PM threatens legal actions against coup rumour monger

Lite Beer

PM threatens legal actions against coup rumour monger

16-6-2558-11-03-36-wpcf_728x408.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha has brushed aside a coup rumour insisting that it was spread by ill-intent elements to cause public confusion.

He said he knew who the rumour monger was and threatened legal actions against him.

“I am an old soldier. Today we know how to behave. I admitted that I did it (staged the May 22 coup) in order to prevent coups to take place in the future. I do not understand why they keep inciting to come out (military to stage another coup). Why coming out if there is no problem?” said the prime minister.

He asked the media not to spread the coup rumour, saying that it was groundless as the military has already insisted that there will be no coup.

The prime minister insisted that his political roadmap remains unchanged despite all the talks about changing roadmap.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-threatens-legal-actions-against-coup-rumour-monger

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-06-16

"He asked the media not to spread the coup rumour, saying that it was groundless as the military has already insisted that there will be no coup."

​I've heard that before somewhere fairly recently, I'm sure I have you know!

>>I am an old soldier. Today we know how to behave. I admitted that I did it (staged the May 22 coup) in order to prevent coups to take place in the future.<< Quote

Seriously, you couldn't make this stuff up!!

Staged a coup to prevent future coups..................cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

>>The prime minister insisted that his political roadmap remains unchanged despite all the talks about changing roadmap.<< Quote

Yeah sure, with a few changes:post-218648-0-21051600-1434464747_thumb.

Edited by JOC

>>I do not understand why they keep inciting to come out (military to stage another coup). Why coming out if there is no problem?” said the prime minister.<< Quote

Dear Mr P.

Maybe, just maybe, not everyone are happy. Despite you have ordered them to be content...............coffee1.gif

>>I am an old soldier. Today we know how to behave. I admitted that I did it (staged the May 22 coup) in order to prevent coups to take place in the future.<< Quote

Does that mean one of the reforms is to put the military firmly under civilian control? Great! thumbsup.gif

Can someone point that part out in the draft constitution, I want to read it for myself.

>>The prime minister insisted that his political roadmap remains unchanged despite all the talks about changing roadmap.<< Quote

Yeah sure, with a few changes:attachicon.gifdetour.jpg

I wish I could buy a copy of this road map somewhere. I have led a bit of a directionless life up to this point but with this map I am hoping to change that. I hope it is not in invisible ink to be redraw at will. Take me to my leader

give the man a chance - I actually believe his interests are focused on the Thai people and the nation - one thing is for sure - there is no easy solution because there are so many things wrong in this country

One thing the good PM needs to do is learn how to be a diplomat

give the man a chance - I actually believe his interests are focused on the Thai people and the nation - one thing is for sure - there is no easy solution because there are so many things wrong in this country

One thing the good PM needs to do is learn how to be a diplomat

Bla, bla, bla.

I honestly believe someone promised him gazillions to hold the coup and he is making it up as he goes along.

He said he knew who the rumour monger was and threatened legal actions against him.

He must be reading TVF !

No, seriously, we don't want them rumor mongers, mongering them darn rumors all over the place ! whistling.gif

POLITICS
No change to roadmap and no more coups: Prayut

KASAMAKORN CHANWAPEN
THE NATION

30262492-01_big.jpg?1434495016868

BANGKOK: -- GENERAL Prayut Chan-o-cha, the National Council for Peace and Order leader and premier, reaffirmed yesterday that there would be no adjustment to the junta's roadmap, saying that related bodies would dissolve if things go well as planned.

The PM responded to a question on whether there would be a change to the roadmap such as an extension of the tenure of the NCPO or National Reform Council (NRC). He said firmly that he was strict to current plans and thus there should be no changes.

"The roadmap won't be adapted. The time has been set on when we will leave if the draft constitution is passed. If not, we'll have to figure it out," he said.

Prayut noted the performance of the NRC, saying Reform Council members had been working hard and had good intentions to help improve the country. However, it was a difficult task because the council was made up of many people from different backgrounds.

"My assignment to them is to think about how we can push the country to move forward. But, it hasn't worked very well because there are too many people and each of them just has different thoughts [on what to do]. What's more, reform is a big process. It will probably take 10 years to complete. But, I'm not going to stick around that long. When the new constitution is finalised, I'll leave," Prayut said.

He also voiced concern over the reform process, saying there should be a national strategy that governments carry on in addition to policies of each party - so reform can be sustained and not abandoned when governments change.

Regarding rumours about another coup attempt, Prayut said that he didn't pay much attention to that, adding that there wouldn't be any more coups and it was not a good thing.

He said seizing power was not fun. It came with huge responsibility. Also, he noted that nobody wanted that sort of duty and thus there wouldn't be any coup anytime soon.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/No-change-to-roadmap-and-no-more-coups-Prayut-30262492.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-06-17

Reminds me of the "The war to end all wars".

We learn from history that we do not learn from history, that's for sure :D

True. You would think the dear General had some knowledge and understanding of Thai military history. Military coups are an entrenched process in the Thai political system. It results from constitutions which not only allowed but condoned mass political protests in opposition to duly elected governments. Nonsense, such as prosecuting elected officials for quashing the protesters, where the protesters disrupt essential government functions or commit violence, makes for powerless and ineffective governments. Historically, the military has had little choice but to intervene, lest the Nation fall into anarchy and chaos.

Well there you have it, the guy who imposed Martial Law and publicly stated at that time that it was not a coup, then changed his mind a few days later and led the last coup has said that there won't be any more of that nonsense.

And what on earth is this constant reference to some roadmap? This is Thailand where any sort of map is a totally alien concept.

Yeah sure, with a few changes:attachicon.gifdetour.jpg

I wish I could buy a copy of this road map somewhere. I have led a bit of a directionless life up to this point but with this map I am hoping to change that. I hope it is not in invisible ink to be redraw at will. Take me to my leader

Here is what it looks like. It's a never-ending path.

post-233034-0-58486300-1434513238_thumb.

I like how he said "seizing power" wasn't much fun as opposed to "removing a dysfunctional and unpopular Government" which many Kool aid drinkers believe.

I also notice he didn't use the words "interventions" but rather the word coup, so at least his veil is slipping by admitting it was a coup, and the only way he can guarantee there will be no more coups is by having th army remain in power indefinately.

Or that the next Governemnt of hand picked politicians will toe the line, and be servants of the Military as opposed to be servants to the people?

He can guarantee that there will be no more coups because the PTP or whatever it's latter guise will be will never again win an election if if the polls say they are a minority but the farmers and the poor might, just might go back to voting for a Red Leadership?

He's so sure that the decks have been stacked that the democrats/Junta will now forever be the ONLY party to rule Thailand?

I can recall a few other dubious characters from the Middle East who also thought along these very same lines.

No more coups Mr PM, even if your economy maybe takes a nose dive next year?

>>He said seizing power was not fun. It came with huge responsibility. Also, he noted that nobody wanted that sort of duty and thus there wouldn't be any coup anytime soon.<< Quote

Yeah sure!!

But better watch your back until little brother is confirmed as Chief of Army................coffee1.gif

Does that mean one of the reforms is to put the military firmly under civilian control? Great! thumbsup.gif

Can someone point that part out in the draft constitution, I want to read it for myself.

Article 6 of the draft 2015 Constitution, 2007 Constitution, and 1997 Constitution states:

"The Constitution is the supreme law of State. The provisions of any law, rule or regulation which are contrary to or inconsistent with this Constitution shall be unenforceable."

This provision might imply the acquisition and exercise of power by unconstitutional means, ie., military coup, would be illegal.

Article 68 of the 2007 Constitution under Part 13, "Right To Protect the Constitution," clears any ambiquity about treatment of military coups:

"No person shall exercise the rights and liberties described in the Constitution to overthrow the democratic regime of the government with the King as Head of State under this Constitution or to acquire the power to rule the country by any means which is not in accordance with the modes provided in this Constitution."

The draft 2015 Constitution omits this provision.

Seems the military wants to retain its options without having to once again abolish another constitution. Otherwise, coup leadership would be subject to still existing Article 113 of the Criminal Code, which states that anybody who commits treason by overthrowing the country's constitution faces the maximum penalty of death.

Welcome to the Junta's Reform of Justice.

Is that the Insurgents in the south you're talking about there? Yes, not to worry, Prayuth and Udomjet already stated that the insurgency will be over in 2015.

They are also predicting lottery numbers for August and September too as a side show.

There is quite a few malcontents in the South indeed, in fact they keep killing people and soldiers on a regular basis and blow up cars, people and property, perhaps it's time for a coup to stop the violence and killing?

Article 6 of the draft 2015 Constitution, 2007 Constitution, and 1997 Constitution states:

"The Constitution is the supreme law of State. The provisions of any law, rule or regulation which are contrary to or inconsistent with this Constitution shall be unenforceable."

This provision might imply the acquisition and exercise of power by unconstitutional means, ie., military coup, would be illegal.

Article 68 of the 2007 Constitution under Part 13, "Right To Protect the Constitution," clears any ambiquity about treatment of military coups:

"No person shall exercise the rights and liberties described in the Constitution to overthrow the democratic regime of the government with the King as Head of State under this Constitution or to acquire the power to rule the country by any means which is not in accordance with the modes provided in this Constitution."

The draft 2015 Constitution omits this provision.

Seems the military wants to retain its options without having to once again abolish another constitution. Otherwise, coup leadership would be subject to still existing Article 113 of the Criminal Code, which states that anybody who commits treason by overthrowing the country's constitution faces the maximum penalty of death.

Welcome to the Junta's Reform of Justice.

So it seems they left the door open a bit in case someone wants to stage another coup. Someone better tell Prayuth the CDC is the source of these coup rumours.