Phuket Power Failed

Pomthai

Powers out for the second morning in a row. It was earlier yesterday. This morning it's been off since about 5am.

Any one know what's happened? This is Cherngthalay about 3km west from Heroines. It's unusual to be off for so long. 2 and a half hours so far.

Nice cool day luckily but bit of a pain regards toast and coffee this morning.

Same here in Patong-yesterday power out my place 5am-7:30 am and this morning again 4amm for 30 minutes and now 15 minutes ago for 10 minutes.No real probs except I am upstairs and the water pump from below stops so no water for toilet/shower if off long time.TiT.

Bad day for us over here in Kata. Rain squall passed through about 11.00, almost right away electric off. Called Electric Company and they thought we should check our circuit breaker - load of nonsense as whole soi off. So ... about an hour + electric on again, cheers on the road. But ... next squall of rain 40 minutes later ... electric off again. Phoned again ... took about 2 hours to reconect this time.

So called 'developed' country ?? ... Was just about the same 19 years ago, I really see no improvement to electric reliabilty after all these years ... sigh sigh ...

This weather truly sucks. We had only one 10 minute break at Ao Por today. But if the winds continue this way, there will be more outages.

We have now 5 days weather warning on the island http://www.thephuketnews.com/storms-lash-phuket-prompt-flash-flood-landslide-and-no-swimming-warnings-52799.php

One, maybe 5-7 meters tall tree fell to my roof. Fortunately it did not do too much damage.

Windguru forecast looks much better with regards to wind.

Bad day for us over here in Kata. Rain squall passed through about 11.00, almost right away electric off. Called Electric Company and they thought we should check our circuit breaker - load of nonsense as whole soi off. So ... about an hour + electric on again, cheers on the road. But ... next squall of rain 40 minutes later ... electric off again. Phoned again ... took about 2 hours to reconect this time.

So called 'developed' country ?? ... Was just about the same 19 years ago, I really see no improvement to electric reliabilty after all these years ... sigh sigh ...

Same on Katekwan road today

Could have been my meter... [emoji12]Shorted and burst into flames, in the rain.. Impressive really..post-30637-14347648435874_thumb.jpg

The repair guy, said there are many when it rains..

Not my meters fault, of course, that wouldn't shut the grid down

Yesterday, had a significant voltage reduction at our house in Patong. Some of the circuits in the house were ok, while others were dead. Checked all of the breakers and then measured the voltage across each phase of our 3-phase supply in the consumer unit:

First was 182V, Second was 68V and 3rd was 250V.

Water pump must have been on the circuit delivering 68V, and was making very unhappy noises until I unplugged it.

Lasted about 15 minutes or so, then everything returned to normal.

Yesterday, had a significant voltage reduction at our house in Patong. Some of the circuits in the house were ok, while others were dead. Checked all of the breakers and then measured the voltage across each phase of our 3-phase supply in the consumer unit:

First was 182V, Second was 68V and 3rd was 250V.

Water pump must have been on the circuit delivering 68V, and was making very unhappy noises until I unplugged it.

Lasted about 15 minutes or so, then everything returned to normal.

Yes, about 12.03 yesterday I heard the large bang on your road. Immediately our voltage reduced, fans slow, but still ahve TV as most modern electronics are dual voltage. Looked to see what transformer on the street had blown a ceramic fuse, one of my neighbours saw the high votage line sparking up. I phoned the electric office to report, little orange truck there in 10 minutes, electric back to normal a few minutes later. I guess he pushed back in the fuse with a very long fiber pole.

Funny thing was I had just bailed of our Kata home when the power went off about 11.00 .... arrive in Patong ... power off again

Edited by LivinginKata

Yes, about 12.03 yesterday I heard the large bang on your road. Immediately our voltage reduced, fans slow, but still ahve TV as most modern electronics are dual voltage. Looked to see what transformer on the street had blown a ceramic fuse, one of my neighbours saw the high votage line sparking up. I phoned the electric office to report, little orange truck there in 10 minutes, electric back to normal a few minutes later. I guess he pushed back in the fuse with a very long fiber pole.

Funny thing was I had just bailed of our Kata home when the power went off about 11.00 .... arrive in Patong ... power off again

Thanks for phoning PEA! All the transformers are down by your building, so we really can't see what's going on. I was surprised that it was fixed so quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

Just 10 minutes ago 3 huge blue flashes down in central Kata, each about 5 seconds apart. Now the central part of Kata and Patak road all dark. Never seen that before. Usually we here on the outskirts of Kata go dark, but not this time.

My power went out and after several seconds I heard a Bang! This happened about an hour ago, still waiting to get the power back.

LiK: Did you found out what were the blue flashes and how long was the power out?

<snip>

LiK: Did you found out what were the blue flashes and how long was the power out?

I don't know, our power stayed on and I went to bed.

Mind you following night our power faded (half voltage and fluctuation deal) about 03.30 and we phoned electric co to report. No full electric until 10.00 some 6 hours later. Mind you if was windy and heavy rain for most of that time, I would guess the electric truck was not going to mess with fuses and long poles in the rain and wind.

When the power was out during the normal working hours and Tesco had an generator, it could indicate that it was a scheduled outage.

Another big bang late last night on our side street. Luckily not our phase so we slept on with air con. Not so lucky for one of our guests, only half power. Orange truck rolls up about 11.00 and all electric back. Now 90 minutes another big bang at same transformer. I guess there must be a fault with that building's electric ... oh well another day in paradise.

Edited by LivinginKata

Surin yesterday. No power from 10 am till 4 pm. Tesco had a truck generator in the street. Awful six hours. Now this morning off at 7.50 till 8.30. Must be more than a tree. What is going on?

PEA are doing maintenance work. All businesses were given a letter of warning in advance.