French, Indian tourists injured in attacks in Pattaya

Thaivisa News

stupid falangs

a frenchman getting drunk with a thai? what a dick head! no one gets drunk with a thai unless they are asking for it!

Very good point. Sounds naive indeed. They simply have little use for us. Very, very few Thais seem to have an interest in a genuine friendship with a fareng. Is this a cultural thing? Many other nations I have been to the local men are open to establishing friends. Not so with most Thai men. Is it a jealousy thing? Or just the thought that there is nothing to be learned from ignorant foreigners? A nationalism thing? It is a real puzzle to me. Even the one who speak excellent english seem to have little interest.

Lets turn this around Mike and come at it from another angle.Lets pick any party town in the west,Gold Coast in Australia for example.Thousands and thousands of cashed up Thais,Indians,Iranians,Turks,Malaysians and Indo's are in town,day in,day out,partying to all hours and buying up Ozzy women,cheap.They are pissed up and disrespectful of our culture(what ever that is).Do you rekon there would be a few blues at night.I rekon it would be full on warfare.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Pattaya ..... such a lovely place .... whistling.gif

So why comment at all. 14 million people do enjoy it every year. Crime such as this occurs in every city in the world.

14.000.000 people yearly ? Sorry its impossible, otherwise how many in the whole Thailand? coffee1.gif

2014 not 8.000.000

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/Pattaya-sees-drop-in-2014-tourists-to-7m-30228975.html

stupid falangs

a frenchman getting drunk with a thai? what a dick head! no one gets drunk with a thai unless they are asking for it!

Really? I've drank with a lot of Thais, often getting drunk, and never had an issue

It's not about nationality at all.

But the thai guy in blue adidas shirt is well known criminal. You can meet him on the beach opposite Mike Mall very next day "renting" jet-ski...

yes, and hes back there already, 500B fine at the most. this guy puts on on quite a show so if your tired of the walking st kick boxers come on down to Mikes some evening for the real thing

Indians love to party baby

Yeah, We do...Nana Plaza was created by an Indian businessman called Lek Nana from Indian State of Gujarat. If it isn't for an Indian, we wouldn't have the Thai night life. He was the first one to start it off smile.png

Well, he may be behind the name (as a property magnate in that area), but as a practicing Muslim, I doubt that he conceived of Nana Square (originally a restaurant complex) becoming a sexpat's playground. He was of Gujarati extraction, and if you're from India, you'll know Gujarat is a 'dry' state.

stupid falangs

Very good point. Sounds naive indeed. They simply have little use for us. Very, very few Thais seem to have an interest in a genuine friendship with a fareng. Is this a cultural thing? Many other nations I have been to the local men are open to establishing friends. Not so with most Thai men. Is it a jealousy thing? Or just the thought that there is nothing to be learned from ignorant foreigners? A nationalism thing? It is a real puzzle to me. Even the one who speak excellent english seem to have little interest.

'Normal' people in the East will definitely not try to build up ma friendship with a foreigner. It is only the beach boys and people in the tourist trade that force themselves for friendships with foreigners for obvious reasons. Main reason is the huge difference in culture & attitudes.

On the other hand, some students, work colleagues etc might build up friendships after knowing each other for a while.

It is nothing special to Thailand - IMHO

they should restrict the beer bars and what have you to a red light area instead of the whole city being one big blur of sex for sale. Sometimes from really high up and far away, the beach looks quite nice and peaceful with some amazing sunsets over the bay.

they should restrict the beer bars and what have you to a red light area instead of the whole city being one big blur of sex for sale. Sometimes from really high up and far away, the beach looks quite nice and peaceful with some amazing sunsets over the bay.

Have you been to Pattaya or only to the "red light" areas?

Perhaps I have led a sheltered life, but after more than a few nights out and in bars around the world, to date, I still can not recall leaving one with a guy i just met to take a walk on the beach.

Is there something in this story that i am missing...

What could a presumptuous European say to a Thai that might be rewarded with an elbow?

Things that make ya go "hmmm"

Gay???? some quiet time on the beach, then the frenchman realises he has to pay for this service?????

Edited by Bernard Flint

Have you been to Pattaya or only to the "red light" areas?

The beach IS red light area at 5am, who in their right mind would be trawling that dangerous area unless looking for hookers.

stupid falangs

'Normal' people in the East will definitely not try to build up ma friendship with a foreigner. It is only the beach boys and people in the tourist trade that force themselves for friendships with foreigners for obvious reasons. Main reason is the huge difference in culture & attitudes.

On the other hand, some students, work colleagues etc might build up friendships after knowing each other for a while.

It is nothing special to Thailand - IMHO

I live on a quiet street in downtown Hatyai--the largest city in the South. Two neighbors across the street are local Chinese-Thais, brothers, and in the commodity-import business. The neighbor to the right of me and his wife are from Bangkok and are university professors, the neighbor to my left is from Phattalung and owns two popular Southern-style Thai restaurants in town. None of their businesses are tourist-related and I have been to all of their houses; and they to mine. I think these are fairly normal, if not upper-middle-class Thais; and we are friends.

One of the brothers, the professor and I frequently go out bar-hopping--to Thai bars--like male friends do everywhere. Of course, my wife is not an ex-bar girl, she is educated, outgoing, and has made friends with the neighbors' wives; and I am not a financially-strapped sex-tourist swilling Chang until I pass-out daily. Maybe the neighbors see the difference.

Any wonder why these Indians got drunk. One was call Singh. Everytime some one said " One more Singh " he said yes.

Wow. Clever stuff. Do you write your own material? Have you ever thought of taking your show on the road, or submitting your clips to the comedy channel?

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to Pattaya ..... such a lovely place .... whistling.gif

You can be mugged, attacked or even killed anywhere in the world.

Is London? ..... such a lovely place .... whistling.gif

Is New York? ..... such a lovely place .... whistling.gif

Is Paris? ..... such a lovely place .... whistling.gif

Is Sydney? ..... such a lovely place .... whistling.gif

Your remark is very stupid.

Which does not belong in this sentance?

London, New York, Paris, Pattaya, Sydney..rolleyes.gif