Thai tourism sector targets 2.5 trillion baht revenue in 2017

webfact

Tourism sector targets 2.5 trillion baht revenue in 2017

BANGKOK, 11 June 2015, (NNT) - Minister of Tourism and Sports Kobkarn Wattanavrangkul revealed a reform plan for the tourism sector, which aims to generate at least 2.5 trillion baht in revenue by 2017.

The comment came after her meeting with the National Tourism Policy Committee chaired by Foreign Affairs Minister General Thanasak Patimaprakorn.

Ms. Kobkarn explained that of the 2017 target income, 1.6 trillion baht would come from foreign visitors and the remaining 900 billion baht would come from domestic tourists.

She said the Kingdom should be able to generate 2.3 trillion baht in revenue by 2016, of which 1.5 trillion baht would come from foreigners and 800 billion baht from locals.

As for this year, the minister expects 1.4 trillion baht from foreign visitors and another 800 billion baht from domestic travelers.

She said reforms in marketing, management, and tourism goods and services are needed in order to achieve this revenue trajectory.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-06-11 footer_n.gif

She's improving. Every single one of her goals/predictions proved to be wrong so far. And those were short term aims. Now she stretches it to two years later saying things will happen in 2017. By then the result will be the same (nada) but everyone will have forgotten the target. This may keep her in the job some longer.

Another reliable and trustworthy prognosis from the honorable Madame "wristband" Popcorn!!wai2.gifwai2.gif

She is almost Chalerm-class!! At least he could blame it on the booze, wonder what her excuse is??

and where is the value???

high price and low quality doesn't work...

Just as high quantity, low value tourists does not work either.

Ms. Kobkarn needs to take some marketing courses (preferably abroad at a properly recognized university), even if just to get a glimmer of an insight into what Thailands really needs to do to justify such goals.

Can someone post TAT's schedule for BS news releases please. If I know when I can avoid reading the news on those days.

Only on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

And repeated in the "Week in review"section of the press on Saturday and Sunday ;-)

Well, she has all the qualifications, being the wife of one of the generals!

It wouldn't matter if she was Aliens wife, it is what and how she performs. Less of all the ARMY--PM--crap it has sweet sod all to do with that, it was her domestic choice, divert the topic again for your anti army agenda ??

Well, she has all the qualifications, being the wife of one of the generals!

It wouldn't matter if she was Aliens wife, it is what and how she performs. Less of all the ARMY--PM--crap it has sweet sod all to do with that, it was her domestic choice, divert the topic again for your anti army agenda ??

You might have missed it, but she was handpicked by Mr P to her position, which she is clearly not qualified for!!

If she was the best choice within the ranks for an important Ministry, Lord have mercy................coffee1.gif

Try to connect the dots..........Gen.........PM.............Rubber stamp.........Incompetent..........Wife....Popcorn

Another reliable and trustworthy prognosis from the honorable Madame "wristband" Popcorn!!wai2.gifwai2.gif

She is almost Chalerm-class!! At least he could blame it on the booze, wonder what her excuse is??

She just keeps on throwing figures around and nobody really understands them. And possibly no one is checking her or really do care.

She just is securing her job as the general's wiife and being ms. snob.

She needs to be replaced with someone who knows and understands tourism.

Can someone post TAT's schedule for BS news releases please. If I know when I can avoid reading the news on those days.

Only on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

No no no, only on days ending in "y."

and where is the value???

high price and low quality doesn't work...

Just as high quantity, low value tourists does not work either.

Ms. Kobkarn needs to take some marketing courses (preferably abroad at a properly recognized university), even if just to get a glimmer of an insight into what Thailands really needs to do to justify such goals.

of course high quantity, low value tourists does work, also low value (you mean low spending, that doesn't make them low quality, right?) works if there are just enough of them. Who spends more 1 high spending tourist or 200 low spending?

If the high spending spends 1500 Euro per day in some shopping malls owned by rich people it is still less than the 200 spend 10 Euro at local shops who use that income to buy other things at other shops who use the money for the same.

Impossible for anyone to know how much revenue tourism brings in. At best, it is a wild guess.

Not at all it is very accurate. If you want to find out; google office of national statistics UK tourism spending. Thailand does it the same way. I would tell you but I feel the excitement of finding answers for ones self is one of the cornerstones of critical thinking skills.

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/index.html

General or statistical enquiries Tel: 0845 601 3034 / 0203 684 5069 / +44 (0) 1633 817521 (Overseas) Email: [email protected] Minicom (for the deaf or hearing impaired): +44 (0) 1633 815044 Fax: +44 (0) 1633 652747

I listed the UK offices because the procedures are the same as Thailand but their English may be better understood by our esteemed posters as to the methods of arriving at conclusions of tourist spending.

To be fair, at least she recognises that root and branch reform of the sector is required if the country's tourism sector is to prosper. For decades the policy, to the extent it could be called that, has been passive: let the numbers grow without investment in facilities, infrastructure, measuring the experience, making a user friendly environment, investing in safety ...and a host of other things.

She may be better suited to flogging fridges but she does appear to be 'having a go' at making things better....and not many before her have ever acknowledged the need to try.

Another joke by the TAT sports minister using words and phrases that she has no idea as to what they mean but she is a trier and she makes me laugh, but Not as good as Chalerm who was a source of so much amusement i do miss him lolcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Another joke by the TAT sports minister using words and phrases that she has no idea as to what they mean but she is a trier and she makes me laugh, but Not as good as Chalerm who was a source of so much amusement i do miss him lolcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Just off the top of my head I would imagine the Thai sports minister is 4 times better educated at prestigious Western universities of higher learning than you? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Wanna bet?

She: Studies in Fine Arts, Wellesley College, US; degree in Architecture, Rhode Island School of Design.
You: OK now your turn to list your education.

Just off the top of my head I would imagine the Thai sports minister is 4 times better educated at prestigious Western universities of higher learning than you? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Wanna bet?

She: Studies in Fine Arts, Wellesley College, US; degree in Architecture, Rhode Island School of Design.
You: OK now your turn to list your education.

I don't normally answer my own posts but I noticed Chupup has not come back with an answer to my question. I thought I'd list some other ladies that attended the same school as his maligned sports minister who also probably are using/used words and phrases that they have no idea as to what they mean too. Alumni of the same school are; Madame Chiang Kai Shek, Hillary Rodham Clinton and Lulu Chow Wang Founder and CEO of Tupelo Capital Management in New York. Donated $25 million to Wellesley College in 2000, the largest donation Wellesley College has ever received.

Edited by lostoday