Thaksin may avoid losing his police rank, Somyot says

webfact

Thaksin may avoid losing his police rank, Somyot says
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- IT MAY NOT be possible to strip fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra of his police rank during the current term, the national police chief said Monday.

Pol General Somyot Poompanmuang brushed off accusations by his critics that he was just buying time to delay a decision on the matter until after his retirement in September.

"Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I am not perturbed by criticism but I will follow the rules and regulations even though the matter will not be completed in my term," he said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Thaksin-may-avoid-losing-his-police-rank-Somyot-sa-30262364.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-06-16

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything is possible if the people of Thailand want to srip Thaskin of his Police rank, he's a wanted known fugitive but certain people it seems are still sh*t scared of him and his cronies and while this continues Thaskin will continue to laugh and crack his whip and cause political problems whithin Thailand for years to come...There needs to be an end of this ongoing problem with Thaskin but it seems it may go on for years while Thaskin causes problems for his country whilst living in exile...TIT...

Somyot is quite the diplomat, readying himself for a plummy job in the next Thaksin cabinet. Thing is, his future boss is famous for not keeping his end of the deal, throwing his pawns under the bus, and making fools of his supporters. For the ambitious Somyot it can only end one way, in tears.

The critics are correct blaming the current chief for dragging his feet not wanting to strip

the fugitive run away from justice of his rank, he's probably thinking that better to play

safe here because what goes around

comes around and maybe some stupid people will vote Thaksin back to power some how

and he will find him self facing the wrath of this man...... no surprise here, typical ass cover

by high ranking people in government......

I'm sure a police rank is the least of Thaksin's concerns.

Any thread with "Thaksin' included in the headline usually bring a torrent of vitriol. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and so am I.

The way I see it, Mr Thaksin was the previously, elected Prime Minister. Democratic elections in other words. The Political movement he ushered in, also won subsequent Democratic elections.......Thereby being a major threat to anti-democrats who are only Democratic if they win elections. He had to be eliminated and his Political enemies did just that, using the Judiciary as cover.

The minor legality they utilized is minuscule compared to the matter-of-course illegalities of their own people.

The anti-democrats are working hard to put this electoral genie and political reality back in the bottle. Their cascade of Thaksin demonization and Yingluck persecution is an indication of that...Sure to be parroted in Posts following this one, in addition to those attacking the messenger.

Without being sidetracked into the paranoia of the electorally fearful anti-Democrats regarding Mr. Thaksin, all that applies in my opinion is the legacy he left.....His electoral success has a sound basis. It is generally felt that after Thaksin assumed electoral power, things improved tremendously for a huge segment of the electorate..That has never been said of Politicians on the other side of the political divide....His and his people's electoral appeal has a sound basis therefore. The anti-democrats need to destroy that legacy and bury it in their own attacks, using the judiciary as a means of trying to legitimize their political posturing. They love the word 'fugitive' and use it at every opportunity. They must do this or be forever in the Political wilderness. In part trying to say money bought that success. Thereby conveniently separating electoral legitimacy from good Democratic practices and denigrating the voting public at the same time....A two-fer.

(deleted)

Edited by petercool
baiting sentence removed

All he's has to do is say he is forced by law to strip Thaksin of his rank. He is left with no option.

At the moment, he should be accused of negligence and not performing his duty.

Somyot could be/should be stripped of his rank for ( non)action bringing disrepute on the RTP.

Any thread with "Thaksin' included in the headline usually bring a torrent of vitriol. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and so am I.

The way I see it, Mr Thaksin was the previously, elected Prime Minister. Democratic elections in other words. The Political movement he ushered in, also won subsequent Democratic elections.......Thereby being a major threat to anti-democrats who are only Democratic if they win elections. He had to be eliminated and his Political enemies did just that, using the Judiciary as cover.

The minor legality they utilized is minuscule compared to the matter-of-course illegalities of their own people.

The anti-democrats are working hard to put this electoral genie and political reality back in the bottle. Their cascade of Thaksin demonization and Yingluck persecution is an indication of that...Sure to be parroted in Posts following this one, in addition to those attacking the messenger.

Without being sidetracked into the paranoia of the electorally fearful anti-Democrats regarding Mr. Thaksin, all that applies in my opinion is the legacy he left.....His electoral success has a sound basis. It is generally felt that after Thaksin assumed electoral power, things improved tremendously for a huge segment of the electorate..That has never been said of Politicians on the other side of the political divide....His and his people's electoral appeal has a sound basis therefore. The anti-democrats need to destroy that legacy and bury it in their own attacks, using the judiciary as a means of trying to legitimize their political posturing. They love the word 'fugitive' and use it at every opportunity. They must do this or be forever in the Political wilderness. In part trying to say money bought that success. Thereby conveniently separating electoral legitimacy from good Democratic practices and denigrating the voting public at the same time....A two-fer.

Alright, let the venom generated by the anti democratic political demonization machine and kill-the-messenger stuff commence.

Alright, let the venom generated by the anti democratic political demonization machine and kill-the-messenger stuff commence.

Ah, proof that you are trolling. Sorry for you but your posts are too ridiculous for even people new to Thailand to believe. You're really beginning to bore.

Everything is possible if the people of Thailand want to srip Thaskin of his Police rank, he's a wanted known fugitive but certain people it seems are still sh*t scared of him and his cronies and while this continues Thaskin will continue to laugh and crack his whip and cause political problems whithin Thailand for years to come...There needs to be an end of this ongoing problem with Thaskin but it seems it may go on for years while Thaskin causes problems for his country whilst living in exile...TIT...

Too many words. Remove "..in exile.....TIT..." and you have the answer.

Too much to ask WHY Thaksin may avoid losing his police rank???

The case for doing so looks very clear cut... so WHY?

The problem has to do with if he is singled out or if it becomes standard policy. ALL police that are brought up on charges or dismissed or moved to an inactive post for the rest of their term should lose their rank and all benefits.... period. But if they only consider one case it will be considered politically motivated.

Someone is not taking any chances,just in case,Thaksin ever gets

back in power (nothing here would surprise,and all is possible),and

takes revenge on all those that he feels have wronged him,probably

has a little red book with all the names in,looks at it regularly,muttering

just wait,you and you !.

regards Worgeordie

Gosh does that mean he will lose his police pension also----- I do hope that doesn't happen, I mean he is only a criminal who has been on the run for the last 9 years, it really wouldn't be fair to chuck him out of the police force, & take his pension.

Wow........yes this needs some deep thought, before any premature action should be taken................coffee1.gif

"...the anti democratic political demonization machine..."

Ultimately how very wrong you are. Or perhaps you would prefer to revert to the dictators who frequently claimed they were protecting democracy?

"...kill the messenger...."

What messenger? You? You believe you are the factual unbiased messenger? What's your next joke?

Somyot is a creeping sly sycophant and he knows full well that there is more than sufficient justification to remove Thaksin's RTP rank and pension. In another country he would be immediately removed from his ivory tower.

Somyot is a creeping sly sycophant and he knows full well that there is more than sufficient justification to remove Thaksin's RTP rank and pension. In another country he would be immediately removed from his ivory tower.

Stop messing about, tell us what you really think of him ;-)

I think you have one of several solutions:

1. Become a politician because you certainly know how to call white black - your rationale is w-a-y w-a-y off!!!

2. Take the blinkers off, they are impeding your course in life.

3. Become a marketing manager for Thaksin - or maybe not, as there are even more holes in your argument than Somyot's reasoning for not removing his police rank.

4. Visit your local friendly psychiatrist whom I am sure would find your delusional condition very interesting/challenging?

Which ever one, good luck.wai.gif

Just to clarify a couple of points.

As you may well be aware, in Thai Culture any action that blemishes or detracts from a persons character, is said to be "a loss of face" & is is taken very personally & seriously by the person affected. So while removing Thaksin's rank may seem trivial, it is very important to Thais & would be hurtful to Thaksin image.

Whilst in power his Gov't did improve life for many Thais, but he was convicted of fraud & is a fugitive from justice. So, in many ways, he is responsible for his own downfall & fall from grace; regardless of what his political foes do. He was considered an "outsider" by the elite of BKK, so he was in a "no win" position even despite his own crimes.

It seems around the world the democratic system is under great stress through the greed of politicians who promise great things but only deliver to themselves & their wealthy financial backers. In many ways,Thailand is doing better under a military junta, than it has for many, many years under democratic rule. Whilst people complain that some freedoms have been censored, sure, but the fact that we continue to express our views here, suggests censorship is very limited.

In day to day terms, life in Thailand goes on as before.

Perhaps, Thailand would be better to remain under military rule, than returning to a so called democractic system that world-wide seems to be falling apart.

Ah, proof that you are trolling. Sorry for you but your posts are too ridiculous for even people new to Thailand to believe. You're really beginning to bore.

Definitely a troll, every post made is in the same vain, polite, well structured and written, same agenda each time, the style used by a number of posters no longer posting under their original name/s - so no surprise if Bannum opinions has been resurrected to assist in pushing the Thaksin barrow with its squeeky wheel.

Stop messing about, tell us what you really think of him ;-)
Censored, censored, censored, and censored.