Family found dead in apparent murder-suicide in Bangkok

webfact

Family found dead in apparent murder-suicide
By Coconuts Bangkok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB5ce71whPg

BANGKOK: -- A family of four was found shot to death in their home in Bangkok’s Taling Chan district last night, which police believed to be a case of murder-suicide.

The bodies of a 46-year-old man and his 36-year-old wife, along with their 9-year-old daughter and 13-year-old son were found lying near each other in a bedroom of their townhouse in the Kaew Villa housing estate in Soi Charan Sanitwong 35.

A gun was found near the body of the 46-year-old father, police said, adding that every window was locked from the inside. [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/06/09/family-found-dead-apparent-murder-suicide

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-06-09

How on earth could someone in their right mind shoot their children like that poor kids never had a chance on life, he must have been mental or high on yaba or alcohol ..... hope the kids and wife RIP, a very sad ending indeed.

Edited by Sheryl
Thai-bashing comment removed by Moderator

The BKK Post said he had been out of work for three years, but drank with his friends at a near-by grocery store.

I will never understand some men. Out of work, but money to drink, I guess wife worked. This is very sad, but more typical of the way some deal with their problems. How can you be out of work when 7/11 hires all the time, construction laborers needed all the time. I would not feel sorry for him, but do for wife and children !! God Bless them or who ever they believed in, at any rate we are all God's creatures.

How on earth could someone in their right mind shoot their children like that poor kids never had a chance on life, he must have been mental or high on yaba or alcohol .... hope the kids and wife RIP, a very sad ending indeed.

If you ever read news outside of Thailand, you will see, this is quite a common occurrence in the United States. Sadly, a number of such incidents happen which is rather uncommon in Thailand.

Edited by Sheryl
quote edited

The BKK Post said he had been out of work for three years, but drank with his friends at a near-by grocery store.

I will never understand some men. Out of work, but money to drink, I guess wife worked. This is very sad, but more typical of the way some deal with their problems. How can you be out of work when 7/11 hires all the time, construction laborers needed all the time. I would not feel sorry for him, but do for wife and children !! God Bless them or who ever they believed in, at any rate we are all God's creatures.

How can you be out of work-Thats what I ask about my wife's brother, but so long as there is some money filtering through from me to the family I guess he does not need to work.

How on earth could someone in their right mind shoot their children like that poor kids never had a chance on life, he must have been mental or high on yaba or alcohol ...hope the kids and wife RIP, a very sad ending indeed.

If you ever read news outside of Thailand, you will see, this is quite a common occurrence in the United States. Sadly, a number of such incidents happen which is rather uncommon in Thailand.

I agree that the individual who apparently did this, if true, was reprehensible, but this sort of thing is far more common in farang land than Thailand.

Interesting how many posters insist on withholding judgement in any situation that involves a farang ("there's more to this story"), but rush into making disparaging comments about all Thai males based on conjecture regarding a single incident "reported" by the paragon of impartial news reporting, Coconuts.

Certainly hypocritical when considering how many farang come to Thailand for reasons that hardly warrant pontificating about moral superiority.

Edited by Sheryl
quote edited

How can you be out of work-Thats what I ask about my wife's brother, but so long as there is some money filtering through from me to the family I guess he does not need to work.

better you than me/us

A similar thing happened a few years ago to a family whose children attended the school I worked at. Apparently the father had taken out huge loans from the mafia who threatened his wife and young children when he couldn't keep up repayments. So he shot them all before turning the gun on himself.

Both cases very sad.

An act like this is beyond comprehension for ordinary people, no amount of experience or training can allow or provide an explanation for this. I can only think of some kind of temporary insanity when he carried out this heinous crime.

The children and wife would have been totally blameless and innocent, victims of whatever warped and damaged emotions were driving this man's actions. While no one can excuse or condone what has happened, depression can be a mind altering and devastating condition, this will not be the first or last loss of life due to the Black Dog.

An incredibly sad and tragic event, commiserations and condolences to the family and friends left behind...

Thank you for a heart felt post. There is so much more to it than just go to 7-11 etc. get a job. He was conquered and gave up. If we really stopped and listened to people, we'd see broken spirits more often and maybe we could help. There are lot of good people in the world. Many of them hoping and praying to meet some of the posters.

The BKK is pretty good news source. However, they get paid to say things.

RIP to his wife and children and hopefully he has found the peace lacking in life.

How anyone can even consider harming their kids, drunk, high or sober is beyond me.

A sad situation, but hopefully not yet another opportunity for mindless Thai bashing.

Very sad indeed...it's actually the act of a coward as far as I am concerned, but I don't understand how it could be an opportunity for Thai bashing as it happens all over the world.

A sad situation, but hopefully not yet another opportunity for mindless Thai bashing.

Very sad indeed...it's actually the act of a coward as far as I am concerned, but I don't understand how it could be an opportunity for Thai bashing as it happens all over the world.

Never mind...I see others have proven you correct.

Never mind...I see others have proven you correct.

Indeed so. And a number of posts have been edited or deleted accordingly. Posters are reminded of forum rules regarding slurs and negative generalizations about Thais or any other group.

FYI. Let the police do an investigation before jumping to conclusions. Maybe it's not what it seems. Remember, news outlets sell copy and averts based on sensationalistic stories - true or not.

And what's the difference between a kid being shot to death, and the thousands of kids that are killed or injured on motorcycles every year. Stalin had it right. One death is a tragedy . A million is a statistic.

It is all to do with drugs.

Please source your information, otherwise it's conjecture. So you're source indicating the murder was 'all to do with drugs' came from what source? __________________________

You would be surprised how many people are happy to more or less plod along through life with no ambitions or agenda of any significance while working to obtain money is not on their minds at all while enough money, from where ever they can scrape it up from, to drink with their drinking buddies is about the extent of their imagination....but their instant experts on near any subject matter that presents itself and professional armchair critics...lol

Cheers

The people I despise even more than cowards and drunks are suicidal losers who take their whole family down the drain with them, because they can't hack it... Hope he will receive ample punishment in hell and hope that his wife and kids will find peace and love on the other side. What an unnecessary tragedy sad.png

Edited by MockingJay