Non Imm O extension under consideration

I applied today for a an extension of my non imm o visa and got a stamp saying "Application of stay is under consideration of immigration bureau applicant must contact this office again on July 9". This has presented me with a major headache as I have to be in the UK on July 9 with no way of getting out of having to be in the UK on that date.

What if any are my options here, Immigration in Jomtien were no help at all. Is there any way I can get the extension before, unlikely, or after that date? I'm also a dual UK passport holder so is there a way I could leave my passport that is going to have the stamp and give someone else the authority to take my passport to immigration on that day to get stamped?

Or is my only option coming back to Thailand on a tourist visa and do a run to Savvanakhet to get the Non Imm O for taking care of my kid and then doing the extension process again ? Seems that getting a non imm o for taking care of a kid is npot possible in the UK, or at least it wasn't 2 years ago when I tried to get one in Cardiff?

Any advice appreciated.

"I'm also a dual UK passport holder so is there a way I could leave my passport that is going to have the stamp and give someone else the authority to take my passport to immigration on that day to get stamped?"

If that is the passport you entered the country on, you'll need it to leave.

You could try going a couple of days early and see if it's ready. Explain the situation to the officers. Have your ticket to show them.

If you have no joy at Jomtien you might wish to consider applying for a fresh non-O for the purpose of taking care of your child from the Royal Thai Embassy in London - see http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/49. This would certainly save you another trip to Savannakhet. And it would appear from the websites of the various consulates in the UK that all applications for non-O's for this particular purpose need to be approved by the Embassy in any event. You can apply by post if you are staying a considerable distance from London.

Is this the first time you ha e applied for an extension?

This is the standard practice.

You apply and wait one month to pick it up, if it is approved.

You could have applied at an earlier date in order to complete the 30 day wait earlier.

Last year, I had a conflicting doctor's appoint on the day I was scheduled to retrn to the immigration office.

When I contacted them and asked if I could pick it up early, I was tld to call them one week early and that if it had been approved by then, I could pick it up one week early.

It was approved and I did get it a week early.

They have always been very cooperative at the Immigration office I go to. ( Korat )

You may want to give this a try.

I hope this is helpful.

Choke dee!