where to by heavy duty rain jacket

2008bangkok

Well the rainy season is upon us and i got my first taste of getting soaked by the time i got to work this morning so im on the look out for a decent heavy duty rain jacket, one that can be rolled up and used time and time againl not look the cheap crap ones from tesco.

Anybody know where to buy in pattaya that are similar to the picture below/

Thanks

post-57942-0-74638400-1434599848_thumb.j

This is not the North Atlantic - if you wear such a jacket here for more than a few minutes you will be as wet inside as outside due to sweat. Buy an umbrella and get dual protection - sun and rain.wai.gif

This is not the North Atlantic - if you wear such a jacket here for more than a few minutes you will be as wet inside as outside due to sweat. Buy an umbrella and get dual protection - sun and rain.wai.gif

Lol, it's only necessary when driving my bike

Umbrella would not work well for that.biggrin.png

Believe they do have higher grades of plastic jackets but not sure where for sale. But wet from rain will leave you smelling better than from sweat so not sure you want too much protection.

I bought a North Face one from a shop in the Pattaya Night Bazaar on second road enter from there at the right hand entrance and nearly at the back on the right hand side. Jacket with no liner was 1000 baht.

just ordered 2 more ponchos from Mountain Warehouse with current promotional half price offer of £5.99 My first one was thoroughly tested and did a splendid job in yesterday morning's early morning downpour. Strong, good size and durable as it also withstood the associated strong winds.

just ordered 2 more ponchos from Mountain Warehouse with current promotional half price offer of £5.99 My first one was thoroughly tested and did a splendid job in yesterday morning's early morning downpour. Strong, good size and durable as it also withstood the associated strong winds.

In assuming they have no branch in pattaya??

some folks are just too narrow minded to be grateful for anything possible positive and also aimed at a wider interested community but hey ho, twas ever thus

And yes, 2008bangkok, Mountain Warehouse has I believe 7 or 8 outlets in central Pattaya alone to my knowledge (check their website) but sadly none in BKK itself. Sorry about that

some folks are just too narrow minded to be grateful for anything possible positive and also aimed at a wider interested community but hey ho, twas ever thus

And yes, 2008bangkok, Mountain Warehouse has I believe 7 or 8 outlets in central Pattaya alone to my knowledge (check their website) but sadly none in BKK itself. Sorry about that

Jeez man lighten up,....

No1. I was only joking

No2. There is no mention of any Mountain Warehouse stores in Thailand let alone Pattaya on either there store locator website or map..

No3. You mentioned the priced in GBP insinuating you purchased in UK not in THB in Thailand.

Maybe you are referring to Export shop??? Or maybe you could let me and future readers who may have the same prediciment where 2 of these stores are in Central Pattaya please.

Edited by 2008bangkok

Never knew Mountain Warehouse had outlets in Thailand?

Where are they in Pattaya then?

http://www.mountainwarehouse.com/stores/

They don't. Just lightening up.

I ordered from UK having bought my first one in UK.

The wider community might choose to view and then order as I did maybe

So basically your contradicting your own statement by suggesting that a completly false statement is positive of which it isn't.

Have to agree about rain jackets making you sweat,

best bet if out on your bike is to find some shelter and wait it out 7/11's are good.

If you're late for an apointment /date just mention the rain all will be forgiven ( most of the time )

I've seen see plenty of Thais riding motorbikes holding unbrellas rain and shine !

Edited by johng

They don't. Just lightening up.

I ordered from UK having bought my first one in UK.

The wider community might choose to view and then order as I did maybe

So basically your contradicting your own statement by suggesting that a completly false statement is positive of which it isn't.

absobloodylutely sir!

Weblink?

Just a suggestion - Maybe take a look in some golf shops for proper waterproof and windproof suits that don't make you sweat too much.

Also fishing tackle shops, I have an excellent top and trousers, 360 baht From Bang Saray shop,