Indonesia waives visa requirements for 45 countries

Indonesia waives visa requirements for 45 countries

13-6-2558-10-24-01-wpcf_728x413.jpg

JAKARTA: -- In a bid to boost tourism, Indonesian President Joko Widodo on Tuesday signed the presidential regulation on visa-free travel for citizens from 45 countries, The Jakarta Globe reported.

According the Cabinet Secretariat website, citizen from those countries are allowed to stay for 30 days but the visit permit cannot be extended or changed to other stay permits.

Citizens from the member states of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations as well as from several other states could already travel to the country visa-free, but the complete list of visa-free states and territories is now:

Singapore, Thailand, Myanmar, Brunei, Malaysia, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Philippines, Chile, Morocco, Peru, Ecuador, Hong Kong, Macau, China, Russia, South Korea, Japan, United States, Canada, New Zealand, Mexico, United Kingdom, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Belgium, Sweden, Austria, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, and South Africa.

Australians, the third-largest group of foreign visitors after Singaporeans and Malaysians, will still need a visa to enter the country, although tourists can buy one on arrival.

The five international airports through which citizens of the 45 countries and territories can enter Indonesia visa-free are Soekarno-Hatta in Jakarta, Ngurah Rai in Bali, Kuala Namu in Medan, Juanda in Surabaya and Hang Nadim in Batam.

Sri Bintan and Tanjung Uban seaports in Bintan Island and Sekupang and Batam Center ports in Batam will also provide the facility.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/indonesia-waives-visa-requirements-for-45-countries

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-06-13

RELATED: Vietnam extends visa free list

RELATED: Single visa now available for Cambodia and Thailand

• Like 1

Don't see Aussie on the list whistling.gif

Australians, the third-largest group of foreign visitors after Singaporeans and Malaysians, will still need a visa to enter the country, although tourists can buy one on arrival.

Just shows how pragmatic countries can become when they need to boost their tourism dollar. They suddenly forget about visa fees needed to pay for border security etc.!

Regarding the UK, I think visas (and fees) were introduced about 15 years ago. Before then, I used to go to Jakarta many times on business. Strictly business trips needed a visa but we just used to tick the tourist box at the airport and get in for free. No questions asked.

You t did not read the whole article, we are in the sin bin and have to get a visa butcan do so on arrival. Indonesia is still p...ssed with us because of boats

and Barley 9 executions. They took their bat and ball and went home.

• Like 1

It said Australia still needs visa but can buy one on arrival. That is all to do with Australia giving them shit for the execution of the 2 Aussies for drugs.

And for spying on them !

Because it's not, read a little further down.

By the way I can recommend a good optician, if required ;-, ??

I often have the impression that posters rarely get passed the title before posting some irrelevant drivel.

In this case at least half the post was read, not bad.

Edited by 12DrinkMore

Just shows how pragmatic countries can become when they need to boost their tourism dollar. They suddenly forget about visa fees needed to pay for border security etc.!

Regarding the UK, I think visas (and fees) were introduced about 15 years ago. Before then, I used to go to Jakarta many times on business. Strictly business trips needed a visa but we just used to tick the tourist box at the airport and get in for free. No questions asked.

I have been to Jakarta without a visa and I think you are right it was introduced about 15 yars ago. I went 16 years ago nd didnt need a visa at that time

Quite. I don't think the other posters could really follow your meaning ... biggrin.pngthumbsup.gif

Dear God, there are some really dozy/dim buggers on TV ain't there ?....glad you understood the comment thumbsup.giflaugh.png

most have the intellect of less than an Isaan bar girl...

Edited by Soutpeel

Engage brain before hitting keyboard!

No Australia but have New Zealand biggrin.png

I suppose the Indo government feel quite comfortable with that, seeing as there are not that many sheep in Indonesia for the Kiwi's to abuse...laugh.png and come to think of it don't see Wales on the list either whistling.gif

Get the stick out your bottom, before typing, it was a sarcastic comment...

"Sarcasm is "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt."[1][2] Sarcasm may employ ambivalence,[3] although sarcasm is not necessarily ironic.[4] "The distinctive quality of sarcasm is present in the spoken word and manifested chiefly by vocal inflections".[5] The sarcastic content of a statement will be dependent upon the context in which it appears.[6]"

another one with the razor sharp intellect of an Isaan bar girl

• Like 1

I suppose the Indo government feel quite comfortable with that, seeing as there are not that many sheep in Indonesia for the Kiwi's to abuse...laugh.png and come to think of it don't see Wales on the list either whistling.gif

If your brain cell wasn't so lonely you would know Wales is part of United Kingdom.

• Like 1

If your brain cell wasn't so lonely you would know Wales is part of United Kingdom.

Not a Welsher are you Rab ?....took you as one of those who painted their face blue and wore a skirt to formal occasions... thumbsup.gif

this is certainly one way of encouraging tourism but I would hesitate myself this country has a bad human rights record and a country which imprisons its prime minister because shes a woman is not to be trusted .

• Like 1

this is certainly one way of encouraging tourism but I would hesitate myself this country has a bad human rights record and a country which imprisons its prime minister because shes a woman is not to be trusted .

Give Thailand a while and I am sure they'll tick all those boxes as well.

• Like 2

Meanwhile in Thailand: Crackdown on part foreign owned companies, crackdown on foreign retirees, crackdown on foreign investors, crackdown on foreign school kids "pretending" to be cleverer than Thai kids, crackdown on elderly who would like to try Thailand for a whole winter season, crackdown on expat foreigners for not having a work permit while helping tourists at ATM machines, giving them tips on where to dine, tours, etc. or daring to translate for a tourist at a 7Eleven just to help, crackdown on foreigners who look suspicious, crackdown on foreigners who complain about the alcohol sales ban times in a 7Eleven or at Lotus, crackdown on foreigners who take photos of others especially friends on a honeymoon, crackdown on foreigners complaining about paying 10 times the Thai national park prices, crackdown on foreigners comlaining about park rangers not doing their jobs, crackdown on foreigners who have the cheeks to bring their own beach chair and/or umbrella, crackdown on foreigners who eat or drink at the beach, crackdown on foreigners who refuse to tip, crackdown on foreigners who expect service for their money, crackdown on foreigners who insist on stepping off the plane and actually insist on physically visiting the country instead of throwing their valuables and credit cards right from the airplane onto the Thai runway to then "get the f back to their home countries"...

More and more people ask me why Thailand is called the land of smiles, and I answer; "Because they are so happy to see you leave empty handed."

Looks like we'll visit Indo for a change... thumbsup.gif

Wow, at least I hope you feel better now ! biggrin.png

Get the stick out your bottom, before typing, it was a sarcastic comment...

"Sarcasm is "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt."[1][2] Sarcasm may employ ambivalence,[3] although sarcasm is not necessarily ironic.[4] "The distinctive quality of sarcasm is present in the spoken word and manifested chiefly by vocal inflections".[5] The sarcastic content of a statement will be dependent upon the context in which it appears.[6]"

another one with the razor sharp intellect of an Isaan bar girl

Maybe more like; Sarchasm :.

The abyss between the creator of witticisms and the intended recipient who does not find the humor in it.

I think we're on the outer with the Indos. I wonder if the Ambassador has returned. He was withdrawn after the last round of executions.