Money Lender arrested after assault on woman at South Pattaya Hotel

webfact

Money Lender arrested after assault on woman at South Pattaya Hotel

money-4.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A 31 year old man, accused of assaulting a 34 year old Hotel Worker on 7th June, was arrested on Wednesday.

The assault took place at the entrance to the Beverley Plaza Hotel in South Pattaya and left Khun Duanduan with a broken arm. She was allegedly set-upon by Khun Manat, who was waiting outside of the Hotel for her.

When she emerged he attacked her and caused the injury to her arm and facial injuries caused by punches to the face.

According to the victim, she had earlier borrowed 20,000 Baht from him and had paid back most of the loan but there was 5,000 Baht outstanding. She had tried to contact Khun Manat to make further payments without success.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/199743/money-lender-arrested-after-assault-on-woman-at-south-pattaya-hotel/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-06-11

The Thai press says "a 31 year old man" instead of a Thai man. Ha it been a foreigner, the Thai press would have been quick to laud it over everyone by specifying which country he was from. Notice how the THai press refers to the extortionist respectfully by calling him "khun." We all know he is a Thai loan shark and now an accused an alleged assault an battery criminal. Depend on the Thai legerdemain here, that is who holds greater sway over the Thai police? The loan shark or the victim. We know how that will come out what with the Thai loan sharks already paying off the Thai police.

I saw a video of the assault last night on thai tv, when she was down on the floor he grabbed her by the hair and kicked her several times in the face. Meanwhile, people were walking past as if nothing was happening, truly horrible to watch

The Thai press says "a 31 year old man" instead of a Thai man. Ha it been a foreigner, the Thai press would have been quick to laud it over everyone by specifying which country he was from. Notice how the THai press refers to the extortionist respectfully by calling him "khun." We all know he is a Thai loan shark and now an accused an alleged assault an battery criminal. Depend on the Thai legerdemain here, that is who holds greater sway over the Thai police? The loan shark or the victim. We know how that will come out what with the Thai loan sharks already paying off the Thai police.

It is not practice for the news to say he was a Thai person while we are all in Thailand, and it is logical and normal to refer to someone giving their nationality if not Thai. if you were in the UK or US, the US, UK press would not refer to the perp. as an Englishman or American, however they would identify his nationality if he were an alien. BTW, it's not always easy to do, but I'm once more reminded of the saying, "Neither a borrower or lender be." Particularly don't borrow from loan sharks, she was asking for trouble. Not that what he did to her was justifiable, but you don't play with sharks if you don't want to get bitten.

You must lead a pretty sheltered live if you have never had to borrow money for food, rent or medical reasons. The problem here is there is usually on these Loan Sharks if you are from a poor family.

What ever the reason this man had no legal right to perform an Assault and Battery on this woman, and what is worse for people to just walk by. I am 80 years ole and I know for sure the ass he would have to whip would be mine. No man niot even a husband has the right to treat a woman this way. 5 to 10 years might be a good start on this guys next career !!

It is not practice for the news to say he was a Thai person while we are all in Thailand, and it is logical and normal to refer to someone giving their nationality if not Thai. if you were in the UK or US, the US, UK press would not refer to the perp. as an Englishman or American, however they would identify his nationality if he were an alien. BTW, it's not always easy to do, but I'm once more reminded of the saying, "Neither a borrower or lender be." Particularly don't borrow from loan sharks, she was asking for trouble. Not that what he did to her was justifiable, but you don't play with sharks if you don't want to get bitten.

You must lead a pretty sheltered live if you have never had to borrow money for food, rent or medical reasons. The problem here is there is usually on these Loan Sharks if you are from a poor family.

What ever the reason this man had no legal right to perform an Assault and Battery on this woman, and what is worse for people to just walk by. I am 80 years ole and I know for sure the ass he would have to whip would be mine. No man niot even a husband has the right to treat a woman this way. 5 to 10 years might be a good start on this guys next career !!

Only the lowest piece of scum would ever hit a woman. This guy needs to get what is going to come to him and lots of it. A piece of s*it that would be better off in jail

The simple answer is to set up small community (not for profit) banks that lend money to those who need at a realist rate of interest and encourage locals to save and invest in it therefore putting the loan sharks out of business and keeping more money within the community, maybe employers could also lend money to employees at a fair rate if interest.

The simple answer is to set up small community (not for profit) banks that lend money to those who need at a realist rate of interest and encourage locals to save and invest in it therefore putting the loan sharks out of business and keeping more money within the community, maybe employers could also lend money to employees at a fair rate if interest.

I don't know if it is nation wide but in my area is a credit union that loans to any of it's members with no proof of ability to repay. The ex MIL (and her best friend) maxed out her borrowing limit. After that she used her kids' names to borrow more. Guess who she will be borrowing from next. You won't put these guys out of business by offering more competition. There will always be people who no responsible institution should give credit.