How To Get Rid Of Some Annoying Color?

Hello and Sawasdee khrap,

My school had decided that they wanted to spray-paint various desks and chairs in the middle of the week, right next to a classroom.

No idea what color they're actually using, but I've seen different types, as some were using a paintbrush as well, while another guy used a different color and sprayed it with a compressor.

Unfortunately was there a little breeze and now I've got thousands of little white spots all over my metallic blue color. Just drove home and try to remove the unwanted color.

It's not a lot, but it's damn annoying. Makes perfect sense that they don't do this on weekends, when no students are at school.

I've tried some "Hard Wax" from a German company, but it doesn't help a lot. Any ideas?

Ask the school what they are going to do about it....

They'd maybe ask me why I parked my car where they did some paint jobs.....facepalm.gif .

I've tried almost all, including wax. Then my wife came home, had a look at it, a short explanation what happened and she found THE solution.

Some benzine from our motorbike did the trick and removed all the spots.

And then there're people who make statements that Thais don't have common sense.

The assistant director's car looks even worse and he's a real good guy Will tell him tomorrow how to get rid of it.

Thanks a lot.

Did you try WD40? Very often if the paint is relatively new light and hasn't fully set yet, (meaning weeks not days) then WD40 will take it off quite well. You spray some on and let it sit a bit and then spray some more on a paper towel and rub it, because the paper towel both absorbs the WD40 and holds it and has just the right abrasiveness without attacking the car paint.

Did you try WD40? Very often if the paint is relatively new light and hasn't fully set yet, (meaning weeks not days) then WD40 will take it off quite well. You spray some on and let it sit a bit and then spray some more on a paper towel and rub it, because the paper towel both absorbs the WD40 and holds it and has just the right abrasiveness without attacking the car paint.

Stupid me!!! Just looked like all the spots were gone, when it was already dark. When I checked this morning, those ugly spots are still all over the color.

Thanks a lot, never heard that WD 40 would be of help. Will try it and report back. I't really a shame that people can cause others huge problems, just because they're so stupid, aeeh wanted to write uneducated.

I was just talking to the coordinator why they couldn't do that on a weekend, the answer was that the OBEC wanted it now? Makes sense, or?

Just wondering if the school has got an insurance for human stupidity, but I doubt it.

That's what the creepy <deleted> looks like.Yesterday I thought I had some bird shit on the windshield switched the wipers on and heard a weird sound.

Then I saw the spots and the damage.I'm not good at doing stuff like that and really love my wife too much now, because "she took over"...giggle.gif

The spots are all over the car and my wife's using some Sonax MOs 2 now. It says in German that it also removes shit. Tried to buy WD 40, but it seems that they do not sell it anymore

Sonax does help a lot. but it's a nasty job, dong.piece by piece. I'm really sweating by just watching her.....facepalm.gif

post-158336-0-70702400-1434537526_thumb.

post-158336-0-23698800-1434537577_thumb.

post-158336-0-47023200-1434537630_thumb.

Who's they? WD40 is all over Thailand, Home Pro etc. I can't speak for Sonax, not the same and I know that WD40 can remove some paint if it doesn't have too much time to set up but now you're running it close to that time limit. Especially in the hot sun.

Who's they? WD40 is all over Thailand, Home Pro etc. I can't speak for Sonax, not the same and I know that WD40 can remove some paint if it doesn't have too much time to set up but now you're running it close to that time limit. Especially in the hot sun.

Thanks,all the shops that had WD 40 before don't sell it anymore. Didn't check at a home mart yet, but will do when I come home. My wife could clean one part by using Sonax and a neighbor gave her some- I guess thinner- which seems to help.

I do not park my car in the sun, neither at home, not at school. I truly hope that I can get the rest off today. Thanks a lot.

I'd like to thank you very much for your post. I've finally found WD 40 at a home mart and it works well.

I don't even wanna think about the money and time we've spent to get that far. Was really a great tip, deeply appreciated. Thanks. wai.gif

I'd like to thank you very much for your post. I've finally found WD 40 at a home mart and it works well.

I don't even wanna think about the money and time we've spent to get that far. Was really a great tip, deeply appreciated. Thanks. wai.gif

Well done, glad it worked out for you..thumbsup.gif I only work for "likes" though. tongue.pnggiggle.gif Jesting of course, but it does seem I get shorted quite a bit on good advice, without them when others don't sad.png ? I only hope the other "remedies" tried previously have not done some other more permanent damage, like paint dulling, that may come out in the near future. BTW I'm sure you do DRIVE it in the sun though right? gigglem.gif

Edited by WarpSpeed

Regards, I wanted to include this in my previous post but missed the edit timing. Likes are the only thing that matters by some members measure around here. They "like" to throw it around if you don't have them regardless of how good your advice may be and how often you help someone out? My druthers wouldn't care either way honestly, but it is nice to help out and get recognized for doing so as Lost did in his post as well.

Next time buy a white car ;-)

Then they'll use blue paint.. rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif Or some other ridiculous color. coffee1.gif

We're still WD 40ing the truck this morning and 99 % is gone and it looks pretty good again. The guys at school don't give a flying rat about it.

Thanks once more for the real useful tip. The scanner didn't work and her reading ability.made a big can to 75 baht. ( The smallest size)

So I bought another one and felt like Robin Hood.Should have bought all of them...lol

All the stuff I've tried was about 600 baht, way cheaper than to respray the truck.

Then they'll use blue paint.. rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif Or some other ridiculous color. coffee1.gif

We're still WD 40ing the truck this morning and 99 % is gone and it looks pretty good again. The guys at school don't give a flying rat about it.

Thanks once more for the real useful tip. The scanner didn't work and her reading ability.made a big can to 75 baht. ( The smallest size)

So I bought another one and felt like Robin Hood.Should have bought all of them...lol

All the stuff I've tried was about 600 baht, way cheaper than to respray the truck.

Good to hear you're having good success, it sucks when you have to correct someone else's inconsiderate mindlessness and it costs you but obviously finding a cheap easy solution is always a relief when you manage to mend the mess up and they really couldn't care less. I always use WD40 to clean up over spray when I get cars painted and again on the race car for all sorts of clean up especially rubber which it's constantly gets covered with after a race it works really well on the seals and freshens them up at the same time, or when it's necessary to change sponsor graphics and remove the remaining adhesive. It is good for any petrolem based products paints and such are usually petroleum based as well.

Turps is usually the same as thinner (especially in Thailand) which he already tried, suggested by the natives and it is really too harsh for paint removal from paint, can use it on other surfaces but it will attack the finish on car paint and once dry will dull the shine most times.

Good to hear you're having good success, it sucks when you have to correct someone else's inconsiderate mindlessness and it costs you but obviously finding a cheap easy solution is always a relief when you manage to mend the mess up and they really couldn't care less. I always use WD40 to clean up over spray when I get cars painted and again on the race car for all sorts of clean up especially rubber which it's constantly gets covered with after a race it works really well on the seals and freshens them up at the same time, or when it's necessary to change sponsor graphics and remove the remaining adhesive. It is good for any petrolem based products paints and such are usually petroleum based as well.

Hey,

All in all, we must have spent many hours trying to remove this crap. But I could also find out how our son thinks about it. Not his business?

The same guy who's playing online games all day long, never does homework and tries to act like an adult? He's 16, will turn 17 in September and his computer will soon go back to a relative, where he got it from by lying to him.

I've tried all to make him understand that I made my own money when i was 11, brought magazines on a bicycle to other peoples' houses, even coming from a rich family. But it was my money. The money, where nobody could tell me what to buy for it.

But this guys seems to bel;ieve he's got the right to have all and everything. The "not his problem" made me angry and sick at the same time.

Is it my problem to pay for all the Army bs that goes on at his college, the fees for this, some money for that? My problem to give him money that he can go out with friends? Nope, it's time that he get's his lazy ass up and does something to have his own money.

Sorry for going off topic, but isn't it fascinating that such a "color problem" actually shows you what a lazy bumble fagg my step son really is?

Okay, considering my wasted free time as the most valuable thing, I'd spent too much time to remove the unwanted color.

But I've also learned some new stuff, how to get rid of color, how good WD 40 really is and finally that I'll have to do something with our son's weird behavior.

Hope you guys will have a nice and safe week on Thailand's roads. I've just seen weird things on my way to work, almost got hit twice and the usual school bs.

Cheers.