Where to Get A Good Value "Full English" Breakfast

anon467848

You want a great English or American style breakfast? Go to Soi 1 Cafe/Bar/Bakery, at Chaiyapoom Soi 1, Si Phum, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai 50300. That's the first soi going east off chaiapoom Rd, around the corner from Wat Sri Poom at the NE corner of the moat. Check it out on Google/Trip Advisor. If you're lucky, Phil will have just pulled a tray of fresh hot biscuits out of the oven. A fine little place with superb food and a great host.

You want a great English or American style breakfast? Go to Soi 1 Cafe/Bar/Bakery, at Chaiyapoom Soi 1, Si Phum, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai 50300. That's the first soi going east off chaiapoom Rd, around the corner from Wat Sri Poom at the NE corner of the moat. Check it out on Google/Trip Advisor. If you're lucky, Phil will have just pulled a tray of fresh hot biscuits out of the oven. A fine little place with superb food and a great host.

facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif What's hot biscuits got to do with a "full english breakfast" ? biscuits are just for dunking in your tea biggrin.png

Unfortunately, Philip's Soi 1 Cafe/Bar/Bakery has been closed for a few weeks. He is moving to new place and working on getting it ready. If he ever had biscuits, I missed them. Hot American buttermilk biscuits for breakfast are one of the things I miss most.

Edited by Ulysses G.

re

Unfortunately, Philip's Soi 1 Cafe/Bar/Bakery has been closed for a few weeks. He is moving to new place and working on getting it ready

hes right !

phills new place is going to be somewre near the holliday inn :)

i hope its going to be on the nong hoi side of the river or he wont have any customers :(

dave2

post-42592-0-54720200-1434510365_thumb.j

Unfortunately, Philip's Soi 1 Cafe/Bar/Bakery has been closed for a few weeks. He is moving to new place and working on getting it ready. If he ever had biscuits, I missed them. Hot American buttermilk biscuits for breakfast are one of the things I miss most.

Morning UG, I seem to recall a previous post from you mentioning eggs benedict? I can't remember the place, was it Smoothie Blues on Nimman or elsewhere? I have a hankering for eggs benedict...

Have a good one..thumbsup.gif

re

Morning UG, I seem to recall a previous post from you mentioning eggs benedict? I can't remember the place

the art cafe !

300 yards from where ug sits all day does eggs benedict smile.png

dave2

Cheers Dave, I'm getting hungry looking at that photo biggrin.png

OP, you can get a free breakfast at any car dealer in town. Just grab a brochure,feign interest and say you would like to sit down to read it. They will give you coffee and snacks for free!

Morning UG, I seem to recall a previous post from you mentioning eggs benedict? I can't remember the place, was it Smoothie Blues on Nimman or elsewhere? I have a hankering for eggs benedict...

Have a good one..thumbsup.gif

Art Cafe, Bake and Bite and Butter is Better. The main differece is that the English Muffins vary in quality.

I guess I need to get out more. Didn't know Phil was moving. As for biscuits and their connection to an "English Breakfast", there is none. English people seem to think "biscuits" are those tasteless little discs by McVittie's called "digestive biscuits", made "digestible" only by dunking in something. Phil makes American style biscuits, and sells most of them to some outfit in Bangkok. Three or four of those, hot from the oven, accompanied by high quality jam and/or cheese, and coffee, Mmmmm.

The Soi 1 location was a little too far off the track for those looking for great breakfasts and burgers. Best of luck to Phil and Wan in their new place.

I guess I need to get out more. Didn't know Phil was moving. As for biscuits and their connection to an "English Breakfast", there is none. English people seem to think "biscuits" are those tasteless little discs by McVittie's called "digestive biscuits", made "digestible" only by dunking in something.

Not at all. We just don't call things biscuits when they're actually scones.

biggrin.png

I guess I need to get out more. Didn't know Phil was moving. As for biscuits and their connection to an "English Breakfast", there is none. English people seem to think "biscuits" are those tasteless little discs by McVittie's called "digestive biscuits", made "digestible" only by dunking in something.

biggrin.png

Scones and gravy then? ....uh, no.

• 3 weeks later...

Scones are usually lightly sweetened, heavier and drier. American buttermilk biscuits are not - ever - but they are usually served hot and often covered with butter or jam or both. Some people like them with gravy, but I am not one of them.

Wonder if The Duke's at Promenada will open for breakfast now that Immigration is moving there?

I wish every Duke's everywhere would open for breakfast.. Especially the Riverside location, as there is absolutely no breakfast to be found around there.

Plus it's easy to see how many Western families there are these days, quick peek into Butter is Better at any hour of the morning shows the demand..

Yummy does an excellent English Breakfast although in true Aussie fashion he calls it an Aussie Breakfast.

Ulster Fry yeah Gods ya'll have the PC Brigade out in a flash.

john

Guaranteed Heart Attack served with every fry.

I'm fond of grits, esp day old and fried. Hmm. Butter and honey on top make these hot tasty slices heavenly for breakfast. ...Chingmai 331

If I had that for breakfast I would vomit !

What has this got to do with a full English breakfast?

Guys and girls please stay on topic there has been a lot of blasphemy spouted on here , The topic was FULL ENGLISH BREAKFAST, Ulster fry and Full Irish are to be as good as if not better than a Full English, any thing is is not to be considered,

it may be considered as a breakfast in your home country but does not fit the OP requirments no matter how well meaning.