New Bt2000 fine for spitting, blowing nose and littering in public places

webfact

Why do they always try to enforce the impossible, let’s start with littering, throwing cigarette butts sweet paper bottle cans anything but spitting and blowing your nose.

And then to compare themselves with the Japanese, come on please, please can someone rein these people in coffee1.gif ok back to my coffee....

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lower classes of Thai think Gobbing in the street and clearing their Nose is normal.

Likewise they think the same about pulling Bogies from their nose then looking at it and dropping the mess onto the pavement!

Low life.

I have never seen any Thai blow their nose or spit in public areas???? Except for the occasional driver opening their door at the red traffic light and let out a little spit on the road. I am confident the Police will diligently pursue all offenders in the same diligent way that they catch other serious crimes such as jaywalking, walking in the middle of the street, riding your motorcycle on the walkway, riding in opposite direction etc...

If you have never seen it then you need a White stick!

Violator could also be recorded in criminal file, he said.

Interesting, so one can be deported then for a criminal conviction of blowingg your nose ?

This will make all Thai's criminals as it is normal practice for Thai to pick their nose and hoik in public, and food vendors do it in front of anyone and don't wash their hands.

Beware the old beetle nut chewers will have to spit on their own land.

Chinese are terrible hoikers and in Burma its a daily ritual, could be also that they chew a lot of the beetle nut in Burma.

I think the blowing nose means covering one nostril and bleing the snot out the other, which is pretty gross but who wants to walk around with a handkerchief full of snot sitting in their pocket in this climate?

I saw my first instance of nose blowing onto the road just a few days ago. Totally disgusting.

It was banned in Western countries a century ago for one main reason.

When spit/snot dries up, the particles carry in the wind, and at the time, it was thought that TB was spread this way. Maybe this is the case, and a durned good reason to discourage it.

What's wrong with tissues and binning them?

"I blew my nose and then they blew my mind" -Per Sir Mick

We'll make this place like Singapore! Just on surface of course..... give those hard working cops something to do whilst cracking down on those over charging lottery sellers, rather than going after violent and/or connected criminals

Blowing nose ??? seems a bit extreme

Blowing nose with one finger over

one nostril then shooting snot to

the ground.

I thought they meant picking nose

But I've been told picking nose

in public is not rude to Thais,

go figure.

Instead of ฿2000 fine can I suggest

their punishment be assisting street cleaners for a month.

These street cleaner girls (mostly) deserve a medal for cleaning up so

much sh*t everyday.

Street Venders be warned.

Take your sh*t with you!

Edited by LindsayBKK

No spitting...blowing nose...littering in public places...

They forgot belching and taking a dump...

These rules would eliminate most of the Chinese tourists...

So you want to copy Japan it seems? Sorry for the questions:

1. There are currently no (or very few) bins along the roads to put your garbage, hence how do you want to help avoid the littering?
  2. The guys in charge of enforcing such rules are not particuarly known for being honest, untouchable officers. Thus how will you make sure that the rules are enforced in the public interest (and not in the interest of an individual)?
  3. Just by saying stuff does not make these things happen, how will you teach the public not to spit, snot or litter to protect the city's environment (and please don't use the money on useless billboards)?

Good. This is a good way to raise extra revenue while making the place look cleaner. Hopefully a few million Chinese-originated baht per year for spitting, and several million Thai-originated baht for littering.

I wish this was a central government initiative to affect the whole country.

Taxi drivers will be pleased to know that there is no objection or law to pulling over and taking a leak or a crap wherever you happen to be.

Who are the idiots that thought this up? Maybe the cops should spend a little time enforcing the traffic laws before spending the tax payers money on ridiculous things like ticketing people for spitting on the sidewalk!