Mass shooting at Charleston church in South Carolina leaves 9 dead

webfact

Well, turns out this Roof guy has a lot of black friends. Kills the racism claim. And, one more time, that quote from the NAACP person was not a direct quote from an eyewitness, as she herself said.

The world except for the far out right wing sees the guy as a psychotic and a racist.

I am certain time will prove you wrong and it won't take long either.

In fact you are wrong already.

You would claim the guy was racist if he was black. The article is about a shooting, not your hatreds. Or your political ideology. Or your hatred for anyone that disagrees with you.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, turns out this Roof guy has a lot of black friends. Kills the racism claim. And, one more time, that quote from the NAACP person was not a direct quote from an eyewitness, as she herself said.

Here from the Young Conservative website is further proof that you are wrong and of how galactically wrong you are.....

Roommate of Charleston Church Shooter Had a Feeling Something Terrible Was Going to Happen

Dylann Roof, the alleged gunman authorities say is responsible for killing nine people in a predominantly black Charleston, South Carolina, church Wednesday night, had been “planning something like that for six months,” according to his roommate.

Dalton Tyler, who said he has known Roof for seven months to one year, said he saw the white, 21-year-old suspect just last week.

“He was big into segregation and other stuff,” Tyler said. “He said he wanted to start a civil war. He said he was going to do something like that and then kill himself.”

Tyler said he met Roof, a Lexington, South Carolina native, through a good friend. He also said Roof’s parents, with whom he said the suspect was “on and off,” had previously bought him a gun but never allowed him to take it with him until this past week.

http://www.youngcons.com/roommate-of-charleston-church-shooter-had-a-feeling-something-terrible-was-going-to-happen/

What a load of crap. Fox is covering the story in depth and offering all the different theories about the crime.

http://www.foxnews.com/

Considering the guy had:

- A license plate saying Confederate States of America

- A jacket with flags of the South African Apartheid flag and Rhodeisa (White Power over Blacks) flag

- Said to the victims black people rape his women and are taking over his country and need to go

Seems pretty obvious that you don't need theories anymore.

Correct and Fox News reported all these things as soon as they became known. They - and every other network - were speculating what this was all about when no one knew who the shooter was or what his motive was. It is ironic how much the Fox-haters distort the truth.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Now, that more certain facts have surfaced I must say: "I am sorry, very sorry".

Frankly, I was hoping that there was a hidden agenda behind his awful crime.

Something, like an act of vengeance, retaliation for some blacks attack on his loved ones.

In fact I was looking for not an excuse, but understanding, some kind of rationality.

As it turned out it is much worse. And sad. The bastard must be put to death, no if's or but's.

Or maybe it was somebody from the Religion of Peace.

Now that the Islamic subject has been broached, why not wait a few days until the authorities can come up with some plausible answers.

Has it been confirmed that Dylann Roof is a Muslim ?

Now that the Islamic subject has been broached, why not wait a few days until the authorities can come up with some plausible answers.

I have heard no such thing or indeed any mention of his religious identification.

White southern racists like him, obviously he's a VERY extreme case, are usually Christian in cultural identification but that doesn't necessarily mean religious or a regular church goer.

We waited and plausible answers have come out. He is apparently not a Muslim.

Ban the guns! 3 year olds getting access to guns, religious and racist bigots being able to gain access to guns so freely. Why would anyone want to own a gun unless you live in the outback and you need protection against wild animals or want to hunt.

How many news reports do you hear of guns being used to protect against being used to assault and kill?

I think Jim Jefferies sumed it up best. Cant really see a fault in his logic!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL8JEEt2RxI

Nope, no evidence he might be a Muslim.

Just a good old fashioned white southern red blooded American racist loner with a gun from his Christian father and Confederate license plates who went to church one day.

Nothing more than that so far....

Just a good old fashioned white southern red blooded American racist loner with a gun from his Christian father and Confederate license plates who went to church one day.

So, this guy drives 114 miles/183 kms from his home place to kill 9 innocent people and killed a senator -only black senator from SC- and he has no agenda ? Edited by Thorgal

Those who apologize for the racist hater and cold blooded mass murderer are sinners not saints.

He wanted to start a civil war because he's certain whites are being run out by black racism.

Not the first time I'd heard that either.

Those who apologize for the racist hater and cold blooded mass murderer are sinners not saints.

He wanted to start a civil war because he's certain whites are being run out by black racism.

Not the first time I'd heard that either.

So it's clear now that race was in fact the motivation. Crystal clear. What's the chance that sdaniel will admit his mistake?

So, this guy drives 114 miles/183 kms from his home place to kill 9 innocent people and killed a senator -only black senator from SC- and he has no agenda ?

Don't misinterpret my sarcasm toward the right who are trying hard to create this guy as some kind of foreign presence in the United States.

If you have read the thread and my posts to it you could accurately read the post you quote. The right winger is a racist mass murderer....so now kindly re-read the post you quote, which says

The guy is a racist mass murderer with starting another civil war on the brain.

Do try to keep up plse thx or you won't ever get to sit at the adult table.

http://www.readingrockets.org/article/using-think-alouds-improve-reading-comprehension

Edited by Publicus

I found that infowars video inflammatory and offensive and not worthy of response.

Beyond that, it's interesting there is no legal way to charge extra for hate crimes in South Carolina.

It wouldn't matter anyway as far as sentencing ... he's going to be charged with multiple murders.

That's more than enough.

That said, it seems likely an insanity defense will be mounted.

The shooter is clearly a racist who hates black people in a very extreme way, insane or not.

To add, they could charge a hate crime at the federal level but I really don't understand why.

S.C. has the death penalty. Why not just do it all there?

Yet you did.

Ban the guns!

This is politically impossible in the USA.

There could be incidents like Charleston daily and that still wouldn't happen.

Why? Australia did it after their biggest massacre. In reality Governments do things everyday that the public do not like. After a few months everyone will forget!

So, this guy drives 114 miles/183 kms from his home place to kill 9 innocent people and killed a senator -only black senator from SC- and he has no agenda ?

That is incorrect.

The victim was most certainly NOT the only black S.C. STATE senator (comprising 46 members).

http://www.scstatehouse.gov/member.php?chamber=S

Edited by Jingthing

What a load of crap. Fox is covering the story in depth and offering all the different theories about the crime.

http://www.foxnews.com/

Fox is doing their level best to keep off the narrative that them doing their daily angry white man rants against blacks and constantly implying that they deserve their treatment at the hands of white police has in some way helped stoke the tension.

They are also particularly outraged that they have been called out for it.

Kelly did nothing but try and go on about "healing", when the bitch has probably been the most racist of the lot.

Hannity is spending his time talking about drugs being an issue.

That station has gone beyond a joke.

No wonder the average age of viewers is 68, you have to be senile to consider any of that "news".

Ban the guns!

Why? Australia did it after their biggest massacre. In reality Governments do things everyday that the public do not like. After a few months everyone will forget!

You're not American, right?

The USA is NOT Australia.

The gun thing is ingrained in the U.S.

Sure there may be very minor so called "reforms" but banning totally impossible.

Be clear I am not supporting the gun culture in the U.S., I don't, just facing the political reality.

Edited by Jingthing

In this particular attack,its been described as a hate crime.One can only assume its a hate crime against black people and therefore racist too.

Apart from this,also the easy access to a firearm makes it easier to carry out.

Of course. The object of the hate in the crime was black people, so yes racist, no doubt about it.

There are some interesting parallels between the shooter and Charles Manson.

Both:

came from the South

were of slight build

dropped out of school early

came from broken homes and suffered from poor parenting

had difficulty finding employment

developed intense racial hatred at an early age

were socially maladjusted

had a fascination with guns

committed crimes which deeply shocked America and the rest of the world, so much so that they are considered "demonic" in nature.

Many people forget that the Tate-LaBianca murders were committed by Manson and his followers in the hopes of triggering a race war between whites and blacks.

Both:

came from the South

were of slight build

committed crimes which deeply shocked America and the rest of the world, so much so that they are considered "demonic" in nature.

Many people forget that the Tate-LaBianca murders were committed by Manson and his followers in the hopes of triggering a race war between whites and blacks.

Manson didn't kill anyone.

Ban the guns!

You're not American, right?

The USA is NOT Australia.

The gun thing is ingrained in the U.S.

Sure there may be very minor so called "reforms" but banning totally impossible.

Be clear I am not supporting the gun culture in the U.S., I don't, just facing the political reality.

No but i have spent a few years there and have parents, sisters and family there. They all are against gun ownership, possibly because they have a rational, working brain. There is no reason for the general public to own guns. Any reason put forward for gun ownership, supported or not is irrational.

Now, that more certain facts have surfaced I must say: "I am sorry, very sorry".

Something, like an act of vengeance, retaliation for some blacks attack on his loved ones.

In fact I was looking for not an excuse, but understanding, some kind of rationality.

As it turned out it is much worse. And sad. The bastard must be put to death, no if's or but's.

Yes, white christians don't do things like this.

Both:

came from the South

were of slight build

I bet there's few guy's fitting that description, apart from last line, down south right now.

That is incorrect.

The victim was most certainly NOT the only black S.C. STATE senator (comprising 46 members).

http://www.scstatehouse.gov/member.php?chamber=S

Check out the class 2 and 3 senators of SC...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_Senators_from_South_Carolina#Class_3

Yes, white christians don't do things like this.

This was a hate crime indeed but it had nothing to do with hatred against a religion.

The killer wasn't targeting people in a church because they were Christian; it was instead about their RACE.

In the U.S. hate crimes include different kinds of hate motivations:

Racial (largest target in the U.S. is black people)

Religious Identity (largest target in the U.S. is Jews, even more than Muslims)

Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity (as in minorities like gay people and transgender people)

To complicate matters, there is an overlap of religious and race/ethnic hatred. For example haters might hate people who look Arab and assume they are Muslim, so what part is the ethnicity and what part the religion? Jews of course are an ethno-religious group so that's not purely about either ethnicity or religion. So it's not always clear cut.

Again, THIS crime was about RACE.

To add, for those who have experience with the culture of the American South (sadly that includes me), we know how important the role of Christian churches are there, for blacks and whites. I think that's probably another reason the killer picked this target, being a southerner he knew the importance of black churches to black southern people, and in his goal of sparking race war, he thought hitting a black church would be particularly socially disturbing.

I was advised there ... it's OK if you're not Christian as well, but you need to have some religion, if you tell southerners you're an atheist you're basically saying you're an evil person.

Edited by Jingthing