PM wants media to stop wasting his time with nonsensical questions

Lite Beer

This is where Robert Amsterdam needs to come in and smooth out Prayut's rough edges again.

In these instances he reminds me so much of yingluck when she was PM and running from the media's questions. Although I must admit yingluck had a slightly different approach. She usually ignored the media or if you pulled the string on her back to make her talk she said "I was not informed of this".

Imagine what the reaction would be if he used that approach towards the media.

Part of a democracy is being open to media questioning ergo open to public scrutiny. Prayut never ever purported to be democratic yet still allows media to ask him questions of which he answers more of than the previous leader who stated at every sound byte "I am democratic".

He really does need an Amsterdam in his corner though.

troll again and again

The thread is about the General and media and you find a way of bringing up your unabashed prejudices about Yingluck "was worse than him" the thread is NOT about that - give it a REST

I am sorry my dear friend it is not about any General and the media. It is about the Prime Minister and the media. You are not able to explain to me what the article is about yet lecture me on my reaction to it?? Quite perplexing to say the least.

To make it a bit easier to understand for you my friend I will extrapolate. I was in fact making a comparison between this prime ministers interactions with the media in comparison with the previous prime ministers interactions with the media while making one ponder the stark difference in reactions when one PM ignores the media who proclaimed to be democratic while the other is abrupt with the media while never purporting to be democratic.

When yingluck was PM and ignored the media she was defended by the very same people denouncing this PM for being abrupt...If he ignored the media would those same people defend him? Of course not.

Apologies if you didn't understand the article, but that is no reason to react toward me this way.

Have great day my dear friend.

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha told the media not to waste his time by repeatedly asking him whether he would stay on

did you READ this?

I am not your 'dear friend' you patronizing fool and the thread is not about Yingluck and it is the CURRENT PM who wants to shut down and shut up press freedom although right wing fools like you will never understand rights and freedoms under a democracy

Edited by LannaGuy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He should just shut the media down. They can't say anything or ask anything anyway. It's the right thing to do yo let him alone to o his job. He doesn't need governance an the Thai people don't nee or want it.

I hope you are being sarcastic, if not you must live in a world of your own and I hope you stay there

He should just shut the media down. They can't say anything or ask anything anyway. It's the right thing to do yo let him alone to o his job. He doesn't need governance an the Thai people don't nee or want it.

Just shutdown the entire network communications of Thailand for eternity, problem solved....

Agreed. The Internet is an outside interference, nothing more than a plot by the wicked West.

Access to the Internet should be reserved exclusively for the 'good people'. The buffalo proles would be much happier and much more 'Thai' without it.

He leads with his chin every time and yet appears to have a glass jaw. The constant moaning about the media is more reminiscent of a schoolyard bully than a soldier of rank. Are his colleagues too scared to tell him that he needs to listen to some advice about how to present his message to best effect?

I well imagine they try, but he is too dense or pig headed to heed good advice.

This is where Robert Amsterdam needs to come in and smooth out Prayut's rough edges again.

In these instances he reminds me so much of yingluck when she was PM and running from the media's questions. Although I must admit yingluck had a slightly different approach. She usually ignored the media or if you pulled the string on her back to make her talk she said "I was not informed of this".

Part of a democracy is being open to media questioning ergo open to public scrutiny. Prayut never ever purported to be democratic yet still allows media to ask him questions of which he answers more of than the previous leader who stated at every sound byte "I am democratic".

troll again and again

The thread is about the General and media and you find a way of bringing up your unabashed prejudices about Yingluck "was worse than him" the thread is NOT about that - give it a REST

The fascists in our midst are entitled to express themselves, it's a free country [giggle, giggle], but the degree to which they are obsessed with particular persons, not just the concept of democracy, is, in a word, loony.

>> Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha told the media not to waste his time by repeatedly asking him whether he would stay on, whether he would stick to his roadmap or on reforms.<< Quote

Sums it up nicely!!

On his mission to serve the elite and the institution, the people of Thailand is a mere "inconvenience".........coffee1.gif

troll again and again

The fascists in our midst are entitled to express themselves, it's a free country [giggle, giggle], but the degree to which they are obsessed with particular persons, not just the concept of democracy, is, in a word, loony.

yes I stand corrected you are quite right so apologies to DJJamie and his loony right wing mate Mikemac (and all the others) lol

Edited by LannaGuy

Quote from a foreign web page:

The government has instructed journalists to only ask questions at press conferences, that are not annoying the members of the government and could damage their reputation.

General Suchart Ponput, responsible for Public Relations said that journalists should only ask constructive questions to the prime minister and cabinet members that will not raise any conflicts or confrontations.

Beat the system by the system. I suggest from now on journalists attending his “press conferences” should only ask questions like these:

How are you today?

Did you have lunch already?

Who is your tailor?

What is your favorite Shopping Mall?

Do you prefer tea or coffee for breakfast?

If ten journalists would follow this, he may understand how damaging this is for his reputation in the international community.

I sort of understand his frustrations, how many times does he need to answer the same stupid questions over and over, he has made it very plain in the press and on his Friday weekly briefings exactly what his intentions are, there are a lot of "what ifs" and from what I have read he has done his best to answer

Why not just take literally a minute to actually answer the bloody question then you need not be continually asked. It isn't rocket science.

Surely the Thai public you purport to represent have a right to know what is going on?

Q: PM, will you stay on?
PM: don't know yet, it depends.
Q: could you elaborate, please?
PM: I have a task set to be performed, concluded. If I need to answer lots of your silly questions, I may need more time.
Q: PM, will you stick to your roadmap?
PM: Yes, but changes may be forced on us.
Q: What do you mean by that?
PM: Some reforms may still be discussed, formulated. We have to wait for that.
Q: Which reforms?
PM: ask the NRC, they're still at it and didn't report to the NLA yet.
Q: Rumour has it the NRC is told to reject the draft constitution ...
PM: (interrupting) Do I now need to discuss rumour with you as well? Any more questions? No? Right, then I can go back to work.
Of course, PM Prayut has the drawback of not being able to smile as sweetly as Ms. Yingluck. Pity really.
Edited by rubl

Why not just take literally a minute to actually answer the bloody question then you need not be continually asked. It isn't rocket science.

Surely the Thai public you purport to represent have a right to know what is going on?

PM: I have a task set to be performed, concluded. If I need to answer lots of your silly questions, I may need more time.

PM: (interrupting) Do I now need to discuss rumour with you as well? Any more questions? No? Right, then I can go back to work.

Of course, PM Prayut has the drawback of not being able to smile as sweetly as Ms. Yingluck. Pity really.

Your point being?

If PM and his cohorts stopped making stupid statements the media might not ask stupid questions. Thats assuming the PM would understand something sensible!

I really doubt this statement. Every country that has a modicum of media freedom has media people who ask stupid questions. Even the American presidental press corps folks sometimes get carried away and ask really dumb questions, over and over again. Some people say, "Asked and answered", other times it's, "no comment", but some press people keep asking anyway. coffee1.gif Methinks that some press people just like to hear themselves talk. Like they have something important to say. gigglem.gif

troll again and again

yes I stand corrected you are quite right so apologies to DJJamie and his loony right wing mate Mikemac (and all the others) lol

Do you miss Costas as much as I do? There are some loony substitutes in this thread, aren't there, but he was a Premier League unto himself.

Not sure what is in the General's heart but as far as trying to run the country as a PM goes he has proved to be a bit of a dud.

Cannot really compare him to Yingluck except for the fact that neither had any political experience before becoming leader of the country.

The lady I buy bananas and grapes from in Wororot Market could have run the country better than Yingluck.

I think his biggest fault is that he is still thinking and acting like an army General and it is not working. You may be able to get away with it in the Army but you cannot talk to people like they are s**t in his present position.

I have been called an ass licking junta lover by some of the morons who haunt this forum but the truth is the only good things that come out of the coup was to rein in the out of control PTP party, stopping the murder of people on the streets by the redshirts, and paying the farmers the money they have been owed for ages.

The rest has been pretty ordinary and I don't blame people calling for elections. I am not attacking the junta but I think it is time the soldiers returned to their barracks.

I know that lady in Warorot Mike, she is good

>> Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha told the media not to waste his time by repeatedly asking him whether he would stay on, whether he would stick to his roadmap or on reforms.<< Quote

Sums it up nicely!!

On his mission to serve the elite and the institution, the people of Thailand is a mere "inconvenience".........coffee1.gif

I will make the general very angry by asking 2 stupid questions.

1) Does he receive a salary?

2) If yes, where does that money come from?

On second thoughts and due to the laws of Thailand I withdraw both questions, could violate

Your point being?

"Why not just take literally a minute to actually answer the bloody question then you need not be continually asked."

The reforms are in the second stage... did I miss something ?

He maybe refers to worsening education, economy slow down, no foreign investors anymore, tourism cut half... indeed that's in the second stage...

Your point being?

"Why not just take literally a minute to actually answer the bloody question then you need not be continually asked."

No, you are just hinting at what your point might be or not, depending on the political climate. What is your actual opinion on the matter?

The reforms are in the second stage... did I miss something ?

He maybe refers to worsening education, economy slow down, no foreign investors anymore, tourism cut half... indeed that's in the second stage...

On 30 May 2014, the General outlined the 3-step roadmap...

The first phase focusing on national reconciliation will take at least three months.
In the second phase, a legislative council will be established to select an interim Prime Minister, cabinet members, and draft a new constitution. A reform council will also be established to resolve existing conflicts, with solutions that can be accepted by all sides
The third phase will see a general election take place under a democratic system which is accepted by all sides. Depending on the situation and cooperation from all sides, election is expected within one and a half years.
However, recently the 3-step roadmap has morphed into the 3-stage or 3-phase reform process that sort of parallels the roadmap. On 12 June....
"The prime minister said the government had completed reform under the first stage of the road map.
Those areas include restoring peace and order in the country, social reforms such as regulating street vendors, motorcycle taxis and gambling dens, cracking down on forest encroachments and corruption and regulating migrant workers.
Major problems the government said had been solved during the second stage of the road map include human trafficking, forest encroachment, solving the economic slowdown with economic stimulus measures, developing the digital economy and dual rail tracks, building roads, improving the air quality and water transport, and boosting tourism."
Evidently, all kinds of problems have been solved with very little publicity. whistling.gif
And up ahead?
"The other uncompleted areas of reform are the South, energy, basic infrastructure development, strengthening farmers and communities, education and teaching, natural resource rehabilitation and waste management, the Asean road map and the bureaucracy."
Should be completed just in time for the elections. coffee1.gif
Edited by phoenixdoglover

Not sure what is in the General's heart but as far as trying to run the country as a PM goes he has proved to be a bit of a dud.

Cannot really compare him to Yingluck except for the fact that neither had any political experience before becoming leader of the country.

The lady I buy bananas and grapes from in Wororot Market could have run the country better than Yingluck.

I think his biggest fault is that he is still thinking and acting like an army General and it is not working. You may be able to get away with it in the Army but you cannot talk to people like they are s**t in his present position.

I have been called an ass licking junta lover by some of the morons who haunt this forum but the truth is the only good things that come out of the coup was to rein in the out of control PTP party, stopping the murder of people on the streets by the redshirts, and paying the farmers the money they have been owed for ages.

The rest has been pretty ordinary and I don't blame people calling for elections. I am not attacking the junta but I think it is time the soldiers returned to their barracks.

"but I think it is time the soldiers returned to their barracks."

Just because people want it to happen, that doesn't mean it will happen.

troll again and again

Don't feed the troll if you think it's a troll !

Or sit back and smirk if you reckon the man's a send-up of the anti-Reds. :)