French, Indian tourists injured in attacks in Pattaya

Thaivisa News

stupid falangs

a frenchman getting drunk with a thai? what a dick head! no one gets drunk with a thai unless they are asking for it!

Not all Thais get obnoxious when they have a few under the belt. I have seen more obnoxious drunk falang around Pattaya and BKK than Thai over the years. I play darts in Pattaya and the Thai we have in our teams get as pleasantly pissed as the falang.

But that being said, an Englishman came staggering into my favorite watering hole, sat down and barged his way into the conversation I was having with my mates. No shirt, sweating like a pig and stinking of B.O. He proceeded to tell us that he just had an argument with the jet ski Thai guys on the beach. He had been drinking with them. We could understand, this guy turned out to be an argumentative SOB. Apparently he wanted to fight them, over what I don't know. We told him, "next time walk away. These guys will do you real damage, and they'll find you next morning rolled up against the sea wall". No one would have seen a thing. Trying to explain this to him was like talking to a brick wall.

And it was his first time in Thailand.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frenchman and Indians assaulted in Pattaya, 3 suspects arrested

fight-9.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Pattaya Police have arrested 3 men who were suspected of assaulting a Frenchman and 3 Indians in two separate cases which occurred in the early hours of Monday.

The first case occurred just before 3am and resulted in head injuries sustained to Mr. Jorge Viera aged 37 from France. He was attacked outside of the Baywalk Residence in South Pattaya by a Thai man who he was earlier seen drinking with.

The pair were seen to argue which led to a physical altercation. Mr. Viera refused hospital treatment but did make a report of the assault at Pattaya Police Station.

The second foreign assault of the night occurred one hour later in the car park of Mixx Discotheque at the Southern end of Walking Street and resulted in three Indians being injured after they entered into a scuffle with two parking attendants.

Mr. Jagdeep Singh aged 24 reported the assault at Pattaya Police Station after he and his friends had returned from Hospital. They claim that as they left the Disco and were about to drive away in their car, one of the attendants told them to stop and exit their vehicle.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/201029/frenchman-and-indians-assaulted-in-pattaya-3-suspects-arrested/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2015-06-23

Another Chelsea thug.....

Perhaps I have led a sheltered life, but after more than a few nights out and in bars around the world, to date, I still can not recall leaving one with a guy i just met to take a walk on the beach.

Is there something in this story that i am missing...

What could a presumptuous European say to a Thai that might be rewarded with an elbow?

Things that make ya go "hmmm"

Hmmm indeed. Perchance the European chap presumed (in his "presumptuous " state), that the Asian guy had something to offer him on the beach...like his "sister" maybe ?

In how many other world class destinations are you likely to encounter 3 km of prime tourist- area beachfront lined with such a proliferation of local hookers, gender benders , and social miscreants ?......Sheltered life or blinkered life ?

Frenchman and Indians assaulted in Pattaya, 3 suspects arrested

fight-9.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Pattaya Police have arrested 3 men who were suspected of assaulting a Frenchman and 3 Indians in two separate cases which occurred in the early hours of Monday.

The first case occurred just before 3am and resulted in head injuries sustained to Mr. Jorge Viera aged 37 from France. He was attacked outside of the Baywalk Residence in South Pattaya by a Thai man who he was earlier seen drinking with.

The pair were seen to argue which led to a physical altercation. Mr. Viera refused hospital treatment but did make a report of the assault at Pattaya Police Station.

The second foreign assault of the night occurred one hour later in the car park of Mixx Discotheque at the Southern end of Walking Street and resulted in three Indians being injured after they entered into a scuffle with two parking attendants.

Mr. Jagdeep Singh aged 24 reported the assault at Pattaya Police Station after he and his friends had returned from Hospital. They claim that as they left the Disco and were about to drive away in their car, one of the attendants told them to stop and exit their vehicle.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/201029/frenchman-and-indians-assaulted-in-pattaya-3-suspects-arrested/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2015-06-23

Another Chelsea thug.....

Where does it say this French man lives in Chelsea ?

Many just come hire to get drunk , I don't understand why the not get drunk in there home country .

Yes don't drink with Thais most don't know when to stop . And don't drink with farangs .

Drink milk .

I don't understand why people still ask this question.

Welcome to Pattaya ..... such a lovely place .... whistling.gif

So why comment at all. 14 million people do enjoy it every year. Crime such as this occurs in every city in the world.

Why let facts get in the way of some good old Pattaya bashing!

Ok, let's look at some facts then...

Number of tourists visiting Pattaya in 2014: 7 million (not sure I can link Pattaya Mail here)

Number of tourists visiting Singapore in 2014: 15 million (https://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Tourism_in_Singapore)

Number of attacks on tourists in Singapore in 2014: 0 (or close to it .... I certainly don't recall any being reported).

Number of attacks on tourists in Pattaya in the past 24 hours: two

Of course, the causes of this difference is up for debate (and there are likely multiple causes). But let's not delude ourselves into believe that Pattaya is at all 'normal' in terms of its crime rate.

stupid falangs

a frenchman getting drunk with a thai? what a dick head! no one gets drunk with a thai unless they are asking for it!

Unbelievable. How can you even think that? No wonder so many Thais dislike farangs. Do you live here and never had a Thai friend?

Thai man drink all night for free and when it is time for him to do his job he punches man in face. Frenchman stupid because he tried to be a gentleman and do the right court ship tradition. I read people on Thai Visa blame the Frenchman. The ones blaming him was probably beaten by a Thai women. You should just shut up and accept you lost loves!

Welcome to Pattaya ..... such a lovely place .... whistling.gif

You can be mugged, attacked or even killed anywhere in the world.

Is London? ..... such a lovely place .... whistling.gif

Is New York? ..... such a lovely place .... whistling.gif

Is Paris? ..... such a lovely place .... whistling.gif

Is Sydney? ..... such a lovely place .... whistling.gif

Your remark is very stupid.

A further libelous post has been removed:

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

stupid falangs

Really? I've drank with a lot of Thais, often getting drunk, and never had an issue....

Thai man drink all night for free and when it is time for him to do his job he punches man in face. Frenchman stupid because he tried to be a gentleman and do the right court ship tradition. I read people on Thai Visa blame the Frenchman. The ones blaming him was probably beaten by a Thai women. You should just shut up and accept you lost loves!

Nobody thought that they were gay and this was just a lover's tiff?

As good a guess as to a lot of the comments being made here.........................wink.png

stupid falangs

Very good point. Sounds naive indeed. They simply have little use for us. Very, very few Thais seem to have an interest in a genuine friendship with a fareng. Is this a cultural thing? Many other nations I have been to the local men are open to establishing friends. Not so with most Thai men. Is it a jealousy thing? Or just the thought that there is nothing to be learned from ignorant foreigners? A nationalism thing? It is a real puzzle to me. Even the one who speak excellent english seem to have little interest.

We are a perceived threat to them and to their women, this overweighs any dollars we may spend.

How many times has a foreigner been told by a Thai woman, "I do not want a Thai man."

stupid falangs

Very good point. Sounds naive indeed. They simply have little use for us. Very, very few Thais seem to have an interest in a genuine friendship with a fareng. Is this a cultural thing? Many other nations I have been to the local men are open to establishing friends. Not so with most Thai men. Is it a jealousy thing? Or just the thought that there is nothing to be learned from ignorant foreigners? A nationalism thing? It is a real puzzle to me. Even the one who speak excellent english seem to have little interest.

Replace the word " Thais" with "Farang" in your post and it will demonstrate why.

then just look at these pages to see the bickering and pathetic plssing contests.

if farangs cant get along with other farangs here and assume all are dlckheads and loosers then WHY should Thais think any different of Farangs?

Me guilty as charged, i avoid associating with farangs here also as all they want to do is chew your ear off with their vast superiorority and knowledge on all things Thai.

Cant really blaim them for dodging farangs i reckon

That has not been my experience. My heart goes out to you, regarding your misfortune here.

I have some very close farang friends here who are sharp, creative, positive, successful, passionate and fun to be around. Sure, we all complain occasionally. But, most of us love it here, and many of us love the Thai people. I do have some Thai friends through my wife's relationships. But, they are not close friends. When I say I have few Thai friends, it is with sorrow and lament. I wish I did.

Edited by spidermike007

I'm trying to remember the last time I ever read a "news" article about police arresting suspects for committing crimes -- but then the article in question says absolutely nothing about who was arrested -- no names, no details, no nothing.

They even have a lead photo of one guy who apparently is one of the suspects, but no mention of who that is in the article either. But somehow, the "journalists" here do manage to name and identify a couple of the victims. bah.gifbah.gifbah.gif

Perhaps, since the three suspects here are likely to get what, a 500 baht fine, for allegedly beating up a group of tourists, perhaps the police or the "reporters" involved figured it wasn't worth their time to actually provide details on who was arrested.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Really get annoyed with the Pattaya bashing.

I have lived in Jomtien for years, used to go into Pattaya regularly and never had a problem.

I have quite a few Thai friends and they are no different as my western friends when out, all have fun.

Of course you have idiots out there, both western and Thai, it is not mandatory to associate with them.

stupid falangs

What was the Frenchman asking for? maybe he ka-toy.

The Indians bad mouthed the car park staff and didn't pay for having car looked after!

Great job DR Watson, crime solved

cheesy.gif

Well, many of us can get a girl back home. But, she would be 200 pounds, ugly, and very, very unpleasant to be with. Or even if she was good looking and thin, she would insist we check our nutsack at the door. Many of us are unwilling to do that, and prefer being with a woman who is comfortable manifesting the dignity and beauty within femininity. I have never enjoyed being with a woman who is more masculine than myself. Or attempts to be so. That is about 70% of the female population in the US. No thanks. Have tried that. Would not trade in my Thai wife for anyone. Much less a westerner.

What you mean is with your age and looks your choices were limited. Here because you have some money you can get other girls (as long as you pay a salary ect). That is ok just be honest about the fact your just not a good catch and therefor your choices limited. So you go to a 3rd world country where your money is worth a bit more to negate your other problems.

Then you come to Thavisa complaining about everything else and how bad Thais are and how you don't like to live here. You can't have it all mate.

Wrong on most counts, son. I happen to love Thailand and have a lot of love and respect for the Thai people. Sure, I complain about a few things from time to time, but as long as I am not constipated, my daily attitude is pretty good. I paid a salary in America for a woman. All men do. It is in the form of a joint bank account, and half of all of my assets. If you do not consider that a salary, we have very different points of view, son.

Overall my live here is wonderful, so I do relatively little complaining. One of my few beefs I do have about Thailand is when my parade gets rained on by hyper critical men like you. Thank you very much for your kind support.

Lastly, I would have no problem getting a woman back in the states. But, as I said initially, she would be a compromise candidate. Why compromise in life, if you do not have to?