Guinness arrives at Lake Maprachan

johnnybgood

Where exactly is it?

per post #16

"Formerly called Peacock Place on Soi Siam"

Yes.... that's one that I have also missed over the past 10 years or so.

Anyone else apart from the OP have a clue here?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/12.920720,%20100.961998 , the Peacock was one of the few places that had been pretty much the same for around that period.

Where exactly is it?

per post #16

https://www.google.com/maps/place/12.920720,%20100.961998 , the Peacock was one of the few places that had been pretty much the same for around that period.

When you say 'pretty much the same' does that mean closed? I used to imbibe at Mobi's Place and undoubtedly drove past the Peacock loads of times but can't recall seeing signage or signs of life. Was it a restaurant or what? Was it ever open?

Not knocking the idea of a large, airconditioned faux Irish pub out by the lake though. Another pit stop on my interminable bicycle rides.

And less than 1 km from the new Highway 7 south spur.

Edited by NanLaew

• 1 month later...

Where exactly is it?

per post #16

When you say 'pretty much the same' does that mean closed? I used to imbibe at Mobi's Place and undoubtedly drove past the Peacock loads of times but can't recall seeing signage or signs of life. Was it a restaurant or what? Was it ever open?

Not knocking the idea of a large, airconditioned faux Irish pub out by the lake though. Another pit stop on my interminable bicycle rides.

And less than 1 km from the new Highway 7 south spur.

If you used to drink in Mobi's, it is the next bar about 200 metres down on the same side.

It is still open and the large car park I'd full after about 4pm.

I had a burger there 2 days ago and it was most satisfying

Edited by Rimmer
Quotes fixed

The Magners is quite cheap as long as it's draught. I would of thought the management would be monitoring this thread and answering the many questions asked as its took them an age just to put the prices on.My friends and I are having a sweepstake on how long they will be open before shutting down.

The Magners is on special right now, and will go to 200 a pint fairly soon I was told by the owner the other night. If you made a bet on them closing down, you will be in for a long wait. They are rammed every weekend and busy all through the week. They are even full when the other places around the lake are having free food celebrations which usually condemns all other venues to be empty as a result. At a guess, his mix of wet sales v food sales is 40:60, and a crude calculation would be that the bar and restaurant alone will be turning over a million a month already, or pretty close to it.

Deli not open for a couple of months yet. He owns Smithfields meats as well, so the deli will have all the fresh meat and bacon etc cut to your preferences whilst you wait.

The Breakfast is the best around the lake by a long way although a slight criticism is that is can take a bit of time to get.

Well I see everyone s afraid to say how much that pint costs? In Central Pattaya a proper pint will cost 170 to 180 baht. With the occasional special of 150 baht.

I wish this place success but as most will concur its usually a location where good ideas tend to go to die.

• 2 months later...

Maybe great.

But could be shot lived, for all the bars on the dark side.

The clamp down on Drink driving will be affecting the turnover of theses places soon.

hope they all have deep pockets. ohmy.png

Clamp down? Yeah.. right.whistling.gif

Anyway folks quality pubs attract couples, and in our case the non-drinking wifee always drives... as do many other customers' partners.

To any local provider of pub grub & import ales ...........Lang may yer lum reek....... thumbsup.gif

Maybe great.

But could be shot lived, for all the bars on the dark side.

The clamp down on Drink driving will be affecting the turnover of theses places soon.

hope they all have deep pockets. ohmy.png

Clamp down? Yeah.. right.whistling.gif

Anyway folks quality pubs attract couples, and in our case the non-drinking wifee always drives... as do many other customers' partners.

To any local provider of pub grub & import ales ...........Lang may yer lum reek....... thumbsup.gif

Sorry you felt the need to come and show your lack of local

knowledge of how things are now days around, pattaya , Jomtien and the dark side with regards to drink driving.

Also the lack of customers around the restaurants and bars, must be a clue for you. ?

You see more and more people want a slice of the pie

but the pie is getting smaller, not bigger and more so over the dark side.

But good luck to the place.

4k and they let you go on the dark side according to the people who have been caught, or you can easily outrun them on a bike if they are out solo, which seems to be the trend around the lake after dark. There does seem to be 2 coppers on bike loitering near the fuller venues at present but they are very dim, and easy to avoid. Besides, they are not wearing firearms, so there is a good chance they are not real cops anyway.