Birds of Prey

During my teaching career in Thailand i have noticed how many schools have a problem with pidgeons and the mess they make in assembly areas and playgrounds etc. I have always been interested in wildlife and would like to own a bird of prey. These birds can be trained and flown around schools in the evening to chase the pidgeons away. I would love to own a bird of prey and help my local schools in this way but :-

1. I don't know if it's possible in Thailand.

2. I would need to be trained in the art of looking after one of these birds and training them myself.

If anybody knows if this is possible in Thailand and a 'club' or association that may be able to help me i would appreciate it. This is a serious post so i don't need the usual 'smart alec's" comparing the birds of prey to various 'ladies of the night' in Pattaya, thankyou

We have l,ots of birds of prey near my house, and also a plethora of pigeons. The occasional Peregrine passes by, but seems to have little impact on the pigeons.

Birds of prey models have a temporary effect, but it doesn't usually last (cf. scarecrows in the old days).

Once early in the morning i saw a huge owl on the roof of my neighbour. It was so large i couldn't believe it was an owl. It had a rat or so in it's claw and was eating it.

I have seen more giant owls kept as a pet in Asia and they are awesome. That is in the wild, not as a pet on a chain.

There are a few professional falconers in Southern Thailand, Get afriend in UK to send you a Plastic Eagle owl bird scarer(availablein most garden centres,for pigeon scaring or hunting you need a longwing such as a peregrine or lugger falcon ,hawks such as the goshawk are usually used owabbits and such, as a complete novice leave well alone , you need lot s of patience and time and a good teacher to learn the art of falconry,