EXPAT, IN SEARCH OF THE RIGHT INSTITUTION OF HIGHER LEARNING IN THAILAND?

EXPAT, IN SEARCH OF THE RIGHT INSTITUTION OF HIGHER LEARNING IN THAILAND?

Expats often feel hopeless when they wish to upgrade themselves with internationally recognized Bachelor or Master Degree, during their stay or work in Thailand due to a few common constraints such as:

post-51536-0-31054400-1433729168_thumb.p

Time – unable to leave job completely to study or neglect family responsibilities to focus on study alone

Money – most study options are expensive, especially those that are promoted as international programme

Language Barrier – most programmes, even in the international division of big universities are delivered predominantly by the locals, hence suffer from significantly reduced English communication level

Distance – sometimes, the location of universities, coupled with the heavy traffic situation in Bangkok or surrounding areas, makes it almost impossible to undertake a study programme and keep-at-it until completion – sooner or later, fatigue sets in and the whole plan goes down the bin (bearing in mind that one needs to study while working)

Programme flexibility – most programmes are often punitive toward busy working adults – requirements are often difficult to meet and conditions unfavorable to the adult-student. The ones that are not rigid, are usually non-accredited, or online universities that do not hold much credibility, hence the degrees are not useful for career development or worth the investment in the first place

Success rate – most so-called flexible programmes have very discouraging completion records – students (typically working adults or professionals) are aggressively pursued and enrolled without much care about their completion of the programme and career advancement

Pastoral Care – this is worthy of mention here because it is the most influential of all factors that directly stop expats (working adults or professionals) from pursuing their higher education goals. This is also the reason why despite having scores of online education programmes easily accessible akin to the availability of goods at the nationwide 7/11 stores, foreign universities operate more successfully outside of their countries of origin when they have local (official) support centers or partners – the personal touch is still the key to successful teaching and learning, or else, may lead to premature failure or dropout from study programmes.

Due to the above-mentioned factors, expats (professionals) working in Thailand often postpone or completely erase the idea of upgrading and enhancing themselves through appropriate higher education and consequently, higher qualification. However, at the end of the day, they know very well that failure to upgrade themselves and be RELEVANT and EQUIPPED may cost them their own careers.

post-51536-0-04408900-1433729176_thumb.j

Hence the key to solving this dilemma is FINDING THE RIGHT INSTITUTION OF HIGHER LEARNING.

BANGKOK SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT (BSM) specializes in providing internationally recognized higher education programmes specifically for working adults / professionals in Thailand who feel stuck and doomed regarding the chances of following a TRULY USEFUL HIGHER EDUCATION PROGRAMME that leads to obtaining their dream higher qualification such as UK Bachelor Degree (Honors Degree) and/or European Master of Business Administration (MBA) with specialization in areas such as Project Management, e-Marketing, Corporate Finance, Business Consulting, Contemporary Issues in Human Capital Management (HCM), International Tourism Management, and Strategic Supply Chain Management.

post-51536-0-60085200-1433729181_thumb.p

Programmes at BSM are delivered effectively within the context of the constraints that often discourage working adults from pursuing higher education, i.e., time, money, language barrier, distance, programme flexibility, success rate, and pastoral care.

This is not a propaganda statement; it is a proven truth as testified by BSM’s very own recent graduate, who himself was looking for the RIGHT INSTITUTION OF HIGHER LEARNING for several years, before he found BANGKOK SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT, where his goal to earn an internationally recognized UK Bachelor Degree (Honors) was successfully achieved despite all the challenges he faced as an expat, a working adult, a professional, and a responsible and caring father and husband.

Find out how he did it by reading the full story.

How Steve Thompson from the UK completed his BA (Hons) from Northumbria University in Thailand

Equip yourself today! Come get INSPIRED… we make it possible for you at BANGKOK SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT!

Contact Us Today & Meet Our Admission Officer:

For BA (Hons) & BSc (Hons) UK Degree Program from Northumbria University

post-51536-0-66454300-1433729187_thumb.j

Email: [email protected]

For International MBA Programs

Email: [email protected]

16th Floor, Amarin Tower

496-502 Ploenchit Road

Lumpini, Pathumwan

Bangkok 10330, Thailand

BTS: Chidlom Statiom

T+ 66 (2) 256 9586

F+ 66 (2) 256 9144

Another viable option is http://www.extension.harvard.edu/degrees-programs Not that I care too much about fancy names but as a graduate of the school of hard knocks I will say a fancy name

can open many doors that otherwise might not be open. It also gives you instant clout as not many will not recognize or bash you if the paper says harvard.

just my 2 cents

There is also a SUNY program in BKK that is only on weekends and very flexible with all the professors actual PhD from the SUNY system.

There are quite a few options that are more viable than these makeshift degree mills.

If it is really sponsored by North Umbria officially, why isn't there a direct link between the Universities on their main page?

They pay a kick back for accreditation nothing more. Legit programs don't just have a scan of a letter as proof. There should be a link on the home page of both institutions that lead directly to the individual schools.

Assumption University of Thailand (www.au.edu) is the first international university which offers Bachelor degree, Master degree, and doctorate in many fields. Also the Graduate School of eLearning (www.elearning.au.edu) offers Master Degree and doctorate programs in 5 majors through total eLearning. Students can get student visa for Thailand while studying at Assumption University. Please visit : wwww.elearning,au.edu

well this one I have to say something, my friend got the real certificate from NU and stamp from both British embassy and Thai consulate...so if it's just a shitty one...I don't think it's that easy to get official stamp

There is also a SUNY program in BKK that is only on weekends and very flexible with all the professors actual PhD from the SUNY system.

There are quite a few options that are more viable than these makeshift degree mills.

If it is really sponsored by North Umbria officially, why isn't there a direct link between the Universities on their main page?

They pay a kick back for accreditation nothing more. Legit programs don't just have a scan of a letter as proof. There should be a link on the home page of both institutions that lead directly to the individual schools.

well this one I have to say something, my friend got the real certificate from NU and stamp from both British embassy and Thai consulate...so if it's just a shitty one...I don't think it's that easy to get official stamp

alternativly it may just be that if you pay enough you get the official stamp.

alternativly it may just be that if you pay enough you get the official stamp.

UK institutions are required to have quality assessment procedures for overseas partner institutions. The assertion above that there is a kickback for accreditation 'nothing more' just so much blather as is the one immediately above. On the other hand if there is any hard evidence of misbehaviour rather than purely speculative musings then either Northumbria or the UK QAA would love to hear from you.

The Institutes of "Higher" Learning in Thailand mirror the lower levels.

It would be like buying a condo and have it turn out terrible and faulty and then turning around and buying the entire building.

make sense if you plan to work only in Thailand, otherwise...many of the western universities do not recognize the MA because the quality is extremely poor, however, it does as it always...say.. it depends..

Try PSU.. a good program and you get out in two years..

make sense if you plan to work only in Thailand, otherwise...many of the western universities do not recognize the MA because the quality is extremely poor, however, it does as it always...say.. it depends..

Try PSU.. a good program and you get out in two years..

Lucky for my classmates that Harvard University and the London School of Economics recognized a Payap University (in Chiang Mai) degree.

US and UK universities do not just reject Thai university grads out of hand when applying for Masters programs. People who claim that are just wrong. Like every other applicant, they accept the Thai degree as a qualification and look at the bigger picture of experience and achievements.

Will, all other things being equal, Harvard accept the Stanford grad over the Thai grad? Sure. But if you are the "total package" your Thai degree does not disqualify you at all. In fact, the smart person will use the expereince overseas to sell themselves.

• 2 weeks later...

not sure if this post is just a dodgy advert for something at the start. none the less chula is top, internationally recognised. do soemthing useufl not philosophy , history etc.

Assumption University of Thailand (www.au.edu) is the first international university which offers Bachelor degree, Master degree, and doctorate in many fields. Also the Graduate School of eLearning (www.elearning.au.edu) offers Master Degree and doctorate programs in 5 majors through total eLearning. Students can get student visa for Thailand while studying at Assumption University. Please visit : wwww.elearning,au.edu

worth reading this for a student view of Assumption

I am writing to you today to express my great disappointment in your establishment. When I registered for your university last year, I had been told the greatest comments about Assumption: many consider it to be the greatest international university in Thailand:

http://www.opnlttr.com/letter/open-letter-assumption-university-or-everything-wrong-abac?fb_action_ids=389848717883317&fb_action_types=og.comments

• 4 weeks later...

I am not sure if all of the above contributors have followed the original marketing blurb to work out what is the business model of this academic set-up. It requires a little attention. Students should be enrolling on a distance mode degree with Northumbria. That means that the quality control is formally under the control of Northumbria. The link institution in BKK is therefore officially a support institution rather than one which has the franchise for delivery. The note of caution is whether the distance mode legal format is effectively a cover for a course which in practice is a franchise delivery format in all but name. The value of such a qualification is whether it is accepted as an entry qualification to further study in the UK.

• 4 months later...

The stamps don't signify quality of the degree, but merely confirm the certificate is authentic. Although that's still a stretch. They'll stamp your forehd for a fee.

Thai uni standards are...well...not the best. In fact, the concept of standards is fundamentally lacking. Rampant plagiarism, whinging to boost a grade, gifts, theft aka kmutt, ...cancerous shenanigans, and that's just at a minister level.

Avoid like the plague.

Thai uni standards are...well...not the best. In fact, the concept of standards is fundamentally lacking. Rampant plagiarism, whinging to boost a grade, gifts, theft aka kmutt, ...cancerous shenanigans, and that's just at a minister level.

Avoid like the plague.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Avoid like the plague.

It's all fact up to "minister level". The last sentence is opinion.

Best of luck.

Avoid like the plague.

Best of luck.

Lucky for us you are around. Usually facts have a source. Can you share yours so we can be better educated about the Thai education system. Thanks for your help.

Is it possible to study for a master degree without first having a Bachelor degree. I have worked in a professional capacity in Thailand in the same company for more than 20 years so would that count instead of a first degree? I would like to be able to say I have an international recognized education from wherever, rather than simply hands on experience.

Avoid like the plague.

Best of luck.

Lucky for us you are around. Usually facts have a source. Can you share yours so we can be better educated about the Thai education system. Thanks for your help.
Sure. I am the source. I have worked in Thai Unis for > a decade.

My efforts to establish standards, and a lot more, as relevant to my comments, were not well received.

Plagiarism is thoroughly covered by other authors, outside of TVF. Search and you shall find, easily.

Look at the Times Ed uni rankings.

Fingers crossed.

It was kmitl not kmutt

http://m.bangkokpost.com/news/451740?refer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.th%2F

Avoid like the plague.
Best of luck.
Sure. I am the source. I have worked in Thai Unis for > a decade.

My efforts to establish standards, and a lot more, as relevant to my comments, were not well received.

Plagiarism is thoroughly covered by other authors, outside of TVF. Search and you shall find, easily.

Look at the Times Ed uni rankings.

Fingers crossed.
It was kmitl not kmutt
http://m.bangkokpost.com/news/451740?refer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.th%2F

So in 10 years you became an expert in the 71 private universities, 80 public universities and the 21 community colleges throughout Thailand. I can't imagine why you werent successful your educational reforms throughout the country.

Archived