What is the best discount on these 2 BMW models?

MikePty

I'm looking at 2 2015 models; 320D GT Sport, listed at 3.2 million and the 528i M sport listed at 3.7 million.

Would it make a lot of difference to the discount depending on which dealer I bought from?

I've been offerred 5% off at the Rama IV dealer but I'm not sure if I'm going to get anything more than this.

I went to Pattaya yesterday and they said they would beat any BKK pricing but never gave a hard number.

Also, the dealer said the service shop can adjust the car computer to gain 16 hp (to 200 hp) on the 320D and gain 22hp (from 218hp to 240hp) on the 528i. This brings the numbers more in line with other countries.

Apparently they derate them at production to lower the tax penalty but after purchase, the customer can purchase this service and the warranty remains valid. Has anyone else come across this?

I know about aftermarket power chips but this is a BMW service and sounds reasonable as the 525D is 250hp outside of Thailand but only 218hp on the showroom floor.

Thanks....

The 320D GT Is a nice car, Loads of room in the back also (even more than the 5 series)

If you have the extra 500,000 you should go for the 5 series though.

The Car Computer Adjustment is not really quite correct, it is actually an official BMW part kit where they replace the ECU, Intercooler and sometimes the Fan, once fitted you actually gain more than the stated increase, this is not advertised obviously smile.png

The kit will cost you around 60,000 + and yes it does not affect the 5 year warranty.

5% off 3,200,000 is 160,000 Baht = More than i got off my 320D GT in Pattaya !

Plus dont expect to meet any reasonable English speaking member of the sales team there that will explain much about anything technical, it just does not happen unfortunately.

"Edit to follow Topic"

Edited by pattayapip

The 320D GT Is a nice car, Loads of room in the back also (even more than the 5 series)

The Car Computer Adjustment is not really quite correct, it is actually an official BMW part kit where they replace the ECU, Intercooler and sometimes the Fan, once fitted you actually gain more than the stated increase, this is not advertised obviously smile.png

The kit will cost you around 60,000 + and yes it does not affect the 5 year warranty.

Plus dont expect to meet any reasonable English speaking member of the sales team there that will explain much about anything technical, it just does not happen unfortunately.

"Edit to follow Topic"

Just one question,Why on earth run a diesel BMW over here? I ran a diesel for work in Germany to save on the high cost of fuel ( due to my over 100,000 km per year )

But why? they are smelly noisy, If you can afford a BMW over here,you can also afford the low cost of 91 or E 20?

Personaly I would buy a top of the range Jap car.

"Edit to follow Topic"

Just one question,Why on earth run a diesel BMW over here? I ran a diesel for work in Germany to save on the high cost of fuel ( due to my over 100,000 km per year )

But why? they are smelly noisy, If you can afford a BMW over here,you can also afford the low cost of 91 or E 20?

I for one like the drive characteristics of a diesel. There is a reason they're even selling cabrio diesels.

"Edit to follow Topic"

I for one like the drive characteristics of a diesel. There is a reason they're even selling cabrio diesels.

That is interesting tell me one of them. ( 4ltr to 100km?) cost of fuel? Or does it bring back memories of the old John Deere 3020 back home ?

"Edit to follow Topic"

That is interesting tell me one of them. ( 4ltr to 100km?) cost of fuel? Or does it bring back memories of the old John Deere 3020 back home ?

He's probably referring to the substantial amount of torque that's available compared to a petrol engine. Is that interesting enough for you?

"Edit to follow Topic"

He's probably referring to the substantial amount of torque that's available compared to a petrol engine. Is that interesting enough for you?

Exactly, thanks, especially at low rpm's, much relaxter driving IMO. Seems quite obvious since I was talking about drive characteristics.

Edited by stevenl

I really like the size and driving characteristics of the 320d Sport. Mine came with M trim which really improves the look both inside and out. All the 5s I have seen in Chiang Mai have a very stodgy color pallet. White with a red interior is much more sporty in my opinion. Have you looked at the new 4 series? A friend has taken a fancy to the coupe and it is a beautiful car.

Sport driving mode in the mountains between Chiang Rai and Chiang Mai is a blast and makes the 500 km roundtrip for service a real pleasure. Since we kept the Forturner as our utility vehicle we wanted a smaller car so the 320 has worked out perfectly. If you wait a little they may come up with some promotions later in the year.

I would try to go back to the dealer on Rama 4. I bought my 525d there and was able to negotiate a discount of 300,000, and M sport front and rear spoilers with V Kool film.

I went to other dealers and the most they would offer was 5%.

I really like the size and driving characteristics of the 320d Sport. Mine came with M trim which really improves the look both inside and out. All the 5s I have seen in Chiang Mai have a very stodgy color pallet. White with a red interior is much more sporty in my opinion. Have you looked at the new 4 series? A friend has taken a fancy to the coupe and it is a beautiful car.

Sport driving mode in the mountains between Chiang Rai and Chiang Mai is a blast and makes the 500 km roundtrip for service a real pleasure. Since we kept the Forturner as our utility vehicle we wanted a smaller car so the 320 has worked out perfectly. If you wait a little they may come up with some promotions later in the year.

I am more than happy with the 320D M Sport I have, but if I had to go and think it all out again I should have purchased a 420D M Sport Coupe, as there is never more than 2 people in the car. I use my Pajero for the eventful stuff.

On the new 5 series no more 6 pots so that would kill it for me if I required a car this big

SO RIGHT !!!!

I always wonder about these cheap charlies who pretend to own a German car and buy it diesel...

"Edit to follow Topic"

"Edit to follow Topic"

Exactly, thanks, especially at low rpm's, much relaxter driving IMO. Seems quite obvious since I was talking about drive characteristics.

Well everyone to their own. Sure we all know about the amount of torque at low reves, ( we were not born yesterday ) I ran a C220 AMG in 2008 It would knock the spots of the diesel cars you are on about. I was pleased to get back to driving a petrol engine again. Also there is something called weight and power raito

Thanks for all the replies. We're test driving both cars on Saturday then will choose one. I'll try for a 300K baht discount from the Rama IV dealer plus the options and see what they say.

If you have issues with the staff not speaking English ask for Ying she sold me the car I purchased from Lad Prao, but works in the sales office at the Rama outlet.

Sorry correction Weight and power ratio. Diesel engines are heavy,

The difference between petrol and diesel cars have closed over the last few years. For example the 320i is only 10kg lighter than the 320D. Both have 2L turbo engines with only 4hp difference, so power to weight ratio and max acceleration is very similar. The new direct injection petrol engines also have a lot more torque at low speed than conventional fuel injection. Not quiet the same as the diesel but still very good with ample performance.

For a small car like the 3 series, the fuel cost saving for the diesel is only really worth while if the car does high kms. Do the test drive Mike and make your choice. Good Luck with the negotiating.

Test drove both cars today.....no comparison. The 320D GT Sport was okay....not a stand out but competent. The 528I M felt stable, comfortable, relaxing, quiet.....very nice car.

And thanks to the poster about the discount at RamaIV, Pattaya matched it. List 3.8 million baht, sell for 3.5 million with tint, front / rear underskirts, insurance, 5 yr mtce, etc.

US price is $60,000 USD + tax or about 2 million baht + tax. It actually works out lower price for myself because I used investment capital gains for purchase which were razed at 0% in Thailand and 30% at home. So all in all, these cars are not priced as bad as you might think in Thailand.

Overall, I think cost is somewhere around 1000 baht per day for depreciation and cost of capital. Not cheap but it is a great driving car and with the power upgrade, I'll be 250 hp at about 30 mpg on the highway. M brother's older 535 gets half that mileage.

Test drove both cars today.....no comparison. The 320D GT Sport was okay....not a stand out but competent. The 528I M felt stable, comfortable, relaxing, quiet.....very nice car.

And thanks to the poster about the discount at RamaIV, Pattaya matched it. List 3.8 million baht, sell for 3.5 million with tint, front / rear underskirts, insurance, 5 yr mtce, etc.

US price is $60,000 USD + tax or about 2 million baht + tax. It actually works out lower price for myself because I used investment capital gains for purchase which were razed at 0% in Thailand and 30% at home. So all in all, these cars are not priced as bad as you might think in Thailand.

Overall, I think cost is somewhere around 1000 baht per day for depreciation and cost of capital. Not cheap but it is a great driving car and with the power upgrade, I'll be 250 hp at about 30 mpg on the highway. M brother's older 535 gets half that mileage.

And?