Government hopes new courts to help rid Thailand of criminals

webfact

A daunting task........this should lead to a decrease in population!

No,...will lead to Civil War.

" new departments to deal with cases of human-trafficking, drug-related crimes and corruption as well as unscrupulous activities of state officials."

The first two parts are to appease international concerns,...but the second two (corruption as well as unscrupulous activities of state officials) is designed to keep the Unelected People's Committee's powerful, and squash the Rural Majority from having any say.

The thing is this,...the Bangkok Elite is not going to change.

"Thailand's conflict is largely rooted in the conflicting egos of the elitist few." Bangkok Post

It's time for Lanna and Issan to declare an autonomous zone. In just a few more years, the Muslims from the South will take care of Papa Prayut and the Bangkok Elite.

All countries listen up; Thailand has found the answer to getting rid of criminals. Look to Thailand for the solution to your problems.

Yes! An Unelected People's Committee chosen by the Elite.

All well and good.

How about a judicial entity to rid Thailand of Judicial double standards.

Perhaps this much ballyhooed stuff about Reform could address that issue. But reform is not needed on one side of the political divide according to the powers that be.

The willful blindness on this issue is as good an indicator as any, where politically the judiciary is aligned.

One side of the political divide says, "What double standards?"...While the other side would be only too happy to list them

Until their critique is silenced, double standards exist. Period.

The Burmese 2 or who, any scapegoat will do.

Perhaps they could start with this case!!!!

All countries listen up; Thailand has found the answer to getting rid of criminals. Look to Thailand for the solution to your problems.

attachicon.gifmagic-bullet-statement.jpg

Close....the human trafficking court is part of the smoke and mirrors dance to up the LOS rating in TIP and the other courts are an attempt to make it not look like smoke and mirrors.

Reminds me of that Pink Floyd album cover. whistling.gif

And from that album. Animals

Pigs

Big man, pig man, ha ha charade you are.

You well heeled big wheel, ha ha charade you are.

And when your hand is on your heart,

You're nearly a good laugh,

Almost a joker,

Check the rest of the lyrics it all fits.

human-trafficking, drug-related crimes and corruption unscrupulous activities of state officials. This would cover most of the elite in Thailand from lowly Police to the upper levels of Thai society, they are all at it, chasing that wonderful thing called money greed and more money, and its just never enough.

GREAT!!!

I am ready to report a lot of corruption cases to these new departments. How do I contact them?... and are they able to read/understand English or do I have to pay for a translation to Thai first?

Next question is then "How much, must I pay for them to actually look into a case?"...

Most criminals are in the employ of the government. Start with the police and work from there.

Good point. Prayut has already declared police reform too hard for his govt. Therefore there is no point in new courts when responsibility for bringing cases to them is still outsourced to an srmed criminal gang.

wow they are actually going to deal with the shinawatras after all this time. Perhaps they will deal with all those invovled in the great rice money making schemes, the tablet for each child scheme, the pretending to prevent any more floods project and the one that comes after it the soon to be project of preventing droughts,

I hope they also deal with all the corrupt officials and non officials.

Or perhaps I am reading too much into this, perhaps they will be going after 90 day overstays, minor visa offenders, accidental border crossing criminals? non Thais who have somehow purchased condos or invested in large projects? minor traffic offenses of non Thais.......

well this is one I shall be watching for, so much opportunity to do good, and so much low hanging non criminal criminals to prosecute.

Is this such a good thing knowing that the smaller fish will be exposed and have the book thrown at them while the big fish "sometimes" get exposed ( more like caught up in the whole affair ) but seldom if ever do they serve any prison time or any other kind of serious retribution.

For example: The same people who are administrating this crack down on corruption affair.....what if they are exposed for corruption and malfeasance and or anything they are supposed to be policing and pursuing.

Do you think they would turn themselves in or admit to their crimes or voluntarily pay back all and or any money they obtained illegally and or serve any prison time?

Not a chance: They would do everything in their power to maintain their supposed innocence and thwart all efforts to apply the same rules and regulations and laws pertaining to such cases......the same rules and regulations and laws that they helped formulate.

Now that the military rule government has 1 more year to govern the country we see them setting up all kinds of judicial boards, attempting to try and weed out the opposition and expose the competition.

You can be sure their agenda is not based solely on trying to rid Thailand of the criminals while looking like they are doing the right thing cracking down on corruption.......... while silencing the opposition.

Cheers

People should give the junta a chance. It's maybe hard for some to believe but not long ago Hong Kong was a very corrupted place as well, rotten up to the very top. The ICAC was created in 1974 and now Hong Kong is considered one of the most corruption free place in the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independent_Commission_Against_Corruption_%28Hong_Kong%29

mwahhahamwha 5555 Rohingya, human rights, mwahaha ha ha

GREAT!!!

I am ready to report a lot of corruption cases to these new departments. How do I contact them?... and are they able to read/understand English or do I have to pay for a translation to Thai first?

Next question is then "How much, must I pay for them to actually look into a case?"...

wrt the translation thing just use google translate, it would be as good as any one else can do, and have as much meaning,