Top End Bargain Chinese Tablets

agogohome

Been following many of the recent tablets to come out of China, and one of the hottest - the Teclast x98 air (dual O/S - 64Gb) is on offer from Banggood for only $185.99 - but there's only 16 hours left to order. If you know of anything better for the money, let me know - QUICK!

http://www.banggood.com/Teclast-X98-Air-II-64GB-Z3736F-Quad-Core-9_7-Inch-Dual-OS-IPS-Tablet-p-973034.html?p=WL2504207536201306OFJQ26191551677201504Z

X89.. Quality of unit 8/10. Screen quality and resolution 10/10. Battery time 7/10 (smaller battery than X98)

Software 8/10 mine is windows only. 8.1 bing plus office 365. Because of the resolution and screen size the windows icons are tiny.

I think the X89 is only 8'', opposed to 9.7'' for the X98. I'm reading lots of good reports about it.

X89.. Quality of unit 8/10. Screen quality and resolution 10/10. Battery time 7/10 (smaller battery than X98)

Software 8/10 mine is windows only. 8.1 bing plus office 365. Because of the resolution and screen size the windows icons are tiny.

I think the X89 is only 8'', opposed to 9.7'' for the X98. I'm reading lots of good reports about it.

Yes. X89 is iPad mini size 7.9"

X98 is 9.7" same as the iPad air.

For me I wanted a HDMI output.. And it works brilliantly.

My second choice was an Onda V919 - that has WiDi, eliminating the need for a HDMI cable. I was put off after reading negative comments on a YouTube comparison about battery life and the display.

Edited by agogohome

I personally would wait for the next tablet generation with at least 3-4 GB RAM + Windows 10.

2GB RAM is not enough in the long-term.

I would wait for 6-8 GB RAM + Windows 20... And wait,and wait!!!

Why wouldn't 2 GB of RAM not be enough? Windows are trying to make their software less reliant on RAM are they not?

Why wouldn't 2 GB of RAM not be enough? Windows are trying to make their software less reliant on RAM are they not?

Because I was also in the market for a new tablet, I've tried Win 8.1 on my Laptop with 2GB RAM (usually 4GB, but removed 2 GB for the testing)

A fresh install, without any additional programs, runs (relative) smoothly.

But after installing several programs, which added entries into auto-start and installed several services, I could notice a real speed difference.

The free RAM decreased from ~900MB to ~500MB (idle without running programs).

And I did not even install any Antivirus software.

Opening Chrome/Firefox with several tabs and your machine will start heavily swapping.

Or, open a few programs simultaneously, same effect.

After adding the additional 2 GB, it was a difference like day and night.

After all, use the tablet, lets say one year, and you will notice how creepy slow it became.

(Like every many Windows machines tongue.png )

Serious question: would anybody buy a Laptop with only 2 GB RAM nowadays? NO!

I guess, the next tablet generation will be available in a few months.

Edited by roban

Because I was also in the market for a new tablet, I've tried Win 8.1 on my Laptop with 2GB RAM (usually 4GB, but removed 2 GB for the testing)

A fresh install, without any additional programs, runs (relative) smoothly.

But after installing several programs, which added entries into auto-start and installed several services, I could notice a real speed difference.

The free RAM decreased from ~900MB to ~500MB (idle without running programs).

And I did not even install any Antivirus software.

Opening Chrome/Firefox with several tabs and your machine will start heavily swapping.

Or, open a few programs simultaneously, same effect.

After adding the additional 2 GB, it was a difference like day and night.

After all, use the tablet, lets say one year, and you will notice how creepy slow it became.

(Like every many Windows machines tongue.png )

Serious question: would anybody buy a Laptop with only 2 GB RAM nowadays? NO!

I guess, the next tablet generation will be available in a few months.

Yes, got to agree. With the cost of RAM so cheap these days, we're being spoon fed old technology. I'm replacing my 6 year old Acer laptop - which has 6GB Ram - and is only just fast enough run to my video editor. With 2 GB of RAM, it was unusable.

^^^ ahhh that might be why Onda tablets pop open with expanded batteries... Just an inbuilt notification that it's time to install more RAM... And it auto opens.. So cool!

That's the built in airbag, in case you drop it. tongue.png

X98 air 2 doesn't have HDMI

Wrong! All versions of the X98 have HDMI - inc' the Air II.

I was right AND wrong.. So are you!!

All newer versions of the X98 have HDMI but not the original X98air.. See here on the Teclast website..

http://www.teclast.com/en/zt/X98Air/

Sorry for getting it wrong about the air 2.

When I said 'all', I meant current (64GB) versions. I wouldn't even consider 32GB!