AirAsia named 'World's Best Low Cost Airline'

webfact

AirAsia named 'World's Best Low Cost Airline'

PARIS - AirAsia has been named the World's Best Low Cost Airline and Asia's Best Low Cost Airline for the seventh consecutive year at the Skytrax World's Airline Awards held at the Paris Air Show.

Skytrax is the global benchmark of airline excellence and one of the most prestigious accolades for the airline industry with 19 million customer surveys completed worldwide by over 160 nationalities, measuring standards across 41 key performance indicators of an airline's front-line products and services.

Tony Fernandes, group CEO of AirAsia, was present to receive the awards at the Paris Air Show 2015 along with CEOs from the AirAsia Group.

"We faced many challenges this past year but I am proud to say that our staff banded together for our guests and we have emerged stronger than ever. To be named the 'World's Best' for the seventh consecutive year is an incredible honour, and I dedicate it to the 17,000 AirAsia Allstars who are the force behind it all," Fernandes said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/AirAsia-named-Worlds-Best-Low-Cost-Airline-30262501.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-06-17

Their website often does not work. Once you pick a flight, then enter your personal information, the website quits working. Calling them results in them telling you that both your computer and the hotel computer does not work. It also results in me purchasing a ticket on Cebu Pacific as Air Asia has no ticket offices in Cebu City.

Last year, I got stuck because of Typhoon Yolanda. After waiting fruitlessly on the phone hotline for three hours, I gave up. I stopped at an Air Asia office at the airport, and I was told they cannot do anything about re-scheduling. All they can do is sell me a new ticket. I ended up going to the terminal a day later and talked to the terminal manager who got me on a flight that had over 30 empty seats.

Five months later, Air Asia emailed me to ask me when I wanted to re-schedule my flight.

Best airline as long as you were not one of the 200+ dead on their Flight from Surabaya to Singapore last December, everyone seems to have forgotten that but I am sure the families have not.

All major airlines have accidents.

Best airline as long as you were not one of the 200+ dead on their Flight from Surabaya to Singapore last December, everyone seems to have forgotten that but I am sure the families have not.

Was that a wholly owned flight of Air Asia or perhaps just some sort of "franchise" arrangement with another countries air line industry? coffee1.gif

Besides there are many more people killed in motor accidents than in the air!

I've flown AirAsia on a number of occasions and think the Airline does a pretty decent job. I guess I've been lucky as I've never had an issue with their website or anything else with the carrier.

I would prefer they improve their accounting department so that they don't use an outside agent and therefore charge 200 THB for making a reservation but that's not anything that would deter me from flying with them.

I have been surprised to find after making reservations I always get a confirmation of a life insurance policy for the upcoming flight. We've never elected to buy the policy and I'm not sure what the charge is for it. I've never noticed it on the listing of charges at the end of the reservation process.

I've flown AirAsia on a number of occasions and think the Airline does a pretty decent job. I guess I've been lucky as I've never had an issue with their website or anything else with the carrier.

I would prefer they improve their accounting department so that they don't use an outside agent and therefore charge 200 THB for making a reservation but that's not anything that would deter me from flying with them.

I have been surprised to find after making reservations I always get a confirmation of a life insurance policy for the upcoming flight. We've never elected to buy the policy and I'm not sure what the charge is for it. I've never noticed it on the listing of charges at the end of the reservation process.

In the past they just added the insurance during the ordering process and you had to specifically click CANCEL to delete it. Was quite cheeky. A lot of people complained and the process is more transparent now I believe.

Tony Fernandes and Richard Branson are brilliant and have proven it over, and over again

I would throw Michael O'Leary in that group as well.

Hard to argue against the award.

People should remember what an LLC airline is all about.

It is all about cost. They are cheap and cheerful and virtually everything Air Asia does ticks the box in that respect.

If you want a better quality service there are an adequate number of providers for you to choose from.

Like many low cost carriers, Air Asia have been responsible for opening new routes all over the place.

• 2 weeks later...

Tony Fernandes and Richard Branson are brilliant and have proven it over, and over again

I would throw Michael O'Leary in that group as well.

Hard to argue against the award.

People should remember what an LLC airline is all about.

It is all about cost. They are cheap and cheerful and virtually everything Air Asia does ticks the box in that respect.

If you want a better quality service there are an adequate number of providers for you to choose from.

Like many low cost carriers, Air Asia have been responsible for opening new routes all over the place.

I agree.

Never had a problem with Air Asia or Ryanair.

It does what it says on the tin.

They also keep the prices of competitors down.

If youndon't like low cost carriers pay more and fly with someone else.

As for accidents ...well without mentioning any names one big flag carrier had a bad 2014!