Security camera, where to buy.

Pond Life

I'm looking for a security camera.

It needs to work at night, infra red.

Powered by 12-48 Vdc.

Large data storage, up to a weeks worth of video.

Be capable of giving an image where a face is recognisable from about 3 meters.

Any suggestions ?

Personal experiences ?

I have something that almost fits the bill fitted to my car.

But the image quality is not good enough & I doubt if it could store a weeks worth of data.

Thanks

There is a shop downstairs in Panthip (at the back near the rear entrance) that does all sorts of Security cameras. Even if they don't have what you want they can probably point you in the right direction.

Yesterday when I went to Sausage King for breakfast I noticed a security camera being set up on a 'Telegraph' pole, this is coming from main road that pasts Mechock plaza.

The camera was pointing up the road and located just past the Eat for Earth restaurant, on opposite side of road.

On returning the installation crew where setting up a second camera pointing toward the first.

In between there was 'Only a single house !'

john

Generally speaking it is better to have a separate recording unit that you connect a number of cameras to. That recoding unit is locked somewhere away from the cameras on a UPS.

Otherwise its as simple as removing the camera and your evidence is gone.

You can use Power over Internet to provide both signal and power using one ethernet cable.

Personally I use HIKVISION Cameras, they provide up to 4 Megapixel resolution and their price is not expensive considering their high quality (around $100 each camera)

I ordered mine directly from China using aliexpress.com. Many models are available, most of them with night vision.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

The property is remote with only a dc solar power system.

I guess I could run it from a car USB adapter.

Wifi not available, but mobile connection is.

Its a barn with farm equipment in it, I dont want to leave a computer there as it will be something else to steal.

Thanks & keep em coming.

lazada on line shoping pay at your door

Be very careful with them. A lot of their electronic products have ZERO warranty.

Not only that but, they don't even come in original packaging (in my case anyways). Ordered a Mac product and all I got is the product without the original apple box, manual, etc. Only the product thrown inside a brown box with nothing else. It does work, but very suspicious.