Selling Bike In Previouse Owners Name

AusSi

Hey All,

So I bought a bike about 11 months ago, but never bothered to transfer it into my name. I have a signed copy of the previous owners passport and a copy of their old visa but that visa has expired and obviously i have the green book.

I am wondering what I need to do in order to sell this bike so the person has the option to transfer it into their name without too much hassle?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Simon

Residency certificate from the Owner..Enough Visa time Remaining to make the transfer from the Owner..Signed Govt Papers and signed book by the owner...If None of these are done You can't sell it....The Owner Not you has to sell it..Your Not the Ownere since it is Not in your Name..

Ah that sux. I have all of those except the visa is expired.

Ok cool thanks for your help man, it looks like ill have to take another avenue that i didn't want to have to take.

Cheers,

Si

Unless you can find the previous owner and get updated documents

I would say its almost impossible for you to sell it yourself

Go and talk to some of the "agents/fixers" that are set up around your local department of land transportation ( DLT )

I bought one of my bikes from a farang that had left the country. He left me a stack of papers and the green book.

When I went to put it in my name my name, I went to get help from a local shop as it needed a puncture fixed, inspection and insurance too.

Turns out that it was never in the previous owner's name, it had been three years since he bought it, but he did have the copy of the Thai ID and PoA of the last registered owner. The people in the shop started pointing at dates and talking to me in Thai but I had no clue what was going on. I guess they were telling me that some of the documents were out of date.

I just asked "how much?" a few times and eventually they said 2,000 baht. So I said OK, 1,000 now, 1,000 when I get the papers in my name. They told me to come back in two weeks!

I did and they had the green book in my name. Sorted.

I have no idea how they did it, and I don't care. I'm sure 2,00 baht was too much, but I certainly get the feeling that if I'd tried to do it myself it would have caused more than 2,000 baht's worth of stress and time!

I bought one of my bikes from a farang that had left the country. He left me a stack of papers and the green book.

When I went to put it in my name my name, I went to get help from a local shop as it needed a puncture fixed, inspection and insurance too.

Turns out that it was never in the previous owner's name, it had been three years since he bought it, but he did have the copy of the Thai ID and PoA of the last registered owner. The people in the shop started pointing at dates and talking to me in Thai but I had no clue what was going on. I guess they were telling me that some of the documents were out of date.

I just asked "how much?" a few times and eventually they said 2,000 baht. So I said OK, 1,000 now, 1,000 when I get the papers in my name. They told me to come back in two weeks!

I did and they had the green book in my name. Sorted.

I have no idea how they did it, and I don't care. I'm sure 2,00 baht was too much, but I certainly get the feeling that if I'd tried to do it myself it would have caused more than 2,000 baht's worth of stress and time!

That's actually easier.. They just track down the original Thai owner!