Govt launches community budget-food centers to help consumers

Lite Beer

I bring an case forward and all you is denounce me and drink coffee! Noting to say? No rebuttal? No articulate response and through frustration a feeble reply that denounces me while you sip on coffee?

That reply alone ensures i won this round.

You truly do mirror the party you support.

Thank god you don't have access to M79 grande launchers lest that frustration boil over.

He does not support any party, he is just an annoying troll who has racked up over 4,000 posts in 10 months !

He attacks both the reds and the junta as a way of getting more posts in.

Anyone who clocks up posts at that rate is a serious troll.

I still wish him all the best and hope he can understand reconciliation, peace and non violence is the way forward.

Mostly I hope he doesn't spend all his pension money on beer or spill that beer on his keyboard in a rushed attempt to get the first post in.

Feel for him my friend. Even the ones that support the most evil need our support.

Great initiative by the government again to alleviate pressure on the poor.

This co-op plan is very close to Khun Korns project with "IM Rice".

Lets hope it gets off the ground.

Remember red apologists anything that helps the poor is a good thing, but I await the excuses not because it is a a good scheme to help the poor, but because some are bitter and twisted the PTP didn't think of it and the Junta will get the credit for it. I imagine populist will be used by the very same people that were the loudest at defending the failed unsustainable rice scam previously. Confused bunch that they are.

Well done Prayut and co. Great work again.

I know, this might come as a surprise to you:

Thai people don't want food stamps, they want free speech and democracy returned...........

When millions protest against the PTP including farmers you denounce them as a minority (I thought farmers were the majority) yet when 7 students protest they are apparently the voice of the majority and you have the audacity to tell me what the majority want based on nothing more than beliefs!!!

That is PTP majority logic...The ethos is "I don't care what the majority want, I tell you what I think the majority want facts aside"

That my friend is why reform is needed because it is time to let the majority speak for themselves. They did with elections in 2010 which I expect. they did over the last 10 years which I accept. Fortunately they don't now which you unfortunately don't accept.

The only thing that surprises me from you in this article is you were not the first one to post a comment.

You are simply delusional !

Remember red apologists anything that helps the poor is a good thing, but I await the excuses not because it is a a good scheme to help the poor, but because some are bitter and twisted the PTP didn't think of it and the Junta will get the credit for it. I imagine populist will be used by the very same people that were the loudest at defending the failed unsustainable rice scam previously. Confused bunch that they are.

Thai people don't want food stamps, they want free speech and democracy returned...........

When millions protest against the PTP including farmers you denounce them as a minority (I thought farmers were the majority) yet when 7 students protest they are apparently the voice of the majority and you have the audacity to tell me what the majority want based on nothing more than beliefs!!!

That is PTP majority logic...The ethos is "I don't care what the majority want, I tell you what I think the majority want facts aside"

That my friend is why reform is needed because it is time to let the majority speak for themselves. They did with elections in 2010 which I expect. they did over the last 10 years which I accept. Fortunately they don't now which you unfortunately don't accept.

The only thing that surprises me from you in this article is you were not the first one to post a comment.

If you are unable to articulate an intelligent response and can only muster a frustrated feeble denouncement then maybe staying silent is your best bet.

It only makes you look bad.

Make it interesting mate and don't mirror the 7%'ers.

If you are unable to articulate an intelligent response and can only muster a frustrated feeble denouncement then maybe staying silent is your best bet.

7%l...lol. Sorry I can't articulate an intelligent response to your total nonsense . You sound like a child with the rubbish you write....

7%l...lol. Sorry I can't articulate an intelligent response to your total nonsense . You sound like a child with the rubbish you write....

Again, can't offer an intelligent rebut, but offer condescension due to frustration .

You are a great example of self fulfilling prophecy.

Mate, I beg you, give me something to work with instead of mirroring the red terrorists unintelligent rhetoric. I assume you are smart right? You can at least log into your TVF page so there must be a semblance of intellect?

OK. Apologies.. I see you are a child with your " drama's " (sic). You are 26 years old and You've only been here since 2011 and accordingly have only superficial knowledge of Thailand .. Just Khon Khaen Lol

Mate, Ive been living here since before you were even born and can tell you that your knowledge of Thailand and its politics and history is abysmal, simply non-existent

Nothing wrong with your principles, just a kindergarden education.

Good luck with all this, but don't stop writing your nonsense as it does provide some amusement to those better educated on Thai politics . I would certainly miss reading your incoherent and illogical ramblings!

OK. Apologies.. I see you are a child with your " drama's " (sic). You are 26 years old and You've only been here since 2011 and accordingly have only superficial knowledge of Thailand .. Just Khon Khaen Lol

Mate, Ive been living here since before you were even born and can tell you that your knowledge of Thailand and its politics and history is abysmal, simply non-existent

Good luck with all this, but don't stop writing your nonsense as it does provide some amusement to those better educated on Thai politics . I would certainly miss reading your incoherent and illogical ramblings!

Great that you have been here longer than me and I respect that..

Give me something to work with then. A semblance of intellect that shows you are smarter than me?

I want to envy your intellect.

All you seem to do is denounce me, condemned me and belittle me when I offer nothing but an intellectually appropriate response to the article. All your replies don't back up your elder intellect.

Prove me wrong my dear friend without attacking me.

Is this a populist policy? Is it sustainable? Do you think that any program that is sustainable is beneficial to the poor? Do you even care about the poor?

Please my friend don't prove the red terrorists right by falling victim to denouncing others that may intimidate you. Engage them (me) and we can seek answers.

That is democracy my friend...

Edited by djjamie

Here is a great example for you to prove you are older and smarter than me.

Rebut the following ing without attacking me, belittling me or condescending me.

Take a deep breath and give it a go my friend.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/834451-govt-launches-community-budget-food-centers-to-help-consumers/?p=9538772

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

The inanity associated with your comments just goes on and on and on. Do you know how this program will be structured and who will benefit? No, you do not, but there you are praising something you know absolutely nothing about. Well, read closely and you will learn some important details that characterize these types of programs, whether they are in Thailand or the USA or the EU or China:

1. Nutrition is not a priority. The food will feature heavily processed high sodium, high fat processed products. Why? Because these are the cheapest things to provide. The salt covers up the poor taste associated with low quality. The poor often have poor nutrition. They need nutritionally balanced food.

2. Fresh fruit and produce will not be a main feature. Instead there will be the factory farmed industrial produce which rely on chemicals. An example of this are the same sized identical bright orange carrots one sees at the grocery store. Nice and cheap, but are they good for people? There will be lots and lots of processed rice. In case you didn't know, Thailand has an epidemic of diabetes and heart disease. The people need more "raw" foods.

3. Fresh meat and fish will not be featured. Instead, I expect that the customers will be consuming old fish or factory farmed products that do not satisfy export quality standards.

These cheap food centers will be a nice dumping ground for crap and products that can't be sold to regular consumers. These characteristics are not unique to Thailand and are common to these types of initiatives. It is demonstrated in the school lunch program that has surplus food from USDA warehouses used. Meat that is often several years old and that has been sitting in a freezer is a highlight. In Canada, it was demonstrated by the tainted tuna fish scandal. Thailand had a similar scandal. Remember 2009?

Witoon Nambutr, Minister of Social Development and Human Security and a senior member of Abhisit's Democrat Party, was forced to resign only a month after the Democrats took office. Bad cans of fish, which made dozens of rural people violently ill, were handed out to flood victims by the government in the south.

How exactly would this alleviate pressure on the poor? Supporting farmers markets and providing affordable Thai fresh produce would be better overall. Merchants selling fried rice or fried dough or fried pork skin or fried chicken gizzards or fried shrimp that was fed drugs and feces and raised in a polluted river won't help anyone.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

The inanity associated with your comments just goes on and on and on. Do you know how this program will be structured and who will benefit? No, you do not, but there you are praising something you know absolutely nothing about. Well, read closely and you will learn some important details that characterize these types of programs, whether they are in Thailand or the USA or the EU or China:

1. Nutrition is not a priority. The food will feature heavily processed high sodium, high fat processed products. Why? Because these are the cheapest things to provide. The salt covers up the poor taste associated with low quality. The poor often have poor nutrition. They need nutritionally balanced food.

2. Fresh fruit and produce will not be a main feature. Instead there will be the factory farmed industrial produce which rely on chemicals. An example of this are the same sized identical bright orange carrots one sees at the grocery store. Nice and cheap, but are they good for people? There will be lots and lots of processed rice. In case you didn't know, Thailand has an epidemic of diabetes and heart disease. The people need more "raw" foods.

3. Fresh meat and fish will not be featured. Instead, I expect that the customers will be consuming old fish or factory farmed products that do not satisfy export quality standards.

These cheap food centers will be a nice dumping ground for crap and products that can't be sold to regular consumers. These characteristics are not unique to Thailand and are common to these types of initiatives. It is demonstrated in the school lunch program that has surplus food from USDA warehouses used. Meat that is often several years old and that has been sitting in a freezer is a highlight. In Canada, it was demonstrated by the tainted tuna fish scandal. Thailand had a similar scandal. Remember 2009?

Witoon Nambutr, Minister of Social Development and Human Security and a senior member of Abhisit's Democrat Party, was forced to resign only a month after the Democrats took office. Bad cans of fish, which made dozens of rural people violently ill, were handed out to flood victims by the government in the south.

How exactly would this alleviate pressure on the poor? Supporting farmers markets and providing affordable Thai fresh produce would be better overall. Merchants selling fried rice or fried dough or fried pork skin or fried chicken gizzards or fried shrimp that was fed drugs and feces and raised in a polluted river won't help anyone.

That is the best excuse yet to denounce the poor who you supported for the previous 4 years.

Thank you for reinforcing my point.

Does anyone have any detail on these "initiatives"?

How many of these food centers are there? Where are they? How do rural people get to them? Does anyone have access to them, or just "poor people".

Have any of the mentioned community markets and co-ops been opened? How many? Where?

The PM mentioned, in his weekly speech, that rural folk should be eating bugs and frogs. Will these delicacies be on offer at these food centers?

"bugs and frogs" eaten on a regular basis in this household.....but not by me! Also rats and the occasional snake....but again, not by me.

But I would say they qualify as staples, not delicacies!

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

That is the best excuse yet to denounce the poor who you supported for the previous 4 years.

Thank you for reinforcing my point.

My comments do not denounce the poor. No one with basic reading comprehension and rudimentary cognitive skills would draw that conclusion. Your reply that my detailed explanation is an excuse is your standard M.O. of making false statements and then running away when caught making inaccurate claims. Again, I ask, have you read the proposed plan, and do you have knowledge of how it will be implemented?

It seems that the answer is a very big NO. You haven't the slightest clue to how these types of programs work.

Perhaps if you had an education or real life work experience you would understand. Either that. or your ignorance is feigned as you seem to get your jollies from stirring up sh*t, by posting wild unfounded comments that defy common sense and actual empirical results.

My response takes into account similar plans around the world and past experience in Thailand. You weren't here when PM Anhisit promoted his milk for kids program. Abhisit meant well, but the program was ill conceived because Asians are lactose intolerant and despite the dairy industry's marketing, children do not need a dietary increase in high saturated animal fat.

These programs do not work. They never have because there are too many vested interests who meddle. As I stated previously, it doesn't matter who promotes the plan, What is needed is access to low cost fresh produce and protein sources, not access to low cost high sodium, high fat fried crap.

Maybe PM thinks this is a good thing to help the poor. I'll give him that. Lack of thought regarding long term consequences is what seems lacking. If subsidized food centers are successful, they will drive out vendors with "real world" pricing. More people will become poor and out of business. More centers would be set up. Thai poor would be more dependent on kindness of central government regarding primary reinforcer (food). More control = more power.

Street food vendors aren't part of some elite owned monopoly. There is stiff competition. One would think therefore that current price is correct and market driven. Messing with that, like with the rice scheme, can lead to all sorts of consequences and distortions.

Ok. Great work again. Again? Like what else? Not a single directive that wasn't grandstanding, or selectively enforced, or comprehensive has been accomplished. Not everyone who distrusts the junta is color coded and myopic.

I am sure there are several TVF members anxiously awaiting the opening of these food centres. Another opportunity to mingle with the natives.

Maybe the food centres are identified by the coloured balloons hanging out the front.

Feast for Farrang balloon chasers.

Thank god you don't have access to M79 grande launchers lest that frustration boil over.

Disgusting thing to say. You're a real piece of work you are.

I am the piece of work yet your ilk defend the guys throwing M79's?

Truth hurts my friend. It truly hurts.

Have great night my friend and I wish you nothing but peace.

Jamie, if you can find any evidence I defend people throwing M79s please produce it, otherwise an apology would be in order.

Furthermore, I am not a red shirt supporter. I actually give no support to either side, though at the moment the Junta are the most relevant side to comment on since they are in government and their adversaries are quiet.

If people are critical of the current government it does not mean they are supporters of another third world faction. By accusing innocent observers of such you show your stance is weak and without real content.

I also wish you nothing but peace.