How to catch good taxi at Phuket airport?

nabbie

Hi, I shall be at Arrival area, Phuket airport nest week & go straight to just outside of Phuket Town at the late night. I aim for at most 800B to catch taxi. Any useful tips would be welcome especially the positive responses. Or should I listen someone outside at Arrival area to pick the taxi?

Go to the meter taxi stand, on the right side from the arrivals exit onto the street. Under the flyover up to departures.

100 baht airport charge + meter reading

This works nowadays ? The driver will switch on the Meter without discussion or creating a scene ? And not stop his car after a few hundred Meters demaning double the fare ?

Go to the meter taxi stand, on the right side from the arrivals exit onto the street. Under the flyover up to departures.

This works nowadays ? The driver will switch on the Meter without discussion or creating a scene ? And not stop his car after a few hundred Meters demaning double the fare ?

Yes, this works.

I flew into Phuket Airport last week and there is now a taxi meter counter only a few metres to the right of the arrivals exit....on the footpath.

During our last trip there, we got a freebie biggrin.png . Marriot Hotel stand talked us into listening to their timeshare promotion and in exchange we got transport from the airport to our hotel, even though we weren't staying at the Marriot. They dropped us off at our hotel (Seaview Patong), arranged to take us back to the airport on our return home, threw in tickets to Fantasea and a golf day for hubbie. Cost us NOTHING.. just an hour of our time saying ooh and aah... didn't even buy into the timeshare stuff.

During our last trip there, we got a freebie biggrin.png . Marriot Hotel stand talked us into listening to their timeshare promotion and in exchange we got transport from the airport to our hotel, even though we weren't staying at the Marriot. They dropped us off at our hotel (Seaview Patong), arranged to take us back to the airport on our return home, threw in tickets to Fantasea and a golf day for hubbie. Cost us NOTHING.. just an hour of our time saying ooh and aah... didn't even buy into the timeshare stuff.

Good one ... I like a positive story ...

Sometimes passport control takes a long time, up to an hour or more.

And sometimes it takes less than 5 minutes.

I have experienced the last few times at the airport to pickup some guests that it took me all in all 60-75 minutes from plane touchdown to arrival at their hotel in Kata Beach. And those were international arrivals (at times with little traffic).

Walk our the airport door ignoring all the taxi shills, turn right walk 30 meters to the taxi stand/hut.

Tell them where you are going, they write it down on a chit with the cost, 600 to Patong.

Walk our the airport door ignoring all the taxi shills, turn right walk 30 meters to the taxi stand/hut.

Tell them where you are going, they write it down on a chit with the cost, 600 to Patong.

Info a little outdated , the taxi stand has moved and how the heck you manage 600thb to Patong ???

"600 to Patong" - when did you last get a taxi from Phuket Airport to Patong????

I can tell you right now, is 100B surcharge and to Pissit Koranee (just into Patong at Bottom of hill) to my place is 640B (so 740B total) down town Patong would be more, as said they now have a stall on the left as you walk out of the exit door of terminal building (arrivals) last time I got a Limo cab was 800B so probably better to do that for what you save. if you want excitment after a 7hr flight then jump in a minivan for a laf...

(600B to Patong? ha ha ha...) yes I remeber it well, few moons ago since though (& Prime Ministers come to think of it?)

When TW and I go Phuket we have a deal with a driver for 550B to Patong from Airport - forget about these so called metertaxi, they take you for sightseeing and you could end up over 1,000B on the meter

All in all Phuket is a scam from leaving the airportbuilding till entering again ...

When TW and I go Phuket we have a deal with a driver for 550B to Patong from Airport - forget about these so called metertaxi, they take you for sightseeing and you could end up over 1,000B on the meter

All in all Phuket is a scam from leaving the airportbuilding till entering again ...

Actually, the scam doesn't start when leaving the airport building, it starts before that.

Remember the "fast line for a fee" at immigration, and the Chinese paying a few baht "visa fee?" biggrin.png

There is no good Taxi to catch at Airport, They all overcharge!

If you arrive in daytime grab the bus 120 baht into town.

....or better the scheduled Airport Bus that sends you straight to Patong and will drop you behind Jungceylon hassle-free

Info a little outdated , the taxi stand has moved and how the heck you manage 600thb to Patong ???

I arrived late from Bangkok and I got a taxi to Patong for 700b 10 days ago. He wanted 800 but you can try to bring down the price a little.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am pleased to confirm the taxi from phuketshuttle service arrived slightly earlier than scheduled time in both ways.

The driver is a nice bloke and the fee of 700B sounds good & reasonable.

Therefore I am happy to recommend anyone to that service. thumbsup.gif

I used them a few days ago, again. Airport pickup to Kamala. They had my name on a card upon arrival. My flight was late, but they had a nice SUV waiting for me. No frills. no BS, good service.

I used them a few days ago, again. Airport pickup to Kamala. They had my name on a card upon arrival. My flight was late, but they had a nice SUV waiting for me. No frills. no BS, good service.

I've never used them.

Any idea why the owner and/or drivers haven't been threatened, beaten etc and have either conformed, or been put out of business?