Yingluck misses date with NACC, claims 'urgent business'

webfact

Sorry, I am not in the mood to go through 3 pages of YS-hate.

She should have just claimed, she was sick!

Works for monks and road- killers!

Interesting legal system. The police seem to give advance warning way before actually getting around to arresting someone. People can request postponements or not turn up for the flimsiest of reasons. Bail is granted to just about everybody whatever the charge. Trials seem to get postponed ad infinitum and extradition is just too complicated to try for those that flee.

Maybe an upset tummy, headache, mushroom farmer's elbow or something next time?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For many though this is not a debate, but more like a crusade. Fired by a worked up righteous indignation, frothing with hatred and spitting vitriol, they take up the (virtual) sword, swearing not to rest until the (virtual) world is cleansed of those who do not stand by their views of what is right, and the evil which is dissent from their course is driven from the land!

A bit over the top I know, but sometimes when I read what is posted here I do wonder...

It is bizarre and somewhat pitiful. It's hardly natural that such virulent hatred could be part of someone's everyday life, so deeply ingrained in their personality as to blind them to everything else. It might be entertaining if it wasn't so dangerous.

Rather than a crusade it seems more like a concerted propaganda system in which they are paid by the post. Wouldn't put it past the fascists to infiltrate social media in that way - in fact I would be more surprised if it didn't happen. In any case, it's the only sense that can be made of apparently articulate foreigners arguing against democracy.

No one argues against democracy AFAICS

But many argue that an elected government that hands over control to a convicted criminal fugitive, breaks the law, lies and cheats, aren't acting democratically. The same government that states they only look after the interests of the large minority that voted for them. How democratic of them.

Of course all those Shin supporters, are posting out of a love for democracy and justice. A justice in which the only fair trial is one that finds in the Shins favor because they never ever do wrong.

Democracy is something the Shins have no interest in. Elections are o k as long as their minority is large enough to get them into government. If Thaksin ever gets back into power, and then loses a subsequent election you'll quickly see just how democratic he is.

It's noticeable so many posters spring up and repeat the old Shin lies, hoping perhaps those that know the facts will get fed up of correcting them. Infiltrating social media - didn't the PTP try to get their cyber police to warn people it was a crime to even click a like on someone else's post that was critical of the Shin regime?

I accept that this is fact, if it is...No problem...Doesn't invalidate my post at all....My point is that agencies with the power to depose Govts. and Prime Ministers with no accountability to the electorate is undemocratic...Who are they accountable to is my concern.

I am not surprised that an elected Govt. will seek to reduce such powers, on behalf of the electorate.....Perhaps it was part of their election platform, and they are obliged to carry out such actions when elected on such a platform.

Those agencies are called courts,I don't recall any functional Democracy where elected representatives are above the law.

correct and further -

The reason the NACC could not perform its duties is most likely they received absolutely zero co-operation from the PTP Government which effectively ruled out any sort of investigation as to were these funds came from and other matters, the NACC needed to gather evidence, it is extremely unlikely the PTP government was willing to give them such evidence and did everything they could to hide it.

This brings us on to the need for reforms and a constitution that promotes transparency and empowers these agencies to allow them to do their job and investigate.

I said it last year when the people took to the streets and demanded they step down, PTP did everything to avoid being removed as they knew fine well that they would no longer be in a position to evade and divert any investigations of their misdeeds and law breaking, they wanted an election as fast as possible because they also knew there was a chance they could win again diverting any chance of an investigation.

What we see now is an administration that supports the NACC and is allowing them access the previously withheld evidence they needed to bring these people to the courts, it will not stop here - I believe there is a lot more to come, it would be my opinion that there are a lot of very worried people in Thailand right now and maybe some have already left the country knowing full well what they have done and that they are in the line waiting to be investigated summoned and prosecuted, we have already seen a massive list (258 current count) of high ranking civil servants all being investigated for serious crimes. We also see opposition to this progress sprouting up here and there in an effort to divert, it is of little wonder and must not be allowed to succeed hence the governments strict rules on protests

I personally hope they keep working through the line and give this country a "good needed cleansing" I don't think there is much of an argument that it isn't needed, and another undeniable fact is that no past elected government has ever attempted to thwart corruption in any meaningful way - if anything they have tried to hide it and divert as they themselves are the most guilty of all

Edited by smedly

Makes you wonder why these Billionaires ever want to get involved in politics, if it was me, I would have made my Money , left the country, and be living a life of luxury in Monaco, Annecy, Nice, I wouldn't put up with the crap politicians put up with, no need to when you're a Billionaire.

Your entire life is under a microscope, no, not for me.

Edited by Banzai99

for gods sake you people get real people are sick and tired of reading about the shinawatra family there are far more pressing things to do in Thailand what she did was for the good of the people and she should not get pilloried for it.

The topic is about Yingluck, who is a Shinawatra, so what the heck are you on about.

.............."what she did was for the good of the people".....................

clap2.gif That is the same attitude my wife has when she empties my wallet - "Darling, this is for your own good, you know this money would only get you into trouble"........................cheesy.gif

................"and she should not get pilloried for it"........................

She may be an "elite" but I can tell you now, she is not an "untouchable" anymore, and she will be getting more than pilloried. And I don't think the government will have any hesitation giving her what she deserves, the gutless reds are not going to come to her rescue, and either are you guys. clap2.gif

for gods sake you people get real people are sick and tired of reading about the shinawatra family there are far more pressing things to do in Thailand what she did was for the good of the people and she should not get pilloried for it.

What did she do that was good for the people?

Try asking the people. That's called an election.

Of course, the right wing prefer to do it another way, which is called forcing their opinions down other people's throats.

The people should know better and stop voting for corrupt self-serving politicians. Otherwise they will disappointed forever.

"The people should know better and stop voting for corrupt self-serving politicians"

Amazing how many buy into that notion of demonizing Politicians as a class.

For anti-democrats that would be a given. After all, one must demonize the results of those obnoxious elections.

But to those who come from places where there is a tradition of Democracy, it seems they could see through that ideology.

Unless this is a denigration of Thailand.....That takes it out of the political arena.

Edited by Bannum opinions

so why did the NACC not pursue theses cases until now

Maybe another reason why reforms are needed so badly, this agency was obviously obstructed from doing their job

Well PT did cut the NACC budget in their attempt to combat corruption.

Whether that helped or obstructed would be up to you to decide.

I know! She's not a patch on Prayuth though - he changed the law to make himeslf immune to criticism and/or future charges for ANYTHING being brought against him! Fantastic!

Red tactic No1 when you have no answer divert. We await tactic No2; insults.

Do you realize she tried to do the same thing with the amnesty bill which caused the people to come out in protest and has led to the situation we (and she) are in today

"The people should know better and stop voting for corrupt self-serving politicians"

For anti-democrats that would be a given. After all, one must demonize the results of those obnoxious elections.

But to those who come from places where there is a tradition of Democracy, it seems they could see through that ideology.

Unless this is a denigration of Thailand.....That takes it out of the political arena.

You are making it up as you go along now, give it up you are only making a fool of yourself.

I accept that this is fact, if it is...No problem...Doesn't invalidate my post at all....My point is that agencies with the power to depose Govts. and Prime Ministers with no accountability to the electorate is undemocratic...Who are they accountable to is my concern.

I am not surprised that an elected Govt. will seek to reduce such powers, on behalf of the electorate.....Perhaps it was part of their election platform, and they are obliged to carry out such actions when elected on such a platform.

In Thailand, a government would reduce the powers of the NACC on behalf of the electorate.

What are you smoking, you think Thai people are fools. Have some respect.

Makes you wonder why these Billionaires ever want to get involved in politics, if it was me, I would have made my Money , left the country, and be living a life of luxury in Monaco, Annecy, Nice, I wouldn't put up with the crap politicians put up with, no need to when you're a Billionaire.

Oh we know why they get into politics, for opportunity to steal more. It seems that you understand "enough", for some there is never enough.

Vicha said if Yingluck fails to show up to hear the charges, the anti-graft body will take legal steps against her. Yingluck will have 15 days to defend herself after hearing the charges against her, said Vicha, adding that the focus would be on whether the payments were legally made and in accordance with the letter of the law.

Vicha - Mr. "We all know elections are evil" - you know that your case is just politically motivated against the defendants and vindictive with regard to the victims...

I can't wait to see how your karma sorts this out....

are you now speaking for everyone ? did someone elect you lol

One thing I am 100% sure of is - you don't and never will utter a single word spoken on my behalf

and yes Karma has a way - the one single thing we can agree on thumbsup.gif

Hi Smedly,

Thai current events refresher:

The part that you underline and bold in my statement is a quote from the current head of the NACC...

So that would not have been me, but rather Mr. Vicha, speaking on your behalf... wink.png

Vicha said if Yingluck fails to show up to hear the charges, the anti-graft body will take legal steps against her. Yingluck will have 15 days to defend herself after hearing the charges against her, said Vicha, adding that the focus would be on whether the payments were legally made and in accordance with the letter of the law.

Vicha - Mr. "We all know elections are evil" - you know that your case is just politically motivated against the defendants and vindictive with regard to the victims...

I don't know if your nom de plume is anything to do with that awful disease. But you are bang-on right about..., and I quote you ,

"We all know elections are evil" And especially in Thailand where every election is rigged... real elections would be very good for this nation But alas... will NEVER happen in my lifetime......gigglem.gif

I thought the post was clear... but maybe not.

Khun Vicha is the person who made that claim... http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/01/world/asia/in-thailand-some-foresee-a-coup-by-legal-means.html?_r=1

And he is one of the former military constitution drafters... Now head of the NACC - AKA the military's Lynching Mob

In Thailand, a government would reduce the powers of the NACC on behalf of the electorate.

He is a troll scorecard, he has no respect.

are you now speaking for everyone ? did someone elect you lol

One thing I am 100% sure of is - you don't and never will utter a single word spoken on my behalf

and yes Karma has a way - the one single thing we can agree on thumbsup.gif

Hi Smedly,

Thai current events refresher:

The part that you underline and bold in my statement is a quote from the current head of the NACC...

So that would not have been me, but rather Mr. Vicha, speaking on your behalf... wink.png

....rather accurately it would seem! :)

Cutting a post in half is against forum rules. You can highlight the part you wish to focus on. Edited by Nickymaster

Oh we know why they get into politics, for opportunity to steal more. It seems that you understand "enough", for some there is never enough.

Crazy hey, I could eek out the rest of my life on a Billion Dollars if I took it easy and lived to 457 years old, but in reality screw the politics, I'd be having a Hugh Hefner type party life.

So he Is saying that it was part of PTP's election platform to reduce the powers of the body that would investigate them for corruption. There you go, democracy Shin style.

Smoking... LoL Maybe he is in Amsterdam. Just kidding.

There are thing that are going to happen in Thailand that are beyond the man in streets vote or opinion, in fact, no opinion is allowed, by law.

Any guess why The General who said there would be no coup and elections would be held swiftly is now saying 2 more years and the Polls show the Thai people support him, of course you are unable to answer this, it's against the law, what a convenient law.

We're Farangs and can leave when we want, I feel sorry for the Thai people who have no choice. They're gonna get screwed by the rich like they always have done and always will do, and they can't do a thing about it.

Edited by Banzai99

There are thing that are going to happen in Thailand that are beyond the man in streets vote or opinion, in fact, no opinion is allowed, by law.

Any guess why The General who said there would be no coup and elections would be held swiftly is now saying 2 more years and the Polls show the Thai people support him, of course you are unable to answer this, it's against the law, what a convenient law.

We're Farangs and can leave when we want, I feel sorry for the Thai people who have no choice.

He said no coup??

"Thai army chief urged calm, doesn't rule out coup"

http://news.yahoo.com/thai-army-chief-urges-calm-doesn-39-t-091747388.html

Soon there will be a referendum (that's what they have been saying) on whether or not Prayuth should stay in power for a few years longer. I bet the majority wants him to stay.

I don't know if your nom de plume is anything to do with that awful disease. But you are bang-on right about..., and I quote you ,

"We all know elections are evil" And especially in Thailand where every election is rigged... real elections would be very good for this nation But alas... will NEVER happen in my lifetime......gigglem.gif

Khun Vicha is the person who made that claim... http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/01/world/asia/in-thailand-some-foresee-a-coup-by-legal-means.html?_r=1

And he is one of the former military constitution drafters... Now head of the NACC - AKA the military's Lynching Mob

Another who makes it up as they go along.

Vicha is not the head of the NACC, the NACC Secretary-General is Sansern Poljieak and the Chairman is Mr Parnthep Klanarongran. http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/nacc-head-says-feel-pressure

Vicha heads this particular enquiry.

Your extremely bias link to the NY Times proves nothing except perhaps that Khun Vicha has long term experience of the goings on within the PT party.

The NACC has been the target of the PT red lynch mob so the staff there know very well what they are capable of : http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Red-shirts-surround-NACC-head-office-30227869.html

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/NACC-head-office-hit-by-bomb-attack-30125197.html

I wouldn't put up with the crap politicians put up with

Yes, but then again, you are not a narcissistic megalomaniac with an unquenchable lust for power and money.

The other critical motivator in his case is power.

Money only goes so far to satiate a megalomaniac, he craves power in accompaniment.

He already had billions, but wasn't satisfied, he craved more money and more power, both of which could be furthered by becoming a Southeast Asian tyrannical political despot, like his model Ferdinand Marcos.

He already had the money and could have still had the power to this day if only he had been honest.

He had the potential to be a great PM but had to stuff it up for himself and the country with greed.

It was to late that he found out that it was the power that he craved over the money, by that time he had run from justice, so had to reach into his bag of dirty tricks in an attempt to get back free of all impediments.

Unfortunately for him and the country it hasn't worked and he has now left his sister in the mess she is in with multiple charges brought about by his direction (caddy).

He apparently sees no shame or accepts any responsibility for this.

The other critical motivator in his case is power.

Money only goes so far to satiate a megalomaniac, he craves power in accompaniment.

He already had billions, but wasn't satisfied, he craved more money and more power, both of which could be furthered by becoming a Southeast Asian tyrannical political despot, like his model Ferdinand Marcos.

He already had the money and could have still had the power to this day if only he had been honest.

He had the potential to be a great PM but had to stuff it up for himself and the country with greed.

It was to late that he found out that it was the power that he craved over the money, by that time he had run from justice, so had to reach into his bag of dirty tricks in an attempt to get back free of all impediments.

Unfortunately for him and the country it hasn't worked and he has now left his sister in the mess she is in with multiple charges brought about by his direction (caddy).

He apparently sees no shame or accepts any responsibility for this.

And now the new administration are going to change everything, no more cronyism, no more corruption, no more people who align with the right people getting away with anything they want, no more members of rich and powerful families getting drunk, coked up, killing policemen then being allowed out of the country, of course, all this will change,

The Generals and all the other Generals and Police Chiefs extraordinary wealth will be investigated and scritinised, also his brothers, and all the super rich Politicos that are now on the right side, they will be investigated too.

Yeah right........blink.png

For intelligent people, I have to say, your ignorance astounds me.

Edited by Banzai99

Another who makes it up as they go along.

Vicha is not the head of the NACC, the NACC Secretary-General is Sansern Poljieak and the Chairman is Mr Parnthep Klanarongran. http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/nacc-head-says-feel-pressure

Vicha heads this particular enquiry.

Your extremely bias link to the NY Times proves nothing except perhaps that Khun Vicha has long term experience of the goings on within the PT party.

The NACC has been the target of the PT red lynch mob so the staff there know very well what they are capable of : http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Red-shirts-surround-NACC-head-office-30227869.html

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/NACC-head-office-hit-by-bomb-attack-30125197.html

so I will apologize for making an inaccurate statement. Vicha is not head of the NACC. He is a commissioner and head of the committees investigating the rice program among other investigations.

So tell me, what difference does that make?

There ARE however other details which do shed light on his actions and bias, ... He was not only one of the drafters of the last military constitution, he was then appointed to the NACC as well by the 2006 military junta. Being a "military minion" could be a reason the last-elected-government tried to boot him from the NACC. You might recall that the last-elected-government and the military had a tense relationship.

In my opinion, Vicha makes a very reliable attack dog for the current group controlling Thailand.

Now, when it comes to biased links, you really want to call the NYT and Thomas Fuller biased? Well call them that if you want, I believe in Free Speech... On the other hand, I will also put you in the same clown car as the folks here always accusing the AFP of being biased. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif