Immigration Visit Schools In Various Provinces To Introduce The Online 90 Days TM 47 Report

Hello and Sawasdee Khrap,

Just came back from my director's office, where I had to see two Immigration officers. Of course did I not have my passport and work permit, but they knew me and were also aware that I have both in order.

They made it look like they only wanted to inform foreigners that you can make your online registration,the TM 47 form for Aliens, they even walked me through their webpage.The guy spoke perfect English and we had to make a :thumbs up" photo, together with our director.

But honestly speaking, I assume it was more a check if foreigners have the right documentation. They've just started their tour and will visit all schools.

So please be warned if you're working on a tourist visa, or employed by a dubious agency that doesn't give a flying <deleted>.

There're not too many excuses, they'll accept. facepalm.gif

I've got all my (legit) documents in order, so no worries either way...

BUT, I seriously doubt that these competent / perfect English speaking officers are going to continue a "tour and will visit all schools". That sounds far too much like actual work, which I have found to be an activity that is extremely discouraged in Thailand's bureaucratic masses. More likely you, by luck of the draw, happened to be at the first place (first in what I'd wager will be a very short list) where they decided to shoot a fish in the barrel in order to put the fear of ... uh, Buddha I guess ... into the rest of us.

BUT, I seriously doubt that these competent / perfect English speaking officers are going to continue a "tour and will visit all schools". That sounds far too much like actual work, which I have found to be an activity that is extremely discouraged in Thailand's bureaucratic masses. More likely you, by luck of the draw, happened to be at the first place (first in what I'd wager will be a very short list) where they decided to shoot a fish in the barrel in order to put the fear of ... uh, Buddha I guess ... into the rest of us.

I apologize that I didn't mention that they're Sisaket Immigration officers who seem to take their jobs very serious.

And the Immigration guy's English is way better than our Asian teacher's English,who couldn't follow a few easy questions.

The same gentleman told me that they'd just started their " tell the foreigners that they can do their online 90 days registration from now on online and will visit all schools.

Of course- in my humble opinion- not the little Baan Nok ones.

He seemed to be a nice guy, but I wouldn't like to be on a tourist visa, without a work permit, when he shows up, if you know what I mean.

He also said that this would be nationwide and they "just want to make sure that all foreigners working at schools are legal."

I thought a little reminder for those who do not meet the requirements should be careful these days.

I didn't give any false information, nor do I want to have a discussion how many Immigration officers speak a good English.

It might be helpful for those guys who always hear the same karabaoshit, that the documents will be sorted out, but it never happens.

And those who work for an agency, still on a tourist visa, because of some bla, bla bla excuses, will have some problems to explain that.

Might have to give my boss a bit of a reminder that I'm still waiting for him to sus out my new WP. I wouldn't be surprised if he still hasn't even gotten around to applying for my teacher's licence lol.

Since although I doubt we'll get a visit (it's a 2h drive to my "local" immigration office), it's better to be safe than sorry.

Cheers for the heads up that they're getting more proactive :)

I think its good of you to give the other teachers a heads up about this.

Im not a teacher or do any type of work now, as Im too bloody old & grumpy.

In the condo where I live there are usually 4 to 6 Immigration police pick up parked at night, they go out every morning and back at night then away at W/E.

I think they are extra staff sent from BKK doing some check ups. This has been brought on by The military cracking down on the Immigration dept.coffee1.gif

This is in Korat.

Edited by Jessi

I completed the online form for my 90 day report and sent it on Sunday.

Monday morning received an email....APPROVED!

Printed off the approval notice and stapled in my passport.

Saved 300 baht in taxi fares and at least half a day at CW immigration. thumbsup.gif

For those who'd like to do their TM 47 online, please see: ( Only working with Internet explorer!!)

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

Click on Apply for Notofication of....

banner_over90day.jpg Google_Safe.gif WWW http://immigration.go.th :: Download :: topleft.giftop.giftopright.gifleft.gif Available forms for downloading Note: In case of any 2-pages form, please print out in one paper(front and back page). right.giflowleft.giflow.gif
Apply for Notification of residence when staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.
According to The Immigration Act,B.E.2522,the foreigner who has received a temporary stay permit and stayed in the Kingdom of Thailand over 90 days must notify his residence to immigration officer every 90 days. He/She could notify via internet ( www.immigration.go.th , bangkok.immigration.go.th )
It is better to keep track of the rules of Thai Immigration at all times during your stay in the country, as failure to file your 90-day report can result in a fine of 2,000 THB, and can be increased up to 5,000 THB once you get arrested with an additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for each day which passes until the law is complied with.

You can then download a user guide and do your registration. It's possible to check the next day if it was successful. Please be aware that it has to be 15 days before.

Should you miss it, then it might be better to go there in person. Still the old rules, 15 days before and seven days after due date.

"That sounds far too much like actual work, which I have found to be an activity that is extremely discouraged in Thailand's bureaucratic masses. "

Another wonderful opportunity for some whining and aimless kvetching from someone needing to boost his flagging ego and vent his frustrations by putting down others.

"Bureaucratic masses??" That sounds far too much like verbal flatulence.

For those who'd like to do their TM 47 online, please see: ( Only working with Internet explorer!!)

banner_over90day.jpg Google_Safe.gif WWW http://immigration.go.th :: Download :: topleft.giftop.giftopright.gifleft.gif Available forms for downloading Note: In case of any 2-pages form, please print out in one paper(front and back page). right.giflowleft.giflow.gif
According to The Immigration Act,B.E.2522,the foreigner who has received a temporary stay permit and stayed in the Kingdom of Thailand over 90 days must notify his residence to immigration officer every 90 days. He/She could notify via internet ( www.immigration.go.th , bangkok.immigration.go.th )

It is better to keep track of the rules of Thai Immigration at all times during your stay in the country, as failure to file your 90-day report can result in a fine of 2,000 THB, and can be increased up to 5,000 THB once you get arrested with an additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for each day which passes until the law is complied with.

You can then download a user guide and do your registration. It's possible to check the next day if it was successful. Please be aware that it has to be 15 days before.

Should you miss it, then it might be better to go there in person. Still the old rules, 15 days before and seven days after due date.

IE can be emulated from Chrome and FF: Click on one of the links.

Use a User Agent for Chrome or Firefox and it will emulate IE. For FF IE Tab V2 for Chrome either User-Agent Switcher for Chrome or User Agent Switcher.

It is great that immigration is providing this service for those Farang in the teaching community ( either legally or illegally).

But will they hold information sessions at the " local farang pub" for those of us who do not work ( either legally or illegally).

Then what about those of us that do not go to a farang pub as we do not drink ?

Suppose we will find out when we visit immigration office next..................but for me a visit to their office is no hardship so I will continue with that.

Considering how difficult many Western countries make it for Thais to gain entry, let alone work, we can hardly complain if they trying to weed out some of the numerous falangs who slipped in under the radar and took jobs when they shouldn't.

"That sounds far too much like actual work, which I have found to be an activity that is extremely discouraged in Thailand's bureaucratic masses. "

Another wonderful opportunity for some whining and aimless kvetching from someone needing to boost his flagging ego and vent his frustrations by putting down others.

"Bureaucratic masses??" That sounds far too much like verbal flatulence.

"Another wonderful opportunity for some whining and aimless kvetching from someone needing to boost his flagging ego and vent his frustrations by putting down others."

That sounds a bit like a 'pot/kettle/black' comment to me!

"Just came back from my director's office, where I had to see two Immigration officers. Of course did I not have my passport and work permit, but they knew me and were also aware that I have both in order."

Back page of the work permit quite clearly states " A work permit holder shall carry the permit with himself/herself, or keep it at the place of work while working, ready at all times, for presenting to the competent official or the registrar. Any permit holder who violates or fails to comply with the foregoing shall be liable to a fine of not exceeding ten thousand Baht."

So I can't see why you say "Of course I did not have,,,,,,," , by law you should have had it with you.

As for your passport, you should have either had that on your person or as the Police General said a few months ago, at least a copy of your details page, your last visa/extension page.

This whole thing about perfect English speaking immigration going round schools sounds like a publicity stunt to me.

Thumbs up photo call?

Why go to one particular school?

There are plenty more expats in placed like Pattaya and Chiang Mai. All they need to do is sit in a bar for a few hours and they could reach hundreds of expats.

Ahh! Not too many bars in Sisaket I guess.

"Just came back from my director's office, where I had to see two Immigration officers. Of course did I not have my passport and work permit, but they knew me and were also aware that I have both in order."

Back page of the work permit quite clearly states " A work permit holder shall carry the permit with himself/herself, or keep it at the place of work while working, ready at all times, for presenting to the competent official or the registrar. Any permit holder who violates or fails to comply with the foregoing shall be liable to a fine of not exceeding ten thousand Baht."

So I can't see why you say "Of course I did not have,,,,,,," , by law you should have had it with you.

As for your passport, you should have either had that on your person or as the Police General said a few months ago, at least a copy of your details page, your last visa/extension page.

I beg your pardon. It was more a sort of sarcasm as I had all, including my drivers' licenses in my gloves department for months now and just took it out three days before the Immigration showed up.Took all out and left it at home after renewing my DL.

I know what's written on a work permit and I'm also aware of the rule that a foreigner should always have at least a copy of the passport.

Before asking "the lawyer", I'd kindly like to inform you that I know most of the Immigration officers in 13 years of living in this area, so they might know more about me than my wife and I do....facepalm.gif

Also most cops from my province where I'm residing know me, as well as the police officers in the town where I'm working.

But thank you very much for the laws in Thailand lesson, really deeply appreciated, will never happen again. I apologize for breaking several laws. wai2.gif

IE can be emulated from Chrome and FF: Click on one of the links.

Use a User Agent for Chrome or Firefox and it will emulate IE. For FF IE Tab V2 for Chrome either User-Agent Switcher for Chrome or User Agent Switcher.

Never heard about that, as i usually use Google Chrome. Thanks a lot. Good to know. Cheers.

P.S. Already installed, took only a minute, thumbsup.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

Lostinisaan - sarcasm does not come across in writing the same way as it does in speech, (though I am sure you are aware of that as an English teacher).

What does come across very clearly is "back peddling".

"Also most cops from my province where I'm residing know me, as well as the police officers in the town where I'm working.". Isaan is a huge province and yet most of the cops know you ? Wow ! The cops from your town know you too, that would indicate that you live in a town outside of the province, but wait, you said the cops in the province you reside in ? Confused, but don't worry, we can probably put that confusion down to your appalling English. :-)

Have a good day, with all your cop "friends".

Lostinisaan - sarcasm does not come across in writing the same way as it does in speech, (though I am sure you are aware of that as an English teacher).

What does come across very clearly is "back peddling".

"Also most cops from my province where I'm residing know me, as well as the police officers in the town where I'm working.". Isaan is a huge province and yet most of the cops know you ? Wow ! The cops from your town know you too, that would indicate that you live in a town outside of the province, but wait, you said the cops in the province you reside in ? Confused, but don't worry, we can probably put that confusion down to your appalling English. :-)

Have a good day, with all your cop "friends".

Please read post four and you might find out that it was about Sisaket. You should really consider a Thai culture course, when you think Isaan is a province.

And the place where i work belongs to the same province, Monseigneur.

BTW, the post was just a sort of reminder for some people.

It seems that you're bored to death, why don't you get a life and start to play cricket?

Confused about your post, but don't worry, we can probably put that confusion down to your outstanding reading and geographical knowledge skills.-) -wai2.gif

I beg your pardon. It was more a sort of sarcasm as I had all, including my drivers' licenses in my gloves department for months now and just took it out three days before the Immigration showed up.Took all out and left it at home after renewing my DL.

I know what's written on a work permit and I'm also aware of the rule that a foreigner should always have at least a copy of the passport.

Before asking "the lawyer", I'd kindly like to inform you that I know most of the Immigration officers in 13 years of living in this area, so they might know more about me than my wife and I do....facepalm.gif

Also most cops from my province where I'm residing know me, as well as the police officers in the town where I'm working.

But thank you very much for the laws in Thailand lesson, really deeply appreciated, will never happen again. I apologize for breaking several laws. wai2.gif

You know all of these special people and still cannot get social security??? 5555

I apologize that I didn't mention that they're Sisaket Immigration officers who seem to take their jobs very serious.

And the Immigration guy's English is way better than our Asian teacher's English,who couldn't follow a few easy questions.

The same gentleman told me that they'd just started their " tell the foreigners that they can do their online 90 days registration from now on online and will visit all schools.

Of course- in my humble opinion- not the little Baan Nok ones.

He seemed to be a nice guy, but I wouldn't like to be on a tourist visa, without a work permit, when he shows up, if you know what I mean.

He also said that this would be nationwide and they "just want to make sure that all foreigners working at schools are legal."

I thought a little reminder for those who do not meet the requirements should be careful these days.

I didn't give any false information, nor do I want to have a discussion how many Immigration officers speak a good English.

It might be helpful for those guys who always hear the same karabaoshit, that the documents will be sorted out, but it never happens.

And those who work for an agency, still on a tourist visa, because of some bla, bla bla excuses, will have some problems to explain that.

so on your mind every immigration officer in thailand have to speak perfect english ??

How many immigration officer speak any other languge than british perfect ??

Any foreign language ??

In thailand you apply in english !

Could I apply in UK in Thai ??

This whole thing about perfect English speaking immigration going round schools sounds like a publicity stunt to me.

Thumbs up photo call?

There are plenty more expats in placed like Pattaya and Chiang Mai. All they need to do is sit in a bar for a few hours and they could reach hundreds of expats.

not everybody is here in Thailand to hang all the day and night around a PUB !!

CM, CR might be, as seems no other things to do ; 5555

Thumbs up photo call?

not everybody is here in Thailand to hang all the day and night around a PUB !!

CM, CR might be, as seems no other things to do ; 5555

Too true. If my local immigration officer wanted to call to tell me how to report on line, he/she would need a day out of the office and wouldn't need to worry about beer money. I am a long way from them and any type of bar.

You know all of these special people and still cannot get social security??? 5555

Isn't that pretty normal that you get to know a lot of cops in a small city like Sisaket, when living there for so long?

BTW, got my SS, pay in 438 baht a month and sooner, or

"BTW, got my SS, pay in 438 baht a month and sooner, or" - That payment equates to someone who was in the scheme, has now left the scheme but keeps paying for the health benefits ?

Should you not be paying 750 a month as you are working ?

Or are you over 60 now ?

Not sure that it is "normal" to get to know all of the cops.

I know a couple but not all where I live. I would rather not know them all.

bigt3116......The school where the OP works is not registered. You can work at a school and pay into SS independently. The amount for this is 438 a month.

Not sure that it is "normal" to get to know all of the cops.

I know a couple but not all where I live. I would rather not know them all.

bigt3116......The school where the OP works is not registered. You can work at a school and pay into SS independently. The amount for this is 438 a month.

All and a lot is a huge difference, don't you think? Okay, I'm guilty of knowing some cops, may I call my lawyer first?

Regarding the independent SS, once your employment ends ( where the school and you paid in), you've got six months time to apply for it.

If not all you've paid in is gone and you can start over again.But only if the director registers his/her school.

Sorry guys, the post was ONLY to remind some people what could happen soon. It's not about how many cops somebody knows and if they're good, or bad guys.

Edited by lostinisaan