life-savers sitting in a wrong place?

andreww

Today, while surfing on Bangtao, I observed quite strong rip current in front of Bliss. Unaware tourists bathing in rough waves, while nearest life-saving hut is 200m down the beach, located literally on the most abandoned spot of Bangtao.

Question, how to let life-savers bosses/company know about their staff wasting their time, minding noone, while tourists risking their lives swimming next to a rip-current?

And on the same note, is it reasonable to offer the company to clean beaches when there's noone in water? Right now it seems like those guys are getting paid for checking their smartphones all day long.

Funny this topic has been brought up. We noticed exactly the same thing while having lunch on Kamala beach today.
Red flags were up but there were lots of swimmers in the sea.

The guy up in the life guard tower was laying back on his chair playing on his phone . In the hour that we sat there we didn't see him stand up and look at swimmers once.Maybe it would be a good idea to ban electronic devices while on duty.

On second thoughts maybe that's the only thing that was keeping him awake laugh.png

Come On Guys What the <deleted> do you actually expect pay peanuts get monkeys. All the real money has gone to the in the know what a surprise brokers (Mafia) be very surprised if one of the guards could actually say rescue never mind spell it in Thai or English.

I'd think calling them "life savers" might be a dis-service to those who actually are.

I may be wrong, and please correct me if i am, but I cant imagine they've done a proper course and are probably just some guys who can swim.