Where is World Trade Center and Thai art & craft center

Foreverford

I went looking for a place that I thought was called the the World Trade Center. It had a bottom floor in a lower level that was huge and full of Thai arts and crafts. this was many years ago when I was more lucid. I went recently and my memory of it is across from Central World but now all i find is Gaysorn and they are very very upscale and not what I am looking for. Does anyone know where there is a place that has large quantities of Thai crafts? I have been to MBK and they don't fit the bill unfortunately. thanks for any help

I think that the place you are looking for is now located in a new building across from MBK. When you exit the National Stadium ticket wicket, instead of turning right to go into the Tokyo Department Store in MBK, turn left and go into the new building there.

On the site of what is now Central World was what used to be called World Trade Centre back in the 90's so you were nearly correct! There was also a big Thai arts and craft place directly opposite. The BACC mentioned above would have very little in common with the type of goods you remember, quite a pricey place. Depending what you are looking for Chatuchak can be best for prices and variety on a lot of handicrafts.

I think narai phand now has a shop in the Isetan. I have seen it there but much smaller then when it was under the gaysorn building.

Isetan is a departmentstore in teh Central World mall.

Edited by Thian