it's no holds barred anymore- not a smart move by Thaksin when his sister is facing possible imprisonment.

Thaksin Derangement Syndrome continues.

Where is Thaksin today? How many pages did he get added to his passport? Inquiring minds want to know all the details. And Thai PBS is happy to oblige.

Yes, Thaksin is deranged but I didn't know they name a syndrome after him. Since you are always posting about Thaksin and how great he is and how he was wronged, perhaps you should see someone about the possibility that you are suffering from TSD, yourself.

Why would you say such a thing when it's not true?

Montenegro is not a Eurozone member; not even a member of the EU. But for years this small Balkan country has been using the euro as its currency. http://www.dw.de/montenegros-peculiar-path-to-eu-membership/a-16583842

The European Commission’s latest progress report on enlargement shows growing frustration at Montenegro’s sclerotic progress and what can only be interpreted as window-dressing to receive a good scorecard http://www.euractiv.com/sections/enlargement/montenegro-not-eu-poster-child-it-claims-be-309068

"anywhere you want in Europe"

Montenegro isn't a Schengen country, and anyway a Schengen-visa still doesn't cover you for the U.K., also the same source says only that Montenegro is not yet an EU-country, but is a candidate.

http://www.schengenvisainfo.com/schengen-visa-countries-list/

Passport Index:

Montenegro: Rank 36

Thailand: Rank 54

UK & USA: Rank 1

http://www.passportindex.org/byRank.php

Thank you for these interesting links.

As for North America. Thaksin was a bit of an American puppet so in sure they'd let him in there too. Look after their buddies.

Do you have proof or are you just bursting with ignorance?

you must be working for haliburton ..stop trolling and grow up..

I'll bet a Montenegro passport is a hell of a lot more useful than a Thai one!

Passport Index:

Montenegro: Rank 36

Thailand: Rank 54

UK & USA: Rank 1

http://www.passportindex.org/byRank.php

Please explain power rank???

Please have a look here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/11552784/The-worlds-most-powerful-passports.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/the-most-powerful-passports-in-the-world-10194423.html

It comes down to...

Which nationalities can visit nearly all the world's countries without applying for a visa?

Passports were ranked based on cost, and how many countries it provides visa-free entry to

Edited by alocacoc

Wow. Canadian passport ranked same as Greece? Might as well kept my Serbian citizenship.

I guess, it's also about how much effort a foreign ministry of a said country make. May be, some countrys do not want give too easy access to many other countrys.

As for North America. Thaksin was a bit of an American puppet so in sure they'd let him in there too. Look after their buddies.

Despite clever marketing, the regime of Thaksin Shinawatra and his sister, Yingluck Shinawatra, are far from champions of the rural poor. They have been backed by Wall Street and London for nearly a decade, and brother Thaksin even before first taking office in 2001

http://planet.infowars.com/activism/thailand-wall-streets-thaksin-shinawatra-prepares-war-against-99-p-2-1-2-14

I am glad I am do not have the same intelligence as you

Montenegro is only a candidate for joining the European Union

I established this about ten posts ago so your reading comprehension is severely lacking. In the end the point was that a passport from Montenegro is far superior to a Thai passport since Thailand is a known human trafficking source and a significant source of illegal immigrants so thaksin is doing well to get a Montenegro passport as it's far more useful than a Thai one.

"Paethongtarn said his father will be visiting Germany"

Transgender?

It's sometimes confusing as to who is who. Here's some facts you really don't need to know.wink.png

Panthongtae aka "Oak" the only son.. 2/12/1979

Pinthongta (Kunakornwong) aka "Aim" the older daughter 17/4/1982

Paethongtarn aka "Ink" the younger daughter 21/8/1986 U.S. citizen

I think it's the "thongs" that confuse people.

Gold does that to people

I am glad I am do not have the same intelligence as you

Montenegro is only a candidate for joining the European Union

I established this about ten posts ago so your reading comprehension is severely lacking. In the end the point was that a passport from Montenegro is far superior to a Thai passport since Thailand is a known human trafficking source and a significant source of illegal immigrants so thaksin is doing well to get a Montenegro passport as it's far more useful than a Thai one.

One issue the EC has with Montenegro is that they hand out passports to people who invest 'sufficiently'. There seems some doubts the criteria are phrased to exclude known criminals or those who associate with them.

Still I guess for some to have any passport if better than to have none, not even one from their own country.

The attention even Thaksin's daughter pays to this seems to indicate that the revocation of papa's passports hurt however irrelevant some here like to call it.

Despite clever marketing, the regime of Thaksin Shinawatra and his sister, Yingluck Shinawatra, are far from champions of the rural poor. They have been backed by Wall Street and London for nearly a decade, and brother Thaksin even before first taking office in 2001

http://planet.infowars.com/activism/thailand-wall-streets-thaksin-shinawatra-prepares-war-against-99-p-2-1-2-14

ah, come on... now that's bursting with Tony's ignorance...

If there is really a question about Thaksin visiting the USA, the USA already let him into the country, so it's a mute point. He can go anywhere he wants and no government is going to send him back to Thailand.

This recent flurry of Thaksin news is not important for Thailand, ... the elite have always had their own fights. This tiff 'tween Thaksin and Prayuth is just a distraction ... there are more important things going on right now.

Thaksin using Montenegrin passport now
THE SUNDAY NATION

BANGKOK: -- FORMER PRIME minister Thaksin Shinawatra was in Berlin, Germany, after having his Montenegrin passport renewed in Montenegro, according to social media reports.

Thaksin, whose Thai passports were revoked by the Foreign Ministry recently, posted a photo of himself in front of a shop he said was in Berlin on Instagram.

"This German pork leg shop has been known since 1621, almost 400 years," his message read.

Thaksin's daughter Paethongtarn also posted his photo taken at a seaside village on her Instagram page. She said he wrote to her, "Come to Montenegro to renew passport due to run[ning] out of pages. Now ready to conquer the world."

Paethongtarn, Thaksin's youngest daughter, explained that his Montenegrin passport ran out of space for stamping. She said that he used the passport to enter Germany.

Thaksin's Thai passports, re-issued to him during the previous government led by his sister Yingluck, were again revoked |by the Foreign Ministry.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Thaksin-using-Montenegrin-passport-now-30261793.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-06-07

Seems it was more likely the general giving thaksin the finger big time - as in passports, bad luck takie, they're now gone for good but don't cry about losing too much face cause I don't care. Edited by Artisi