Fitted rear extra cab seat. Where to buy.

Bung

Ive been looking but no luck yet. In an extra cab pickup there are no rear seats. The dealers throw in a cheap upholstered plank but i had a nicer fitted seat installed once before. Its much better for the occasional passenger back there. Any ideas?

Had this done bout 14 years ago at the carryboy dealer just south of Izusu dealer on superhighway 11, south of Big C, cross the rod from Ambassador Bilingual School

18.750661, 99.033065

Officially, it's not legal to carry passengers on the back seat. But TIT wink.png

Had this done bout 14 years ago at the carryboy dealer just south of Izusu dealer on superhighway 11, south of Big C, cross the rod from Ambassador Bilingual School

18.750661, 99.033065

Officially, it's not legal to carry passengers on the back seat. But TIT wink.png

Seriously!? That may be the most ignored rule in Thailand and that's saying something. Right after no more than two people on a motorbike. :)

18.750661, 99.033065

Seriously!? That may be the most ignored rule in Thailand and that's saying something. Right after no more than two people on a motorbike. smile.png

And you wont be insured for carrying too many passengers. But, as you say, totally ignored. Might be different if you have an accident. Probably same for the rear bed canopy you plan to fit

Its no more dangerous than people not wearing seat belts in the back of a 4 door. Maybe safer even as less distance to be thrown forward before hitting the front seats....

18.750661, 99.033065

Seriously!? That may be the most ignored rule in Thailand and that's saying something. Right after no more than two people on a motorbike. :)

Driving home last night I was following a truck which had a cage mounted in the back.

The enterprising(?) guy travelling in the back had strung up a hammock and looked quite relaxed;)

Edited by narkeddiver

For my open cab Ranger (2 front seats, bench on the back) I'm insured for 5 people in my car through my policy with AXA. Legally, the truck can only carry 3. How does that work? How does it carry three anyway?

As for the OP, I don't think there's enough room back there for proper seats. I fitted seatbelts, but its only really comfotable for kids under 30kg.

There are a few automobile models that provide seating for six: 2+2+2. I'm sure that you know this, OP, and would just like a less expensive approach to family mass transit, but such configurations (usually not that expensive, relatively, would be more comfortable and definitely safer.

Carrying people around in the back of a truck or any kind is really a bit frightening when you think about it. There are no really good provisions for safety of passengers except "hanging on."

All in all, I do not understand all the conversation about "unobserved laws" and insurance. Don't you want, basically, to get people safely from point A to point B?

Edited by Mapguy