Getting the 30d Extension

Just got mine. Followed all the advice and directions found here for Chaeng Wattana, Immigration Div 1, Bangkok.

Arrived Mo Chit BTS Station abt 1020.

Took Motobike taxi; dropped off right at the steps to the building at 1045. 200B

Walked inside, building screener checked passport, and had me sign a log.

Walked right across the vestibule to Imm Div 1 Office and checked in. A preliminary papers check and received a queue ticket.

Found my queue, only waited about 5 mins, and was seen by an IO, who did a thorough check of my application, passport & entry stamp, my passport copies (had me sign them), asked for a few add'l details, took my money, and asked me to wait outside. Time now: 1103.

My name was called and passport returned at 1140. (!)

Took another motobike back to Mo Chit BTS Station. Abt 1205. 160B

It PAYS to do your homework here! Have the TM-7 form downloaded and properly filled out with photo attached, copies of your passport id & entry stamp page, and money ready. Follow UJ's advice and go Tu-Th mid-morning (not on a holiday week). The idea is to avoid the opening-bell rush, but beat the 12noon lunch break. I had copies of my flight confirmation & hotel receipt ready, but was not asked and did not offer.

Notes:

* I only used the mototaxi because I felt I was running a bit behind. Regular taxis and busses also available as you come down from the BTS. But it's NOT walkable.

* The complex is a big battleship of a building - modern-looking. If you're anywhere near it you can't miss it.

* The fee is 1900B. They do give change.

* IMHO, the process is pretty well-oiled. The thing that gums it up is not having your paperwork in order to begin with.

Edited by hawker9000