beans.

meatboy

as heinz tomato ketchup is one of their best sellers here in thailand,what about the beans.

i mean BEANZ MEANZ HEINZ.

so come on heinz lets have some,thais like a good FART.gigglem.gif DONT WE ALL.biggrin.png

Dried beans are available at Makro .. .just cooked some Pintos 'Brown Beans' a couple of weeks ago. I just got some more... McGarrett Brand.

There are several brands of 'baked beans' but none of them are remarkable in any sense... I can cook better.

I have seen off and on dry white 'navy' beans and white beans of larger and smaller type. Dry Kidney Beans are very common.

i have tried brook not bad,the last lot went in the bin good job the wife only bought 1tin[forgot the name].

dont forget these are famous all round the world.

remember blazing saddle's.

i will try some of them pintos,did you just add tomato ketchup [slightly diluted]

I prefer Ayam Baked beans from Malaysia, nice big beans,

3 lge tins 104 THB from Makro,

I make different meals with them, fry some chopped up onion,

add the beans,then add a dollop of B.B.Q. sauce, or curry,

nice change with bacon,black pudding,sausages.

You always have a quick meal or snack or quick meal with some

tins of beans in the larder.

regards Worgeordie

I also love Heinz baked beans.... The more you eat ,the more you fart, the more you fart , the better you feel, so we eat baked beans for every meal. ( Heinz baked beans song from the 60s )

i once served up breakfast for les battersby,[coro.street] actor what did he ask me for?A PLATE OF HEINZ BAKED BEANZ.

Don't know where you guys are based but if you are feeling a bit rich then Friendship in Pattaya does have Heinz Baked Beans. I prefer to pay the price for Brook.

Edited by RabC

Any bean is better than the offering from Ayam (Philippine ?) as so sweet - not sure how much sugar they use but awful bah.gif

Ayam are Malaysian. Agree that the standard beans are far too sweet. Suggest try the 'Light' version. Much reduced in sugar and salt.

Personally prefer 'Brook' as substitute for Heinz.

I also love Heinz baked beans.... The more you eat ,the more you fart, the more you fart , the better you feel, so we eat baked beans for every meal. ( Heinz baked beans song from the 60s )

The version I learnt was

'Baked beans are good for your heart

the more you eat the more you fart

the more you fart the better your heart

baked beans are good for you heart'.

We thought this hilarious.

Brook are an acceptable substitute - in fact I now prefer the taste of them to Heinz.

For me, McGarrett after that.

brooks beanz i wonder were the named after the director of that great scene he created around the camp fire,singing BLOWING IN THE WIND.

Heinz are one of the worst beans around....HP are far superior but not seen them here and Brookes beans come a close second...just my opinion of course

Another opinion from an old fart ( same as me )

Personaly I think Honze Thonz bleens flom M B K praza are great . A bit on the spicy side thou.

Heinz are one of the worst beans around....HP are far superior but not seen them here and Brookes beans come a close second...just my opinion of course

Are you for real?

HP beans are a poor substitute for Heinz baked beans

I said it was just my opinion...and yes, I'm quite real thanks

I personally find the Ayam brand too sweet. Brooks is better but still a bit sweet. I did find one brand at TescoLotus quite some time ago which was not too bad. I think it was UFC brand but not sure.

Many of the brands taste sweet. I tend to add some pepper and vinegar or Worcester sauce while cooking. Maybe some paprika or chilli.

Oh beans! as a Hispanic American I grew up my whole life on beans of various varieties. However I was doing a lot of work in England in the late 80's and became addicted (much to my Mothers disgust) on the English version of Heinz Baked Beans, I think since they seemed to be served with just about everything there.

So the combination of massive amounts of sugar and God knows what artificial flavorings/colors, I was turned in a Junkie.

Here in Thailand I have no one fighting with me for the last spoonful, so I buy these little individual packs...All For Meeeeeeeeee

post-97442-0-18112300-1434497809_thumb.j

Edited by GinBoy2

The version I learnt was

'Baked beans are good for your heart

the more you eat the more you fart

the more you fart the better your heart

baked beans are good for you heart'.

We thought this hilarious.

Another one.

Beans Beans the musical fruit

The more you eat the more you toot

The more you toot the better you feel

So eat them at every meal.

I have a few cans of beans now and I would like to turn them into "Baked Beans". What should I add to them?

Onion

salt

pepper

Heinz Ketchup

Any other ideas?

The best baked beans I have ever had in Pattaya come from Lone Star Texas Grill.

I have a few cans of beans now and I would like to turn them into "Baked Beans". What should I add to them?

Onion

salt

pepper

Heinz Ketchup

Any other ideas?

The best baked beans I have ever had in Pattaya come from Lone Star Texas Grill.

dont forget the FART POWDER amazon.com.licklips.gif

Onion

salt

pepper

Heinz Ketchup

Any other ideas?

dont forget the FART POWDER amazon.com.licklips.gif
I thought the fart powder was special to Heinz UK so could only be found on Amazon.co.uk ......? Edited by RabC

Onion

salt

pepper

Heinz Ketchup

Any other ideas?

I will sometimes fry up a few slices of bacon, remove from the pan and crumble (or you can dice before frying). In the pan of bacon drippings I'll sauté some diced onion until opaque. Add the beans and reserved crumbled bacon back to pan along with a few drops of Worcestershire sauce. Stir to mix well, salt and pepper to taste and if in an oven proof skillet pop into a 180 C oven for about 30 minutes. Or, dump the mixture into a baking dish and put in the oven. Baking reduces the moisture content and makes for a thicker final product (actual baked beans). If you don't have an oven, just carefully cook the mixture down a little being careful not to burn. Stir often if cooking on the stove top.

Frying up some ham that has a bit of fat on it works well also, as does diced smoked sausage or even frankfurters if that's what you have on hand.

Onion

salt

pepper

Heinz Ketchup

Any other ideas?

I will sometimes fry up a few slices of bacon, remove from the pan and crumble (or you can dice before frying). In the pan of bacon drippings I'll sauté some diced onion until opaque. Add the beans and reserved crumbled bacon back to pan along with a few drops of Worcestershire sauce. Stir to mix well, salt and pepper to taste and if in an oven proof skillet pop into a 180 C oven for about 30 minutes. Or, dump the mixture into a baking dish and put in the oven. Baking reduces the moisture content and makes for a thicker final product (actual baked beans). If you don't have an oven, just carefully cook the mixture down a little being careful not to burn. Stir often if cooking on the stove top.

Frying up some ham that has a bit of fat on it works well also, as does diced smoked sausage or even frankfurters if that's what you have on hand.

I did add Worchester Sauce and apple cider vinegar. I don't have bacon at this time. I will try the diced fatty ham for sure.

I will try the diced fatty ham for sure.

If the ham doesn't quite render out enough drippings to sauté the diced onions, just toss in a dab of butter. You won't need much, just enough to keep the onions from sticking.

I prefer Ayam Baked beans from Malaysia, nice big beans,

3 lge tins 104 THB from Makro,

I make different meals with them, fry some chopped up onion,

add the beans,then add a dollop of B.B.Q. sauce, or curry,

nice change with bacon,black pudding,sausages.

You always have a quick meal or snack or quick meal with some

tins of beans in the larder.

regards Worgeordie

Quick meal as a kid was ,on an enamel plate grilled cheese and beans sometimes with slices of tomatoe on top of the cheese.

rijit