Good Seafood Restaurant In Huahin

moonoi

Hi

I normally live in BKK, however my family are visiting in Nov so we're coming to Hua Hin for a couple of days at the beach. I've been a few times in the past but as I'm allergic to seafood I don't know where to take my family (who all love seafood!). I'd appreciate any recommendations you can give. Its not important if they don't do none seafood stuff (but it would be nice!) because I can eat later.....just want to treat the family :o

Thanks in advance

Edited by moonoi

Up-market suggestion: Let's Sea. Absolutely wonderful food, even better architecture and setting. An extraordinary place to find in Thailand. It's just south of the Hyatt. Ask at your hotel for directions.

Down-market suggestion: any of the places on the pier in town. This is just north off the Hilton. Walk in, pick a place that appears to you, and eat.

Incidentally, in my experience, both the up market and the down market options cost about the same thing. Welcome to Thailand.

Up-market suggestion: Let's Sea. Absolutely wonderful food, even better architecture and setting. An extraordinary place to find in Thailand. It's just south of the Hyatt. Ask at your hotel for directions.

Down-market suggestion: any of the places on the pier in town. This is just north off the Hilton. Walk in, pick a place that appears to you, and eat.

Incidentally, in my experience, both the up market and the down market options cost about the same thing. Welcome to Thailand.

Cheers

Been in Thailand 18 months now btw :o thanks for the welcome though :D

For Let's Sea do you have to book in advance or ok to walk in?

We're staying at Baan Talay Dao btw

We've eaten at a number of the pier restaurants, all have been good and reasonable. All have had other, non-seafood options (Thai food, but not just seafood).

Haven't tried Let's Sea.

Let me know any good findings!

Well I know most of the piers and Lets Sea. The piers are fine as is Lets Sea. But Lets Sea is about 4k south of town and you will need a taxi to get there. Its much more "modern" in style than the typical HH place, its more expensive as well, but no big deal by western standards. I liked it, but last time I was there I was only around the corner - I still drove though - no street lights. If in town, I would be more than happy with what is in offer within walking distance.

Yes, Ollie is quite correct there. Walking to Lets Sea is out of the quesion no matter how close you are.

As for booking, on any ordinary night it is probably unnecessary, but I would do so on a three-day weekend or any other time Thais are down from Bangkok in mass.

Frankly I think it is worth the effort to go. It's an unusual experience in Thailand, so sophisticated in ambiance that you forget you're in the third world. I was absolutely astonished the first time I went.

This may sound like an odd thing to say but, if you go, don't miss checking out the toilets........

lets sea does have a good reputation for its food , i went once but upon seeing the place walked away. it was just too ultra trendy western for our liking that night. ive heard its also a good place for an afternoon drink or sundowner.

there is a thai restaurant near to the sailom hotel , its on the main road , same side as the silom , its called 'gin laaek' , the sign is in thai.

its a big place , half under cover , half outdoor , and always busy on weekends with thai visitors to hua hin.

an extensive menu of seafood and regular thai dishes ,its falang friendly , ive taken a few first time thailand visitors there and they have always enjoyed the food and atmosphere , its more of a thai experience compared to lets sea.

the food is excellent , very excellent , and the prices are thai not western.

I agree with old asia hand about lets sea - its not typical Thai. I liked it, it was okay, food was goodish and after it chucked it down and we all ventured indoors, they were very tolerant (my step son intent on wrecking the place).

As a Sth London guy, it was, to me, a wannabee place and all the better for that, cos' it wasn't, despite the intent.

I like what others on other forums have said, a good respite for walks along the beach from HH to the temple that marks the end of the beach.

Alrhough to be fair, the clientele was a bit different from the town centre. Up 2 U to decide if thats a good or bad thing? I'm from London so posuers are 10 a penny and they were out in force.

Will I go again? Yes, cos' the wife liked it and I thought it was okay and my working class background always rebels against the prats that stick their noses in the air at the likes of me, my wife and step-kid!

And I can afford it.

Cheers for all the suggestions

I think I'll give Let's Sea a try. I want somewhere special to take the family as its the last weekend they'll be here in Thailand :D Probably go on Friday night as I guess the hordes from BKK (which includes me :o) won't be out in force. I'll give the market or the piers a try on Sat night.

I think I'll give Let's Sea a try. I want somewhere special to take the family as its the last weekend they'll be here in Thailand :D Probably go on Friday night as I guess the hordes from BKK (which includes me :o) won't be out in force. I'll give the market or the piers a try on Sat night.

Good luck and I hope you all enjoy it - but do make a reservation as suggested. Looking over the sea wall at night with all the lights of the fishing boats is magical, you need to decide to be inside or out and some of the tables are quite a way back.

Extremely good call, I'd say. That's exactly what we do every time we go down.

Hi

I normally live in BKK, however my family are visiting in Nov so we're coming to Hua Hin for a couple of days at the beach. I've been a few times in the past but as I'm allergic to seafood I don't know where to take my family (who all love seafood!). I'd appreciate any recommendations you can give. Its not important if they don't do none seafood stuff (but it would be nice!) because I can eat later.....just want to treat the family :o

Thanks in advance

The CHAO LAY seafood restaurant at the very end of Dechanuchit Road extends over the beach. It is popular with foreign tourists but, the food is good, the service is slick, the beer is cold and the prices are fair. It's busy at weekends so you could face a wait unless you have a reservation or get there before 7pm.

PS They also do meat and veg Thai dishes and have a limited Western menu.

Edited by PETERTHEEATER