Power consumption in Thailand breaks record for the 5th time this year

webfact

Power consumption breaks record for the 5th time this year

11-6-2558-16-35-50-wpcf_728x377.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Electricity consumption peaked to 27,345.8 megawatts at 2.23 pm on June 11 breaking all previous four records of this year since May 7, said Mr Rerngchai Kongthong, director of electricity system control section of the Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand (Egat), on Thursday.

The peak record on May 7 was 27,198 megawatts.

He observed all the five records of peak electricity consumption were registered during the onset of the rainy season.

The Egat has taken precautions to ensure enough electricity to meet the increasing needs, he said and urged members of the public to conserve power usage in accordance with the advice of Egat which include cleaning up airconditioners, switching off electrical bulbs which are not used, keeping the temperature of airconditioning system at 25 degree Celsius.

All the aforementioned measures if implemented will help save energy by about 10 percent, said Mr Rerngchai

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/power-consumption-breaks-record-for-the-5th-time-this-year

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-06-11

I got a new air condition. The old on was about 15 Years old. Now i have a new Samsung. Actually i thought, the new one would save notable electricity. But my monthly bill is perhaps 5-7% lower then before. Not more. Quite disappointing.

Edited by alocacoc

I got a new air condition. The old on was about 15 Years old. Now i have a new Samsung. Actually i thought, the new one would save notable electricity. But my monthly bill is perhaps 5-7% lower then before. Not more. Quite disappointing.

u need an -Inverter type of A/C to save $$

My a/c at the moment..... build in unit from YORK, worst brand in the world i guess.....eating 4500-5000b electric per month ... for my 49sqm . . . . not so Fun . . . .

Before Daikin inverter , studio 45sqm same amount of active hours (20h) per day . . . . was , about 1700-2000b per /m. excluded 2fans and 1less Computer and 1less 50" Tv.

Edited by oMega69

My a/c at the moment..... build in unit from YORK, worst brand in the world i guess.....eating 4500-5000b electric per month ... for my 49sqm . . . . not so Fun . . . .

Before Daikin inverter , studio 45sqm same amount of active hours (20h) per day . . . . was , about 1700-2000b per /m. excluded 2fans and 1less Computer and 1less 50" Tv.

I have built in (concealed) York that need replacing and I want to replace with Inverter type but stay with the concealed version, do you know what's available?

My living room is 60 sqm

Thanks in advance for any constructive feedback.

Inverter A/Cs will indeed reduce your electric bill over a fixed speed A/C, but only if the inverter is properly sized/not undersized. If the inverter is undersized for your area then the inverter's compressor pretty much runs at full capacity all the time trying to cool the area versus being able to reduce its speed/capacity (and electric usage). The compressor in your A/C, inverter or fixed speed, is the energy hog which uses 90 to 95% of your A/C system's power usage so the less the compressor runs the lower your electric bill.

Inverters cost significantly more than a fixed speed A/C which can tempt a person to get an inverter a little smaller than recommended for your area only then to find out the electric bill is not reduced or reduced very little because the inverter's compressor must pretty much run at full speed all the time to adequately cool the area....a person has basically turned their inverter A/C into a fixed speed A/C negating an energy savings.

As a species, we better figure out how to decrease our power consumption. We're dooming our descendants to a lot of turmoil, and lousy lives.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

Well you can save a lot alone if the filling is correct.

Inverter A/Cs will indeed reduce your electric bill over a fixed speed A/C, but only if the inverter is properly sized/not undersized. If the inverter is undersized for your area then the inverter's compressor pretty much runs at full capacity all the time trying to cool the area versus being able to reduce its speed/capacity (and electric usage). The compressor in your A/C, inverter or fixed speed, is the energy hog which uses 90 to 95% of your A/C system's power usage so the less the compressor runs the lower your electric bill.

Inverters cost significantly more than a fixed speed A/C which can tempt a person to get an inverter a little smaller than recommended for your area only then to find out the electric bill is not reduced or reduced very little because the inverter's compressor must pretty much run at full speed all the time to adequately cool the area....a person has basically turned their inverter A/C into a fixed speed A/C negating an energy savings.

Makes sense but the other side of that coin is the retailers who try to flog oversized for the area, presumably because they make more profit.

just few days ago I received the highest ever electricty bill in 15 years of living in Asia :-(

to make up for the cost, it is plain rice and NAAM PBLAAO only until end of this month

I watch my electric meter pretty close and already know this month's bill will be my highest so far for this calendar year...it's been HOT!!!

I too plan to put my family on a plain rice and water diet for the next month but I plan to stick to my HiSo diet and beer....someone needs to stay healthy (well, really fat) to pay the bills and monitor the electric meter. tongue.png

just few days ago I received the highest ever electricty bill in 15 years of living in Asia :-(

to make up for the cost, it is plain rice and NAAM PBLAAO only until end of this month

I watch my electric meter pretty close and already know this month's bill will be my highest so far for this calendar year...it's been HOT!!!

I too plan to put my family on a plain rice and water diet for the next month but I plan to stick to my HiSo diet and beer....someone needs to stay healthy (well, really fat) to pay the bills and monitor the electric meter. tongue.png

My electricity bill actually decreases in the summer, I think the warmer air must be easier for the fans to blow around. Acclimatisation is a great idea with only one drawback, I often feel cold when in Brisbane.

My electricity bill actually decreases in the summer, I think the warmer air must be easier for the fans to blow around. Acclimatisation is a great idea with only one drawback, I often feel cold when in Brisbane.

Sorry for your troubles