Police chief says he has received Thaksin's rank resolution from police panel

webfact

Police chief says he has received Thaksin's rank resolution from police panel

11-6-2558-16-11-52-wpcf_728x410.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Pol Gen Somyot Pumpunmuang said Thursday that he had already received the latest amended resolution to strip fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra of his police rank from the panel of Pol Gen Chaiya Siriamphankul, an advisor to the Royal National Police Office.

The national police chief said that he had glanced through the latest resolution and found it fine but, in order to be absolutely sure, he would assign his legal team to look at it more cautiously to make sure that it is complete.

He expected to hear from his legal team in 1-2 days after which, if everything is alright, he would then pass on the case to the office of the secretary-general of the prime minister for consideration.

The national police sent back the resolution to Gen Chaiya’s panel twice, firstly on the ground that the resolution was not signed by some panel members and, secondly, the resolution was incomplete.

The resolution to strip Thaksin of his police rank was unanimously endorsed by Gen Chaiya’s panel.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-chief-says-he-has-received-thaksins-rank-resolution-from-police-panel

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-06-11

est muy estrango, surely convicted criminals do not work for the police force??? seriously, I'm sure thats why he's not in the country, how can he keep his rank in the police if he is convicted criminal?

est muy estrango, surely convicted criminals do not work for the police force??? seriously, I'm sure thats why he's not in the country, how can he keep his rank in the police if he is convicted criminal?

A convicted criminal who jumped bail before sentencing.

And the childrens power struggle continues.................coffee1.gif

Somyot vs Chaiya !!

Rule of law in Thailand? My observations are they EVERYBODY does what they bloody well want. Anarchy anyone? Certainly not community/country minded IMO.

Taksin should have been stripped of his police rank as soon as he was convicted of corruption. As Mmh8 says, no other country in the civilised world allows criminals to remain policemen.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh the significant reality is "civilized." How can a nation WITHOUT RULE OF LAW be - even remotely - associated with civility?

Even though Somyot will retire at the end of the year, he had better get his ass in gear before Prayut begins his Phase Three reforms: AN OVERHAUL of the police is among several reform efforts yet to be carried out in the third stage of the government's road map; Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha has told a joint meeting of the Cabinet and the National Council for Peace and Order. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/832315-third-phase-thai-reforms-in-pipeline/ Somyot has to soon decide if he wants to get on Thaksin's bad side or if he wants to get on Prayut's bad side. Somyot is between a rock an a hard place.

The Thai way. "I have considered this in great detail and therefore pass it to 'another party' ....who receives said proposal for consideration and, after consideration, then passes it onto 'another party' >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ad infinitum.

Not one person in this 'administration' can make a binding decision - nor should they!

Taksin should have been stripped of his police rank as soon as he was convicted of corruption. As Mmh8 says, no other country in the civilised world allows criminals to remain policemen.

Are you inferring that Thailand belongs in that rather vague world classification you mention?

There are plenty of bad buggers retaining their rank and their control in countries that have a much better degree of democracy than this place.

Wake up friend your in Thailand, who claimed its civilized here where money is God.

Oh my god not again! Will someone remove this cracked record.

Oh my god not again! Will someone remove this cracked record.
Just to make sure nobody forgets.